Any Shops wanna do the Alarm install deal again??

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Suby & others
The model that I carry the Python 881XP which is exactly the same model as either the Viper 791X or Clifford 3.5rsx (all made by DEI). The cost of this Alarm including installation(w/remote start) will be $400. If some people prefer the other brands, there will be an additional cost of $20. Please ask for any additional accessories, ie. Window roll up (starting @ $50), battery back-up siren ($55), tilt sensor ($40), proximity sensor ($50), etc. Let me know if you guys are satisfied with this. I'll try my best to take care if I-Club members.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:54 PM

Car Info: N/A
Originally Posted by MachIII
The model that I carry the Python 881XP which is exactly the same model as either the Viper 791X or Clifford 3.5rsx (all made by DEI). The cost of this Alarm including installation(w/remote start) will be $400. If some people prefer the other brands, there will be an additional cost of $20. Please ask for any additional accessories, ie. Window roll up (starting @ $50), battery back-up siren ($55), tilt sensor ($40), proximity sensor ($50), etc. Let me know if you guys are satisfied with this. I'll try my best to take care if I-Club members.
Sounds good to me I'm down. What is your address?
Old 10-24-2005, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Mach III, 1507 Ocean Ave, SF, CA 94112. Please call to schedule appointment (415) 594-0030. Thank you. -Ray
Old 10-24-2005, 01:07 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
Can you work with cars that have a transponder key for remote start? (02 Dodge Ram)
as much as you may have thought I was joking, I wasn't
Old 10-24-2005, 01:19 PM
Former Sponsor

as much as you may have thought I was joking, I wasn't
Sorry, I missed that post. You simply need an immobilizer by-pass module (avg. cost is between $30-$50) if aplplicable. You don't have to worry about the e-brake/manual trans. by-pass, we'll take care of that.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:40 PM
I <3 White Girls

Sorry, I missed that post. You simply need an immobilizer by-pass module (avg. cost is between $30-$50) if aplplicable. You don't have to worry about the e-brake/manual trans. by-pass, we'll take care of that.

well the trucks an auto, I already have a remote start/alarm in the wrx.

Does the immobilizer by-pass module totally defeat the immobilizer or is it still active when remote start isn't in use?
Old 10-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Since the immobilizer is integrated to the ECU of your car, it can not be removed and your vehicle will always have it. The by-pass module simply gives your vehicle the same signal that the chip inside your key will, to allow the engine to start. Once again, the vehicle will always need this signal to start, so you will still retain that safety feature.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:45 PM

Car Info: 05 CGM/GOLD STI
Ray,

Great price! does that include removing of the subaru security?

I like to know what you do for the remote start safety. do you use the neutral safety wire?

Also the price for trunk release for those of us that have manual trunk release.

the window release is that for 50$ per window?

thanks

Last edited by CCPro; 10-24-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:04 PM
I <3 White Girls

Since the immobilizer is integrated to the ECU of your car, it can not be removed and your vehicle will always have it. The by-pass module simply gives your vehicle the same signal that the chip inside your key will, to allow the engine to start. Once again, the vehicle will always need this signal to start, so you will still retain that safety feature.
right, I realize what it does, however my question was when remote start is not in use (i.e. when they car is parked somewhere) If someone breaks into my car will the immobilizer still be active?

I guess what I am trying to ask is you don't just cut up a spare key and shove it in the steering column, do u?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by devilchrist
Ray,

Great price! does that include removing of the subaru security?

I like to know what you do for the remote start safety. do you use the neutral safety wire?

Also the price for trunk release for those of us that have manual trunk release.

the window release is that for 50$ per window?

thanks
We can enable the "neutral safety switch" if you are interested at no additional cost. Many of my customers opt out of that option because of the hassle of sequence wheever they have to start their car.

The $50 window module will control two windows to operate one direction.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Former Sponsor

right, I realize what it does, however my question was when remote start is not in use (i.e. when they car is parked somewhere) If someone breaks into my car will the immobilizer still be active?

I guess what I am trying to ask is you don't just cut up a spare key and shove it in the steering column, do u?
Haha. That would be hillarious to perminantly leave the key in the ignition. The chip in your key is not in the shaft, but in the base of the key, and I'm sure none of us want that to be exposed. You still use your key (with the chip inside, ofcourse) the same way you would use it now. The immobilizer module is implanted internally; consealed and not visible. The only way the car can actually operate (move from the stationary position) is to insert your key with the immobilizer chip.

Keep in mind that these parts are made by an automobile alarm company, so the security of your car is their #1 objective. In order to stay in business, that is my # objective also.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if what I'm typing is not clear.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:53 PM
I <3 White Girls

Haha. That would be hillarious to perminantly leave the key in the ignition. The chip in your key is not in the shaft, but in the base of the key, and I'm sure none of us want that to be exposed. You still use your key (with the chip inside, ofcourse) the same way you would use it now. The immobilizer module is implanted internally; consealed and not visible. The only way the car can actually operate (move from the stationary position) is to insert your key with the immobilizer chip.

Keep in mind that these parts are made by an automobile alarm company, so the security of your car is their #1 objective. In order to stay in business, that is my # objective also.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if what I'm typing is not clear.
yea, i've just heard of companies cutting the key up and leaving the head of the key in the steering column (unexposed, but still there) so it reads.

just to make it clear...If I go to ace hardware and get a key cut which allows me to turn the ignition over the car will not start still since it doesn't have an immobilizer, right?

I just wanna be sure the immobilizer unit you guys install isn't always on, allowing regular keys to work with the car.

sorry for all the questions.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:04 PM
Former Sponsor

You are correct. Your immobilizer WILL NOT be deactivated. A cut key from any hardware store or key's r us will not start your car that is equipt with an immobilizer.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:07 PM
I <3 White Girls

You are correct. Your immobilizer WILL NOT be deactivated. A cut key from any hardware store or key's r us will not start your car that is equipt with an immobilizer.
sent you a PM
Old 10-24-2005, 05:47 PM
I <3 White Girls

appointment scheduled

Thanks for all the prompt responses to PM's and posts

Quick Reply: Any Shops wanna do the Alarm install deal again??