anybody know a good tattoo parlor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 09:22 PM

Car Info: 05 aspen white sti
I don't know what verse it is, this tattoo artist in hawaii told me it it goes like
"For those I love, I will sacrafice".
i dont know whether i should get it in a scroll or in a straight line across my lower back. suggestions?
Old 04-27-2006, 11:33 PM

Car Info: 2013 WRX Hatchback
http://instrife.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=80996

you might want to research it before you do it. I don't think its a bible verse, and I think some guy from a punk band had it on him.

Last edited by tkarabian; 04-27-2006 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:58 PM

Car Info: 2012 DGM STi Sedan
For Asian peices I hear State of Grace is one of the best in the area. www.horitaka.com
Old 04-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
Jason Kundel is top notch for japanese stuff. He used to work at Art Work Rebels in SF, but I heard he has his own shop now. I am sure if can Art Work Rebels, they will tell you how to find him. I am seeing him on the 14th of may for my stuff.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:03 AM

Location: At the store trading the box of tissue in on some brawny!
Car Info: Platinum 02 WRX, Progress springs,JIC Bullet exhaust , STI shifter, Accessecu, Rota Sub Zero
Originally Posted by mattyd
thanks for replying every1. my main concern is the fact that im only 16. im pretty sure that any1 i go to can do a bible verse on my back, its just a matter of my age and if its a clean place. thanks again keep em comin

Do NOT be sure that anyone can do the simplest thing on your body!

My advice to all....and I'm one month into my second traditional sleeve, Horitoshi inspired....

Stay away from verses, words and names, you never know when you might wake up and figure out that either the name you have on you for life no longer exists or you convert to a different religion.

NO Kanji for the unversed in any characters! The only Kanji in Japanese tattooing is the tattoists name , you will notice blank banners on full body works in progress reserved for the name of the final signaturewhen all is said and done.
Improper use of Kanji may result in your idea of having

" I love Butterflies who fly high on the sweet spring wind"

emblazoned on your back, or in "Silly Trendy *****" tattooing, on the small of your back, actually say

" Looking for underage boys with Coke bottle insertion fantasies!"

Usually these things are discovered on trips to Japan or a jaunt through Chinatown("But that "artist" told me these were Japanese characters!!!") after it's too late and the locals giggle every time they walk by.

The term artist is an american thing. Tattoing is first and foremost a skilled trade, artists live in Sebastopol and make sculptures with cow dung and cut off dread locks. Huck is an artist , he doesn't sculpt with dung , but I know he plays with it on occasion which is why I love him so.
Unfortunately magazines and do it yourself tattoo starter kits have made everyone an "artist". I doubt half of the people out there today can mix their own colors, make their own needles much less wind their own bobbins and machine their own guns, not to mention realize what fits the human body as far ascomposition. There's a catalog for all that now.

Be carefull, be patient and remember irezumi on a grand scale is not "Yakuza" style,
it is tradition, sacred and meaningfull, not to mention years of dedication to lying down and having some one cause you severe pain, not to be confused with the 45 minute tribal armband!

Love you all.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:29 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by cohlineman
Do NOT be sure that anyone can do the simplest thing on your body!

My advice to all....and I'm one month into my second traditional sleeve, Horitoshi inspired....

Stay away from verses, words and names, you never know when you might wake up and figure out that either the name you have on you for life no longer exists or you convert to a different religion.

NO Kanji for the unversed in any characters! The only Kanji in Japanese tattooing is the tattoists name , you will notice blank banners on full body works in progress reserved for the name of the final signaturewhen all is said and done.
Improper use of Kanji may result in your idea of having

" I love Butterflies who fly high on the sweet spring wind"

emblazoned on your back, or in "Silly Trendy *****" tattooing, on the small of your back, actually say

" Looking for underage boys with Coke bottle insertion fantasies!"

Usually these things are discovered on trips to Japan or a jaunt through Chinatown("But that "artist" told me these were Japanese characters!!!") after it's too late and the locals giggle every time they walk by.

The term artist is an american thing. Tattoing is first and foremost a skilled trade, artists live in Sebastopol and make sculptures with cow dung and cut off dread locks. Huck is an artist , he doesn't sculpt with dung , but I know he plays with it on occasion which is why I love him so.
Unfortunately magazines and do it yourself tattoo starter kits have made everyone an "artist". I doubt half of the people out there today can mix their own colors, make their own needles much less wind their own bobbins and machine their own guns, not to mention realize what fits the human body as far ascomposition. There's a catalog for all that now.

Be carefull, be patient and remember irezumi on a grand scale is not "Yakuza" style,
it is tradition, sacred and meaningfull, not to mention years of dedication to lying down and having some one cause you severe pain, not to be confused with the 45 minute tribal armband!

Love you all.
right on. I'd love to see your stuff.

This is wait so long for my tattoos. I have one tattoo artist that I absolutely love and he is a studied japanese tattoo ARTIST. he is very much the artist. You should see the stuff he draws let alone tattoos. Did the painting "flaming june" on a guy I knows arm. My dove on my arm. Going to do my girlfriend entire back. drawing to start soon. Already has done 3/4 sketches..full size. He is a big piece guy. Sees it the way it should be seen. Not just as flat canvas but something that needs to match the way the body moves and bends.

Shoot with my arm he drew it strait on my arm with a pen. I said yeah but do this. he did it. Then bam we dropped the outline. the rest was from his head.

He just got double carple tunel surgery (sp) and is recovering. he's not working for a shop right now but plans to build one at his house for the time being. Hasn't just been "in" magazines..they've done features on him. Worked for a top shop in pismo for awhile. Basically been pro for like 18 years or something like that. It's my girlfriends brother so I get work for free...DOPE!!! my arm was like 6 hours....so far. But it also means I have to wait..haaaaa. Got 2 more in the works right now. Soon as he can draw/tattoo again.

Be very careful with who you pick and what you pick.

The only kanji going on my body is Kap's signature.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!get on!
yah i've thought about change of religion and what not, i think its a very good point for people considering entire verses.

what i want to have on my arm is a verse from the egyptian boo of the dead.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
This is the piece I got from Industrial Strength:

Its not all fresh and clean like most pictures, but thats how tattoos look after the scabbing goes away. He did a fantastic job. I gave him a picture, he put it on my back with ink. Hurt like hell and took like 8 hours, but it was worth it.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:00 PM

Car Info: '05 STi
Check out In Your Skin in Dublin. Guy named Anthony does some pretty good work, and the place is pretty clean.
Attached Thumbnails anybody know a good tattoo parlor?-tat.jpg  
Old 05-07-2006, 11:29 AM

Car Info: 2003 ASPEN WHITE WRX
GURU in san jose for sure :banana:
Old 05-07-2006, 12:03 PM

Car Info: Old '05 wrb wrx wagon New '07 pearl white wrx wagon
Thumbs up

I'd like to second state of grace in san jose dan wysup from there who also works here in santa cruz did a great back piece that covers 3/4 of my back and also one on my wifes ankle nomal type designs but he specilizes in japanese tattoos he is an awsome artist and can't recommend him enough. Thanks

Last edited by scfasttimes; 05-07-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:34 PM

Car Info: Old '05 wrb wrx wagon New '07 pearl white wrx wagon
Here is my tattoo done by dan wysup of orielly's in santa cruz and state of grace in san jose...........oh yeah i almost forgot its a complete cover up of a garage tat i got years ago!
Attached Thumbnails anybody know a good tattoo parlor?-2050706.jpg  

Last edited by scfasttimes; 05-07-2006 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by scfasttimes
Here is my tattoo done by dan wysup of orielly's in santa cruz and state of grace in san jose...........oh yeah i almost forgot its a complete cover up of a garage tat i got years ago!

Damn, that's intese. Good work, great detail.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
Al's Rock Of Ages
1923-A S. EL CAMINO REAL
SAN MATEO, CA, 94403-1321
415-573-1920

Ask for Baby Drew, tell him Erik refered you and he will give you a good price.... Its my younger brother, and he happens to be one hell of an artist.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:57 PM

Car Info: A couple wagons and one weird S2K Guy...
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Guru in San Jo.
+1 for Guru. Some of the best work I have ever seen, and the artists there are amongst the only I will work with. Dave the owner is a hell of a nice guy and amazing at what he does, and if you are looking for asain-flavor work, An does AMAZING stuff.

-Cameron @ DS1

Quick Reply: anybody know a good tattoo parlor?