Anyone in Bay Area do a 6spd w/dccd swap? HELP ME!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 09:18 AM

Car Info: '07 STI
Exclamation Anyone in Bay Area do a 6spd w/dccd swap? HELP ME!!

Hi, i'm about to do a complete 6spd swap with dccd. i do realize that i'll need the dccd brain and the rear diff to make things work. my only question is that if i get the brain of the dccd and the gauge cluster, does anyone know how to wire it up? also, any tips on how to do it the easiest way possible would be greatly appreciated! thanks for the responds!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Originally Posted by dunnojack
Hi, i'm about to do a complete 6spd swap with dccd. i do realize that i'll need the dccd brain and the rear diff to make things work. my only question is that if i get the brain of the dccd and the gauge cluster, does anyone know how to wire it up? also, any tips on how to do it the easiest way possible would be greatly appreciated! thanks for the responds!
A few local members/tuners have done quite a few 6spd w/ dccd swap. But I doubt they would want to share their trade secrets. Hate to break it to ya..but nothing is free these days..

time to grabe a case of beer and start bribing..
Old 08-20-2004, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by dunnojack
We just got our own MY04 STi w/ dccd, which we are doing a conversion into *it's a secret*

I assume you know what you've gotten yourself into? Are you "wire inclined"?

*It's a mess and a lot of work to do the wiring, thank god Adam is the wiring king.

-Noah
Old 08-20-2004, 10:47 AM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza WRX Sedan
https://www.i-club.com/forums/showth...?threadid=3540

If you haven't read Imprezer's 6-speed swap, now's a good time too.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:21 PM

Car Info: '07 STI
the imprezer's 6-spd swap is just an intro to the swap and what parts are needed. what i'm trying to find out before jumping into this is are there any special procedures that i might have to take before doing this. my main concern is with the wiring and the dccd brain. everything else should be a straight bolt-on. basically, i'm just trying to elimate any suprises that i might have from this by asking for everyone's help. thanks!