ANY UCSC peeps here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 01:39 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

a faculty member here at work has a daughter who just finished her freshman year. i heard she's moving into an apartment with 3 other women...

i offered to help her move...
Old 05-12-2004, 02:50 PM

Car Info: 99 Legacy SUS
I am at UCSC right now, will be a senior next year, and usually go to the major meets around here that happen about 2 or 3 times a year.

Good places to go driving are around here, you just got to explore.

If you want some advice about the campus and whatnot, or need someone to chill with when you get here, drop me a note.
alex
Old 05-12-2004, 06:43 PM

Car Info: evo8
hey alex was that you i saw monday night? couldnt see thru your windows man also was kinda dark at 17.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:05 PM

Car Info: 99 Legacy SUS
yea that was me, i was trying to wave to you but i guess you couldn't see me........
Old 05-12-2004, 07:36 PM

Car Info: evo8
i kept on looking also but i was looking at the back after i passed you cause i saw a chp made a u-turn and didnt know if he followed behind us
Old 05-12-2004, 09:46 PM

Car Info: WRB '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Domino
So would any other UCSC kids be interested in the club ideas I have? Its just in the planning and scouting for support phase, but like I said before, it would be incredible to have an organization to do drives, car shows, races at Laguna Seca, and intercollegiate AutoX. The UC Davis AutoX Club has 50-60 active members. I think we could make it a big hit here too.
Can I join the old folks-alumni-rallyfreak chapter?

I was a Geology major (Porter '93) It's been a decade now, but I still fondly remember Uncle Charlie's Summer Camp.

Back then, the eastside campuses had more of a straight / frat-guy kind of vibe, and the westside campuses were were the hippies tended to congregate. I don't know if thats still true.

(Back in the day, Porter and Kresge were madhouse... There was a sculpture in the Porter quad that had a bunch of pipes carved into it. We used to go and smoke through the art. I had a friend called "Eyeball", who got kicked out of Porter because he distributed a hundred hits of clean, potant acid FREE to most of the dorm on "Porter Day". It was a hell of a day.)

Porter was fun, but it just SUCKED as a dorm. It has to be the worst building on that campus... it looks and feels like a prison.

Yo IBlueVirus...

I'm sory to hear that you are without-subie. If we manage to have another meet & drive, you are always welcome to sit in the navi's chair in the Bluburu.

Later, slugs,
Mike
Old 05-12-2004, 11:44 PM
duo

Car Info: WRB WRX 2004
wth, where are all of you at. The meets that me and evodadi put on were for basically us. I have the 04 wrx with a sti wing(and soon to have some mud flaps for rally x). I think you should go with college 8 as i know where youd be living(my friends are Ra's) also i think we have the nicest apartments. I live in one now. They are pritty big. Lots of fun roads. anywho feel free to hit me up would love to have another subie to role with. The more the marrier.
Joel
Old 05-12-2004, 11:53 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP saloon
can't wait to see all you knuckleheads there
Old 05-12-2004, 11:54 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP saloon
No one has mentioned the "plant life"?!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:05 AM

Yeah smoke weed dudes way cool.

Well I cant make the meet this weekend (take home midterm...anyone else in the physics program?), but I totally will next weekend. I also dont have a subie, so I hope I can ride with someone.

See you guys next friday?
-Dom
Old 05-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Mike,
Thanks for the invite. I still remember when you and Buru led the way on our first meet. That was fun!

Originally Posted by BluBuru
Yo IBlueVirus...

I'm sory to hear that you are without-subie. If we manage to have another meet & drive, you are always welcome to sit in the navi's chair in the Bluburu.

Later, slugs,
Mike
Old 05-13-2004, 09:49 AM

Car Info: WRB '02 WRX
Originally Posted by subawho?
No one has mentioned the "plant life"?!
Umm...

Originally Posted by bluburu
There was a sculpture in the Porter quad that had a bunch of pipes carved into it. We used to go and smoke through the art.
We wern't smoking salmon.

Mike
Old 05-13-2004, 04:21 PM

I finished UCSC in 2001 -- loved it there, from the ladies to the beautiful plant life... I am a Kresge kid, but never lived on campus but for transfers Kresge is the place. College 8 had nice appartments and Crown wasn't bad either.

Most importantly bars... (this is outdated by 3 years so keep that in mind) Tuesday night is Neighbor night @ Sea Bright Brewery and the bars next door $6 pitchers!!!
Red Room was our bar, late Friday/Sat nights. Blue Lagoon is a gay bar downtown, but on Thursday nights tons of girls will go there for 80's night (aweful music but I hooked up with more girls at that place than anywhere else). I believe Asti (the nasty) also downtown has good beer deals on Wed nights.
I also like the Catalyist, not so much for music, but they have a pool hall upstairs that is cool to hang out at when there is nothing else to do.

Have fun there...

Quick Reply: ANY UCSC peeps here?