Anyone else listen to Pandora internet radio?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Anyone else listen to Pandora internet radio?

I hadn't heard about it until sometime last year when everyone at Adobe started listening to it while at work... I gave it a try and now listen to it daily!

It works by taking a particular song that you like, and it plays all songs similar to that particular song, and it works really well too, it has yet to let me down.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:59 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Give it a week... Pandora has a cap at 40 hours per month. If you want to listen to it more than that you have to pay.

There are better internet radio sites.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Give it a week... Pandora has a cap at 40 hours per month. If you want to listen to it more than that you have to pay.

There are better internet radio sites.
Yeah, I know, the 40 hour thing def sucks, but I don't usually listen to it more then 40 hours per week, but there are times where do exceed it and it sucks, so I just switch to my extensive MP3 collections of various music from classical to punk, and everything in between.

Can you recommend any other good internet radio sites with the same type of overall setup as pandora?

Also, anyone down for a BAIC music swap?
Old 10-21-2009, 06:18 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Just listen to one of your fav artists and it'll let you listen to a bunch of similar artists, if you liek what you hear, try checking out the album =). Great way to get into some new music and bands.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 AM

Damn, I have the station set to "Unsere rettung", which is by a band called "Oomph!", and this ROCKS!!!

I've found so many good bands that I had never heard of thanks to Pandora.

If you're a hard metal or speed metal fan, check out that particular station. Some of the songs are kinda weird, but you can just skip over them, otherwise there are some GREAT songs on this channel!

EDIT: I just switched to the channel "System F", which as you know is one of the most amazing trance artists on earth, so if you like trance, this is the station for you!!!

Last edited by brucelee; 10-21-2009 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Just listen to one of your fav artists and it'll let you listen to a bunch of similar artists, if you liek what you hear, try checking out the album =). Great way to get into some new music and bands.
exactly, this is a great idea for a site and soon we'll be able to stream it into our cars, so bye bye XM and Sirius (Althought they are already gone, AKA bankrupt).

Now if they only set it up so that you could buy songs that appeared on your playlist... Not sure if they have that capability but it would be pretty damn cool, especially if they made it cheaper then i-tunes ($1 a song is pretty cheap, but ads up like crazy! lol)

I was serious about the BAIC music swap, if anyone is interested in swapping some music, post up and we can make it happen. Of course we'll follow all laws and regulations *looks around*
Old 10-21-2009, 06:51 AM

Car Info: bugeye WAR wagon
Originally Posted by brucelee
exactly, this is a great idea for a site and soon we'll be able to stream it into our cars, so bye bye XM and Sirius (Althought they are already gone, AKA bankrupt).
my girlfriend and i use pandora in our cars via our cellphones!

she has an i-phone and a pioneer d3 w/ the blue-tooth adapter. she can do aux in or stream via bluetooth...

i have a G1 and with my old deck (JVC KD-AVX2) i used aux in. and now with my new deck (JVC KD-AVX77) i can use aux in or stream via bluetooth as well!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by BeE_JiZZeLs
my girlfriend and i use pandora in our cars via our cellphones!

she has an i-phone and a pioneer d3 w/ the blue-tooth adapter. she can do aux in or stream via bluetooth...

i have a G1 and with my old deck (JVC KD-AVX2) i used aux in. and now with my new deck (JVC KD-AVX77) i can use aux in or stream via bluetooth as well!
Awesome! I can't wait until the tech is taken a little further so that it doesn't require a cell phone.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:00 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Slacker Radio (www.slacker.com), Same basic idea as Pandora. Although I find that the user interface is a little bit easier to figure out and Slacker seems to have more songs than Pandora. Pandora will have all the popular songs from any given artist, Slacker will have the entire discography of any given artist. And best of all Slacker doesn't have any limits on how long you can listen for.

Slacker also offers a Portable device that you can get and you can listen to Slacker radio like you would on an .mp3 player.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:01 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Awesome! I can't wait until the tech is taken a little further so that it doesn't require a cell phone.
Slacker also offers a Portable device that you can get and you can listen to Slacker radio like you would on an .mp3 player.
It has... Although I still use the iPhone app anyway.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:02 AM

Car Info: 70 BMW 1600
I use the Pandora app on my iphone every day
Old 10-21-2009, 07:14 AM

Slacker Radio (www.slacker.com), Same basic idea as Pandora. Although I find that the user interface is a little bit easier to figure out and Slacker seems to have more songs than Pandora. Pandora will have all the popular songs from any given artist, Slacker will have the entire discography of any given artist. And best of all Slacker doesn't have any limits on how long you can listen for.

Awesome! Checking it out right now, thank you!
Old 10-21-2009, 08:31 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Pandora is the awesome. Listen to it almost every day.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:58 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX, 2015 Murano, 2017 NGM Camaro SS
I listen to it on my computer or on my Ipod. I totally dig it.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Legacy GT
Yeah, I know, the 40 hour thing def sucks, but I don't usually listen to it more then 40 hours per week, but there are times where do exceed it and it sucks, so I just switch to my extensive MP3 collections of various music from classical to punk, and everything in between.

Can you recommend any other good internet radio sites with the same type of overall setup as pandora?

Also, anyone down for a BAIC music swap?
The fee is only $1 for the rest of that month. I've also heard good things about last.fm, though I've never tried it myself.

I listen to Pandora in my car almost every day when I'm driving to/from work (unless I have a new CD). Since my commute is only about 10 minutes, I haven't run over the limit yet. Unfortunately at work these days, I'm too busy to listen to music anymore.

Quick Reply: Anyone else listen to Pandora internet radio?