Any unlocked iphone users on T-Mobile? How is the service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by subie OCD
I'm out of contract with ATT and considering T-Mobile. They support unlocked iphones and will soon be an official iphone carrier with much cheaper rates than ATT.

The carrier will charge a base rate of $50 per month for unlimited talk, text and 3G data, plus 500MB of 4G data. Customers can add 2GB of 4G data for $10/month per line, or $20/month for unlimited 4G. Additional lines have a base rate of $30/month for the first, and $10/month for each additional.

T-Mobile USA to Carry iPhone Beginning April 12th, Using New 'Uncarrier' Payment Plan - Mac Rumors

With ATT I pay ~ $135 for 2 lines (4 and 4s) with my corporate discount. If I switch, I can save $50 a month with Tmobile. I was with Tmobile many years ago with a standard phone but no experience with a smart phone. How is the coverage? 3G speed? As long as its not utter crap it seems like a no brainer to switch.
You're not going to get 4G speeds first off. T-Mo's spectrum frequency will not match with the frequency of your ATT radio. You will get 3G or Edge speeds and that's it. Otherwise, when I had my iPhone on T-Mo it was pretty much the same as ATT minus the speed difference.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:59 PM

Car Info: 00RS
Originally Posted by rau
You're not going to get 4G speeds first off. T-Mo's spectrum frequency will not match with the frequency of your ATT radio. You will get 3G or Edge speeds and that's it. Otherwise, when I had my iPhone on T-Mo it was pretty much the same as ATT minus the speed difference.
Their actually refarming their towers to support it.. I get 4g in my city of watsonville and when im in the bay area i get 4g all around..

Sent from my iPhone using i-Club