View Poll Results: Are you going to boycott the purchase of gasoline on Wednesday?
Yes, we need to show the oil companies who's boss
42.86%
No, a one-day boycott doesn't accomplish a thing
57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone else doin that gasoline boycott thing tomorrow?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 01:14 PM

Anyone else doin that gasoline boycott thing tomorrow?

well.. since its freaken 2.65 a gallon in my area, there is a boycott thing goin on tomorrow, (wensday)

saw it on cnn, something called "stick it to them"

http://www.moynihaninstitute.org/gasboycott.htm

anyone else not buying gas?
Old 05-18-2004, 01:18 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
it doesn't work
Old 05-18-2004, 01:18 PM

is this a one day boycott? because with all these morons who dont pay attention to crap like this it will be just another money making day for the oil riggin SOBs
Old 05-18-2004, 01:19 PM

Car Info: GDA
didn't read the link but...

i don't think ppl will have a problem participating, but what exactly will not filling up for a day do for us? what kind of msg besides "we're pissed" can we send with this boycott? like chubb says, if they raise prices, we "can't stick it to them forever."
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
i will be but thats only because i dont drive on thursdays..lol. I also agree with chubb. They might try to make up for there losses in the future.
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
it would work IF people didn't drive anywhere and used public transportation, bike, walk, etc...
Old 05-18-2004, 01:21 PM

this is what reads in the above link.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES. AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES. THEREFORE MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY. THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO? REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO! WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"

Whats up with all this people who actually think they are being herd? Im like all for it but the truth is this ished aint easy
Old 05-18-2004, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by doughboy
didn't read the link but...

i don't think ppl will have a problem participating, but what exactly will not filling up for a day do for us? what kind of msg besides "we're pissed" can we send with this boycott? like chubb says, if they raise prices, we "can't stick it to them forever."
Well like the statement says the oil companies would choke on thier own supply meaning they would overstock, meaning they would have to get rid of the crap, meaning there will be lower gas prices. NOW! this is what "They mean" Its not what I believe will happen I think it would be more like uhhh If we on IClub herd about the boycott and its all over CNN Im sure they herd about it to so they will be playing it a lil safe. hahah infact I think it would be so cool if the Oil companies said "Hey u wanna boycott us?! theres no need cause we got another event goin on. We aint gonna sell you gas on the 19th how you like the sound of that!?!?"

Now honestly US would pretty much be shut down hard core if they did that.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:29 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/nogas.asp
Old 05-18-2004, 01:31 PM

i know, i don't see how 1 day can really affect that ****...

gas so so damn expensive
Old 05-18-2004, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
that theory is hella gh3y. so even if nobody buys gas on the 19th, the sales on the days leading up to and teh days after will offset the lack of sales on that day. what cracks me up is that those people think that because we don't buy gas that day, that the actual consumption decreases as a result.

i'm going to go out of my way to put as much gas as possible in my car tomorrow. and I'm going to look for gas stations with protestors. and i'll be sure to point out my "peace through superior firepower" stickAr.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by RussB
that theory is hella gh3y. so even if nobody buys gas on the 19th, the sales on the days leading up to and teh days after will offset the lack of sales on that day. what cracks me up is that those people think that because we don't buy gas that day, that the actual consumption decreases as a result.

i'm going to go out of my way to put as much gas as possible in my car tomorrow. and I'm going to look for gas stations with protestors. and i'll be sure to point out my "peace through superior firepower" stickAr.
lol

i think ima do the same thing
Old 05-18-2004, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I'm filling up twice, just because the idea is so retarded.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'll participate...but that's just because I have a near full tank right now and don't plan on driving far for a few days anyways. These type of things don't work.

Quick Reply: Anyone else doin that gasoline boycott thing tomorrow?