Any mtb'ers come on in...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 11:19 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5 RS (really slow)
Originally Posted by MVWRX
If you're good at tuning bikes, and you really know enough to tune a DH rig with a 5th element like you say, why are you still working at Sportmart. No offense or anything...but I'm sure you'd get paid more at a bike shop too. Not to mention the fact that you'd get to work on good bikes instead of the disposable crap they sell at Sportmart.
What we sell...and what we tune are two different things my friend

People that dont buy bikes from us, bring there bikes in to have them tuned.

And i see alot of ****** up bikes, so you learn very fast how to fix alot of ****

Im also a avid rider, and how the **** do you know what i make at my job

Last edited by ish; 04-25-2005 at 11:59 PM. Reason: don't dodge the swear filter
Old 04-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by 1WRXNFX
What we sell...and what we tune are two different things my friend

People that dont buy bikes from us, bring there bikes in to have them tuned.

And i see alot of ****** up bikes, so you learn very fast how to fix alot of ****

Im also a avid rider, and how the **** do you know what i make at my job
take it easy. he wasnt trying to offend you. but he's right. i had your job at sportmart man, and i know there are better, and way cooler, places to work if you know alot about bikes. thats all. you sould aim higher, since it looks like you have marketable skills, thats all we're saying.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:45 PM

And you are Yin?

Just curious if i know you because i have been with the company for a bit?

And i dont do tech full time, they dont pay me enough to do it full time anymore, i already figured that out awhile ago (my skills are worth more to me then there wages )

Last edited by 1WRXNFX; 04-26-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
that would be a trip if you knew me. i dont remember much from when i worked there. which was from 96-97 at the mccarthy ranch location. i worked under a guy named dave who didnt like kahki's lol (that was his main gripe, so he always wore jean shorts), i dont really remember the other mgr's but i do remember some people on the floor, like this guy Lester who went to UCSC, jon who went to milpitas high school at the time, Kaye a cute girl, matt in footware who got me the job... yeah i think thats it.

but dude please do not take what we say as being criticizing. i dont want to talk about what im doing now cuz thats not why im posting, but to answer your question, yes.

its obvious you know what you are doing, and are good at it. just trying to help an i-club brother out from personal experience, thats all.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:44 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Hey Yin, you think I could bring my bike over sometime and get a tune up? I live pretty close by in Union City.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:35 PM

David Machado? SMT (Senior Market Technician?)

Not sure, you worked there when i was barely graduating highschool so...probably not.

Macarthy Ranch is a ****ed up store, has been always will be (due to its right next to mall of the bay that has a store in it too). That store looked like a thrift store from what i remember before its remodel. Ive been there plenty of times to Repair stuff, along with help service there old *** wintersteiger ski/stone grinding machine.

I also coach Ice hockey which pays much better, i do private lessons, and i also coach club hockey for Santa Clara.