Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 10:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
so driving in reverse into a blind corner was a better idea?
Old 07-17-2005, 10:51 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Originally Posted by DLUX WRX
so driving in reverse into a blind corner was a better idea?
I just wanted to get out of the way of people making their U turns as fast as possible once I realized I blew my opportunity to make one myself a little further up.

and puhleeease, if you were up there not helping you should have been in your car leaving the scene instead of commenting on someone else's driving.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:52 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by resident smurf
There are always two sides to a story. I thought it was one of my friends since I hadn't seen a few of them since they had departed on a "drive," which we all know can be spirited and reckless.

My friend Sean Blurr was there w/ me at the LIC booth, but scanning the parking lot I didn't see 4 others. And I saw several people depart on a drive up the mountain 30 minutes before. Knowing that at least two of my friends went up with them, I was going to go up there anyway to make sure it wasn't any of them. I offered Kevin the EMT a ride but he rode w/ someone else.

As you know last year one of the forum members crashed his STI on the mountain a couple turns up from where Johnson rolled. I was in the car when he crashed and knew that part of hamilton is especially dangerous because of the long drop off cliffs. If it werent for the runoff there we would have rolled several times and probably gotten seriously injured. I take stuff like this seriously and once I heard that someone crashed, let alone rolled off the road, on the drive, I wanted to make sure that there was nothing I could do to help, and to make sure that it was not one of my friends in trouble.

And about the reverse--I was trying to get out of their way as fast as possible, and I didn't feel confident enough in my reversing abilities to make a U turn without hitting Gagan's car and another truck which were blocking the turnout. Once they moved their cars, I made my U turn and headed back to Grant park. So following the ranger's directions, I just moved my car away from the scene as fast as safely possible while letting others by and worried about making a U turn later.

That said, it was my right to go up the mountain, and I did what I felt was right in moving myself clear from the scene to the best of my judgement and abilities. I didn't do anything illegal or stop anyone from doing their job, so there was no harm done.

That is all.
Yepez, everyone knows its your right to do what you want.

We cannot stop you from driving on a public road, however by doing that you are endangering other drivers on that road. There are so many blind corners, you never know when someone is coming.

If everyone was going up to see if there friends were hurt, we'd have 200 people driving up the hill.

The best thing is to let a couple experienced people go up there and news will travel back to us within only a few minutes.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
Yepez, everyone knows its your right to do what you want.

We cannot stop you from driving on a public road, however by doing that you are endangering other drivers on that road. There are so many blind corners, you never know when someone is coming.

If everyone was going up to see if there friends were hurt, we'd have 200 people driving up the hill.

The best thing is to let a couple experienced people go up there and news will travel back to us within only a few minutes.
I don't feel that I was endangering others on the road. I wasn't in the hairpin, but I was reversing towards a corner. there were people already around that corner telling people to stop (2 cars and a bike stopped, actually) since there had been an accident.

Tell me you didn't do any driving that could have endangered the lives of others today.

And yes, in hindsight, I could have waited for news, but I wasn't aware of any other car b/c Gagan's going up there. I knew there was a call box and signal for cell phones at the observatory, and I could have run up there and made the call to 911 while Kevin and the others were down there with any possible injured.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:57 PM
I <3 White Girls

Tell me you didn't do any driving that could have endangered the lives of others today.
yea, I had to keep speeding up cuz someone was on my *** going down the hill even though I had 4 cars in front of me
Old 07-17-2005, 11:00 PM

yea, I had to keep speeding up cuz someone was on my *** going down the hill even though I had 4 cars in front of me
:rotfl:
Old 07-17-2005, 11:02 PM
I <3 White Girls

:rotfl:
yea, real funny.

Where did you expect me to go?

and what was the point of passing up soren on the freeway then flashing your hazards?
Old 07-17-2005, 11:03 PM

yea, real funny.

Where did you expect me to go?

and what was the point of passing up soren on the freeway then flashing your hazards?
what was the point of swerving at me like u were going to run me off the road when I was in the exit lane for Mission Blvd?

All in good fun??
Old 07-17-2005, 11:05 PM
I <3 White Girls

what was the point of swerving at me like u were going to run me off the road when I was in the exit lane for Mission Blvd?

All in good fun??
you had soren in front of you and me beside you.

When you are driving with a bunch of subarus why not just cruise together instead of trying to pass people up.

If you are gonna pass us, keep going, don't show off how fast your stock STi is, then slow down and flash your hazards

Old 07-17-2005, 11:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
Cause he is a Tool??
Old 07-17-2005, 11:07 PM

you had soren in front of you and me beside you.
yea cause I was exiting... I wasn't trying to pass you lol.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black 2003 WRX Sedan
and puhleeease, if you were up there not helping you should have been in your car leaving the scene instead of commenting on someone else's driving.
i was in one of the cars that went up to help, i didn't drive my own car to "see what happend". as far as commenting on "someone else's driving"... how many times did we have to yell at you about not driving backward into a blind turn. common sense dictates that if 4 people are yelling at you about not doing something, then you might want to STOP your car and think about what your doing for a second.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:08 PM
I <3 White Girls

Originally Posted by UK n00b
Cause he is a Tool??
possibly

I heard you yelling @ soren from the back seat "smoke him", but it was too late, he had already flashed the hazards
Old 07-17-2005, 11:09 PM
I <3 White Girls

yea cause I was exiting... I wasn't trying to pass you lol.
I didnt know people speed up when exiting when they have a car (let alone a fellow subaru) in front of them.