anybody here into Pride FC, UFC, K1?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally posted by dahveed
nobody was better than Royce Gracie...
Except for Sakuraba...

And the oldest gracie, the one who was undefeated is a *****... he doesn't want to fight sakuraba, that ****ing puss... he knows Sakuraba would cream him like he did all this brothers and cousins.

-Gagan
Old 02-11-2004, 10:55 PM

Car Info: 2004 Silver WRX Wagon
Rolls Gracie was considered to be the best Gracie until he died in a hanglider accident. Rickson is currently the best out of the entire gracie family but he doesn't compete anymore. Renzo is pretty good he's Royce's cousin. Royler is probably the most technical for a 65 kg. Back in pride 8 or so, Sakuraba dismantled royler. Royler didn't want to stand against Sak and Sak didn't want to go to the ground with royler so Sak kicked the Sh*t out of royler's legs while he was on the ground. (Sak did the same thing to Vitor Belfort) Eventually the refs stopped the fight b/c Sak was about to break Royler's shoulder with a Kimura lock. But, in Royler's defense Sak had like 30-35 lbs on Royler for that fight. There is a great documentary on Rickson which follows his NHB fights in Japan back in 94 or 95. It's called "Choke".
Old 02-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Old School

Originally posted by jiveturkey
royce was good no doubt... but its the youngest gracie who is raw as hell.

i think his name is renzo or somethin like that.
Sakuraba > Gracies

You were saying?

-Gagan
Old 02-11-2004, 11:03 PM

Gagan- Its true Rickson is completly dodging Sak. I'm not sure Sak is in his prime anymore. He's gotten beat down twice by Silva, had his orbital bone broken, battled alcoholism etc. Rumors have been flying around the jiu jitsu message boards that Rickson will only fight for seven figures. I don't think we'll ever see Rickson fight again.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:04 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
I don't even care about this Sak guy.

When I was in H.S. and College, I would watch the UFC and see this little adam sandler looking guy in a gee beating up all these giant monsters...

Originally posted by joltdudeuc
Except for Sakuraba...

And the oldest gracie, the one who was undefeated is a *****... he doesn't want to fight sakuraba, that ****ing puss... he knows Sakuraba would cream him like he did all this brothers and cousins.

-Gagan
Old 02-11-2004, 11:05 PM

Gagan- I think you are missing a pic. Sak beat Ryan Gracie as well.
Old 02-11-2004, 11:05 PM

Oh, sorry, the last pic is Ryan
Old 02-11-2004, 11:19 PM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
I like this pic:

Old 02-12-2004, 04:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Igor Volvochanchyn (sp?) is pretty good too, especially considering that he's a fat Russian guy
I'd say the only worthy Gracie is Rickson, but then again he doesn't really fight anymore. I personally think Royce is pathetic. His trademark homo-hold and toe stomping are, well, crappy heh. Nobody expected such cheap-o fighting moves when Royce first came around, that's why he dominated the first season he did UFC. But what happened afterwards? He got his *** totally rocked when people figured out that he could be outstriked (keep him at a distance) and outgrappled with correct techniques. Though I don't like his techniques, I'll give him credit for taking on such big guys though...
I'd agree with the notion that Sakuraba's past his prime. I'd like to see a Japanese fighter "inherit" his spirit and skill.
On the other hand, Bob Sap is a joy to watch. He's like an overgrown little kid pummeling other kids in the schoolyard with his windmill punches and patented forehead defense

Last edited by Choku Dori; 02-12-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Heh, well jive, I'm still exploring. I tried going in a different direction and tried a kendo course, but it's too pricey and time consuming for me at the moment
I'm still looking for a good Vale Tudo and/or Muay Thai place though, and I'll sign up when things start getting a bit more relaxed with school and whatnot.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:39 PM

Choku, if you are in SF, the best place for Muay Thai is Fairtex. http://www.fairtex.com
I'm not really sure i'd call an armbar a cheapo fighting move though.
Old 02-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Old School

David, don't be so stuck on Royce Gracie... He's a great fighter, i'm just saying he got owned...

Yes, Sak is getting old, and he has no stand up tech, so Silva will alway kill him. (silva will kill damn near anyone...)

Maybe with my next pay check i will be able to pick up some Sak and Silva t-shirts... they are just so damn expensive!

-Gagan
Old 02-13-2004, 05:50 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
'tis sad to see all the pioneers of NHB getting old and being destroyed by young blood one by one.

I just remembered Chris Rock on boxing: "See black people fight good. Cubans even better. Cause the lower you go on the social ladder, the better you fight. And for every Cuban champion there's a native American just waiting to kick his ***"

lol one of the best fight quotes ever.

Quick Reply: anybody here into Pride FC, UFC, K1?