Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:17 AM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by mrs.redrex
yea seriously.. what was the point of flashing us? Were you expecting to have some fun on a freeway full of cars.
must have been one of those "honda kid" moments :rotfl:
Old 07-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by maddhatteroo7
i think i was around for that...i was in the ridge pearl blue 01 RS going hella slow and i heard someone yell...and i couldnt understand what they said and thought they were yelling at me but i just kept truckin like i was driving ms daisy
They were yelling at you.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Black '02 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
i think i was around for that...i was in the ridge pearl blue 01 RS going hella slow and i heard someone yell...and i couldnt understand what they said and thought they were yelling at me but i just kept truckin like i was driving ms daisy
dude.. not to be messed up... but did you have Ms. Daisy in your car?

Old 07-18-2005, 08:49 AM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX 06 CGM FORESTER XT
Originally Posted by 1hotRN
What does TTIWWOP mean?
= This thread is worthless without pictures
Old 07-18-2005, 09:09 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: the blue bucket
That was me and what I said was..

Next time you see yourself being a rolling chicane please be conciderate to those behind you and move over, you know like the van and the SUV did for you/us even though we were moving slower than most modified cars can idle without stalling.

Just common courtesy is all.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
what happened to those 2 that were hella arguing. when we were helping out, i heard 2 ppl yelling at each other. did they work their differences out?

-Ave
Old 07-18-2005, 09:26 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by UK n00b
That was me and what I said was..

Next time you see yourself being a rolling chicane please be conciderate to those behind you and move over, you know like the van and the SUV did for you/us even though we were moving slower than most modified cars can idle without stalling.

Just common courtesy is all.
I felt like I was in first gear the whole time and I didnt even have to use my brakes
Old 07-18-2005, 09:28 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
good news 04. Glad all is well.

Did you go get your mellon checked out? Even something that seems minor can end up major. Your dome is not to be messed with. Sounds like your car was a victim of what most subaru's that get wrecked are......mid corner lift. **** happens. Learn from it. Be greatful to be alive and move on. We ALL screw up. Some wreck....some don't. Some live...some don't. Glad you're still with us.

1hotRN....soon as I heard a couple bikes stopped to help I told the guys I was standing with...watch..this will be on barf. Funny...anytime a car wrecks....specially a suby on highway 9 or hammy...someone from barf sees it.

On the crossing lines deal. I have gotten into this with quite a few Cage haters from barf and other places...and yes in person. It's a very one sided view you hear from most people...both sides. Least it seems that way to me. I'm honestly sick of hearing it. Myself...I do what I can to stay on my side.

On the way up hammy I was not going fast at all. I nearly ate a bicylclist for breakfast. He was flying.....in my lane...down the hill. They say the same stuff....cars suck...stay off the roads...drive slower....blah blah blah..then you see them going 45mph down the hill around turns crossing lines...I know...I used to do it. I used to ride nearly 250 miles a week.

Same with motorcycles. On more than one occassion I've had a bike in my lane...and on many occassion I've had a head in my lane. A lot of people on bikes talk a lot of crap about staying in their own lane yet they ride the yellow....and lean. Which puts them in my lane...the bike no...the rider yes. A couple of times I've had my mirror damn near taken off by a helmet of a rider in their lane while I was in mine....they leaned into my lane.

On top of that...I've seen more than a few bikes go buy me at 100..shoot 130 plus on the freeway. I had a guy last year splitting lanes of traffic that was going about 15mph...doing a wheelie with a not very well dressed female on the back of his bike. I could see both of her thongs....I had an idiot on fremont blvd. screwing around with his buddie pop a wheelie right next to me...loose it...luckily he peg was right next to my head so I knew what was going on...slammed on my brakes and his front wheel landed where my hood would have been. Shoot...I have a very good friend that is one of barf's vets and constant talk on parts of the board. he's a hell of a rider. He nearly got killed. And not 3 years ago I lost a friend doing over 100 in hollister.

In short.....we do what we do because we like it. We like the speed. We like the G's. There are people that do it with as much wisdom and respect as can be applied in such a situation and there are others than don't give a **** about others or frankly themselves. Idiots on all sides.

I just wish there'd be a little more love between a lot of these bikers and these cages. A lot of folks do both....or all 3 if you toss in bicycles. Most do at least 2 of the 3.

It is good to see there are folks like yourself that are willing to stop and help a person in need...regardless of vehicle. Much respect for that. Thanks very much for your help. The situation could have been much much worse. I think all involved handled themselves as well as can be expected.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:29 AM

Car Info: Suby/EVO
speaking of your "exiting" skills.... what's the deal with you riding our *** when we exited? were we not going fast enough for you with the 5 other cars in front of us?

that's not the first time he's on someone's A$$.... just like last time when we were on the drive... he's like a few inches off my car.... he needs to back the **** off...
Old 07-18-2005, 09:29 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
I felt like I was in first gear the whole time and I didnt even have to use my brakes

my brakes damn near caught on fire on the way down....stupid me. I didn't finish bedding them in before I headed up. They were smoking like a crazy. Had no brakes for couple miles. I was pissed at first cause I was barely using them....then tedd reminded me of what happens when you don't properly bed your brakes.....I think I'll finish doing it tonight.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:30 AM

yea seriously.. what was the point of flashing us? Were you expecting to have some fun on a freeway full of cars.
i'm sure soren's wrx will smoke that sti..... hahahahha
Old 07-18-2005, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX

how about that dumbass that thinks he's the best driver that's tailgating you the whole time ???

Quick Reply: Any word on the accident at the Hammy meet?