Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 07:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
^ Do you know how it happened?
Old 07-17-2005, 07:47 PM

Car Info: '06 RBP Impreza 2.5i
Originally Posted by blue blurr
Yes, red colard shirt. So anyone know who he was driving with?
Originally Posted by k1n0y
he decided to follow a group a pplz he just met today i believe.
Not me. I went back to work after the whole ordeal @ DnB's.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:50 PM

ill leave it up to the guys that saw it and the guy himself to tell you what happen i just heard it from other pplz. It was the guy in a red polo.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:10 PM

[QUOTE=kitsune713]Was he the one we went to Starbucks with? Regardless... I'm glad to hear he's OK.

Yeah, that was him.
I think the only people that saw it happen was him and a guy on a mountain bike. The guy on the bike was, like a lot of other people today, trying to call 911. There's no cell service up there, so I doubled back to the gate to get the rangers to call out the EMTs.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:21 PM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
was his name johnson?
Old 07-17-2005, 08:26 PM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
Yea I totally agree with Mcdrama on the entire bike thing. I know people have been riding their bikes on that road for a very long time now but it just isn't safe for them. The road is pretty narrow on some parts and its very hard to get around them even if you are going well below the speed limit. I've had some instances where i'm coming around a turn and a biker is in the middle of the lane and even if you are going the speed limit it's hard to avoid them. When I ride my bike I go on an actual trail not a narrow road.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by 1hotRN
I do have something to say about the drivers who pass the over into our lane...........Jerks! We are on motorcycles are you trying to kill us?

that went both ways. There were a couple of riders who when turning blindly, were right on the double solid yellow line, and almost clipped my wrx 2 times.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
that went both ways. There were a couple of riders who when turning blindly, were right on the double solid yellow line, and almost clipped my wrx 2 times.
Yeah a couple bicyclists coming the other direction got pretty close to my car too.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Bugeyed Autowagon
i had to fallow a couple bikes around corners just so i could see if passing was clear. as for the speeding comits. AWD or not, understeer can strike anywhere. roads that need new tarmac don't help.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:08 PM

Car Info: 05 STI
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Yeah a couple bicyclists coming the other direction got pretty close to my car too.

Fortunately it is so bright white, you blinded them and they fell into the ravine.

With regards to the driver, Very glad to here he is OK. THose twisties were very tight and the all the bicycles on the side required some careful driving. I'm pretty amazed that this was the only accident.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
I agree some of those motorcyclists were driving in the opposite lane and almost ran right into me when they were coming out of a turns.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:14 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
As a casual bicycle enthusiast, I have a problem with people who ride on the road. Especially where I live, we have miles of park with towpath and there's no reason to ride on the road. They just think they're the ****, but seriously, when I can keep up with them on the curvy/twisty bike path on my full suspension mountain bike while they're on a road bike . . . they need to get off the road.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
You guys forgot to mention the fact that seeing grown mature and typically older men ride around in tight *** spandex pants is pretty disturbing...
Old 07-17-2005, 09:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by Imprezer
You guys forgot to mention the fact that seeing grown mature and typically older men ride around in tight *** spandex pants is pretty disturbing...
Honestly, there was one woman riding up the hill when I was heading in that looked incredible. She made it all worth it.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:33 PM

Car Info: 05 dusty black wagon
Originally Posted by dan avoN7
Yea I totally agree with Mcdrama on the entire bike thing. I know people have been riding their bikes on that road for a very long time now but it just isn't safe for them. The road is pretty narrow on some parts and its very hard to get around them even if you are going well below the speed limit. I've had some instances where i'm coming around a turn and a biker is in the middle of the lane and even if you are going the speed limit it's hard to avoid them. When I ride my bike I go on an actual trail not a narrow road.
that's true, but it's kind of difficult to find a trail for road bike, you won't take road bike to mountain/terrain trail, right? guess this is just unavoidable risk.

and the spandex issue, there were some bicyclist chicks in spandex going uphill, quite distracting for driving such dangerous road

Quick Reply: Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?