any one meet in the 925 area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 05:43 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon
any one meet in the 925 area?

let me know! i sometimes meet with a bunch of guys on friday nights at in n out when im home from school. mostly mustangs and a like 3 wrxs.... i know weird lol.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
there was the CoCo meet, kohl's(pleasant hill) on friday nights, seemed to have died out...someone needs to step up and bring it back! (dont look at me o.O)

then there's the little sunday golf range meet, lol
Old 04-13-2009, 05:55 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX, 2014 BRZ
pleasanton here
Old 04-13-2009, 06:24 PM

Car Info: 03 Evo 8
bondary oak golf course in walnut creek. I work the range on Sunday night so if anyones down to meet hit ***** talk subies whatever.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:26 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I've been thinking about this for a while. In San Ramon there seems to be 2 decent spots where we could probably do a regular meet and probably wouldn't have very much hassle.

1) Central Park - Corner of Bollinger Canyon Rd & Alcosta Blvd

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

There are several parking lots right in that area of the park because the park is so large.

A) On Bollinger Canyon Rd. side - turn in to the parking lot by the basketball courts and turn right and it opens up in to more parking spots and a larger parking lot.

B) On Alcosta Blvd side - Turn in to the parking lot by the Community Center & Tennis Courts. Park over by the Tennis courts.

C) On Alcosta Blvd side past the Fire Station park in this lot. This is the lot by the soccer field (with the track that runs around the outside of the field) and is also next to all the back basketball courts that belong to the school. There usually seems like there is a lot of parking in this area.

&

2) The Target parking lot - Also off of Bollinger Canyon Rd.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...i=lmd&z=14&t=m

Whenever I am over at Target directly in front of the store the parking lot is pretty filled up, BUT if you go further in to the parking lot, past the Target entrance towards the side of the lot that runs next to the freeway there seems like there is always a ton of open spaces over there as well since that is away from the Entrance to Target and away from all the little shops.

Both of these locations are right down the street from each other, but they offer fairly easy access right off the freeway and seem to be large enough spots that we could fit quite a few people without really bothering others.

I know In-n-Out in Pleasanton gets a meet once in a while, but it seems like other car clubs like to hang out there and that also seems to attract the cops as well. These other spots I don't think would attract as much attention.

What do people think?
Old 04-13-2009, 07:34 PM

nope want to stay in PH or WC, cops are just to irritating and lame in san ramon. Sorry! but id be down to start meeting sometimes, just not there
Old 04-13-2009, 07:37 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
nope want to stay in PH or WC, cops are just to irritating and lame in san ramon. Sorry! but id be down to start meeting sometimes, just not there

I disagree, maybe because I know all of the cops personally and are cool with them.

I would suggest not doing the Central park parking lot, cops chill there too often.

Target might work, or we can even get a meet over at Starbucks over on Crow Canyon (Either one, I worked at both, and we have a suby owner over at the one by Max's diner) or we can do the starbucks at Marketplace which is a good area.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Starbucks at Market Place would work as well. Directly around Starbucks can get filled up a bit, the corner portion of the lot (in front of Longs) seems to have quite a few open spots if more parking would be necessary.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:01 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Starbucks at Market Place would work as well. Directly around Starbucks can get filled up a bit, the corner portion of the lot (in front of Longs) seems to have quite a few open spots if more parking would be necessary.
I agree, I always see that area empty. Plus there's not too many cops around there.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:02 PM

Car Info: 02 bugeye with tune by Ed
What night were you guys planning on having meets? I go to school in Davis but come home about once a month because I have auto x, so if its a friday or a saturday I might be able to come, but very very infrequently
Old 04-13-2009, 10:03 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX MBP, 2008 LGT spec. B
Originally Posted by nkghost
I agree, I always see that area empty. Plus there's not too many cops around there.
i'm down for that spot, i know one the people who works at that longs too...he drives his sisters 02 wrx wagon
Old 04-13-2009, 10:07 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
hey you are the guy i met last weekend at the in and out in brentwood with all the stupid *** mustang people causing police disruption...

nice to meet you.

btw, I-club> nasioc. Nasioc is teh ghey lol
Old 04-13-2009, 10:46 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon
Originally Posted by wrxisthebest
hey you are the guy i met last weekend at the in and out in brentwood with all the stupid *** mustang people causing police disruption...

nice to meet you.

btw, I-club> nasioc. Nasioc is teh ghey lol

lol yeah
Old 04-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
revive kohl's!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Hmmm....Kohl's in Pleasanton would work as well. Let's see what day would work for everyone as since I live in the area I'd be down to meet up pretty much any day of the week during the evening time or we can meet up maybe on Saturday mornings.

Since Tuesday nights are when the UCKK meet happens and Wednesday nights are the Zen Cafe meet in Fremont I would think we probably wouldn't want to pick either of those nights.

POSSIBLE TIMES:
Basically I'd be available - Monday evening, Thursday evening, Friday evening or Saturday Mornings.

POSSIBLE LOCATIONS:
1) San Ramon Target Parking Lot
2) Starbucks / Longs Parking Lot in the Marketplace
3) Kohl's in Pleasanton

If anyone has any other suggestions let's hear them as I'm definitely open, but right now I think we have a good list of possible locations and hopefully times as well.

Quick Reply: any one meet in the 925 area?