Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
I'm glad he's ok.

Poor subie
Old 07-17-2005, 06:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Originally Posted by 1hotRN
Cool..........or on BARF
You got the same User name on barf? mines Blue Blurr also, dont post much though. spend most of my time on my bike forum 600rr.net
Old 07-17-2005, 06:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Originally Posted by 1hotRN
Thx for beating me to this thread. I was there. I got to him first. Your EMT friend was great to offer help but he was too late..........I got my hands on him first. As far as I could tell he was only bleeding from his right hand, his L-wrist was hurting and he had a bump on his head. I hope he went to the Emergency to get X-rays. Firemen where all HOT! Thx everyone for helping. I do have something to say about the drivers who pass the over into our lane...........Jerks! We are on motorcycles are you trying to kill us? Slow down..........you could kill someone who someday could save your life. He was very Very lucky he didn't die today.......letty 1hotRN www.curveunit.com
props to you for stoping and helping a fellow subie owner out

and as for the dude that crossed over into your lane all i can say is most of us are mindfull that you guys are out there along with cycleist and hope you image of subie owners isnt negative cause of a select few.

edgar,
Old 07-17-2005, 06:59 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by zumnwrx
props to you for stoping and helping a fellow subie owner out

and as for the dude that crossed over into your lane all i can say is most of us are mindfull that you guys are out there along with cycleist and hope you image of subie owners isnt negative cause of a select few.

edgar,
And gals
Old 07-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Admin v2.0

Car Info: 02 Black Legacy GT
I have heard that the kid is ok. Thanks to everyone who stopped and helped. However, to those of you who ran there to "watch", don't do it next time. We knew CHP and Ambulance were on the way. We already had few people there. Finally, Kevin aka "Hoppin EMT" went up there. There was no need for random people going up there. Especially going up there and driving like idiots. It does no good but creates more hazard and gets the authorities all pissed off.

In any event, with such a huge turn out at out meet, it is hard to avoid stuff like this. That is why all old timers always school the newbies about being careful on that road.

Drive safe you all...
Old 07-17-2005, 07:11 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by Imprezer
I have heard that the kid is ok. Thanks to everyone who stopped and helped. However, to those of you who ran there to "watch", don't do it next time. We knew CHP and Ambulance were on the way. We already had few people there. Finally, Kevin aka "Hoppin EMT" went up there. There was no need for random people going up there. Especially going up there and driving like idiots. It does no good but creates more hazard and gets the authorities all pissed off.

In any event, with such a huge turn out at out meet, it is hard to avoid stuff like this. That is why all old timers always school the newbies about being careful on that road.

Drive safe you all...
well put. +1
Old 07-17-2005, 07:14 PM
VIP Member

Altough it wasnt me, I think I have learned my lesson about going fast, not just fast but pushing it on the street. Theres to much to risk and if you feel like pushing your car you should take it to the track. That does not mean however that I will stop driving on the back roads all together because it is dangerous. * I am not saying this because i think the kid was pushing it and driving wrecklessly i have no idea how it happened.*
Old 07-17-2005, 07:20 PM

Car Info: Audi B6 S4
on a side note, when I was going back down to get gas, I asked a bicyclist coming up is this the way to exit and he said "yea, but tell your ******* Subaru friends to stay on the ****in road next time. they almost hit me twice".

everyone was probably driving like crazy going up and down the mountain.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:22 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by blue blurr
Altough it wasnt me, I think I have learned my lesson about going fast, not just fast but pushing it on the street. Theres to much to risk and if you feel like pushing your car you should take it to the track. That does not mean however that I will stop driving on the back roads all together because it is dangerous. * I am not saying this because i think the kid was pushing it and driving wrecklessly i have no idea how it happened.*
Yet you were in the car of one of the random people that drove to the top of the hill just to "watch" right?

Stuff like that only draws more attention and shouldn't be done.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

On the way to the place from what i saw it was too crouded for people to even go fast. And likewise on the way out, i was in a group of like 7 and no one was going that fast. Might have been during the meet? *shrug*
Old 07-17-2005, 07:24 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
Yet you were in the car of one of the random people that drove to the top of the hill just to "watch" right?

Stuff like that only draws more attention and shouldn't be done.
I was asked to come along by someone who was going up there, and i said sure only because i didnt think it was a big deal and because i didnt think there were many people already up there.

Quick Reply: Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?