1WRXNFX - pm sent

-p
Old 04-23-2005, 10:16 PM

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
Bmx > Mtb :d
Old 04-24-2005, 10:02 AM
Yin

Car Info: 2016 FXT
yeah mtb'er here! i got a superlight also. seems like bay area standard issue. but its setup for slalom :P. lets get a ride goin. i can also tune anyones bikes. not looking for any pay or nothin ... just pizza/beer haha.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:05 PM

Car Info: '01 Forester S
Lightbulb

Would love to join you guys one of these days. Running an old school "17 Rockhopper. Haven't mountained in 3 years. Bike and rider almost in the same state of out-of-shape.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:08 PM

Car Info: MY00RS25
Just had an awesome day at a Trek/Fischer demo day up here. It was fun to run someone else's bike through the mud.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:06 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX Limited
I don't like bikes :insert sarcastic smiley here:
Old 04-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Yin

Originally Posted by Acadian
I don't like bikes :insert sarcastic smiley here:
dont lie, i saw you at sand hill f00
Old 04-25-2005, 09:00 AM

Car Info: 2010 SWP WRX
Well that shock is a b1tch to set up and the type of bike/riding you do is important if your a serious rider. But just to get in the ball park preload the spring so you have ablout 2 to 3 inches of sag( you measure this by taking a tape measure from the ground to the seat and while off the bike and writing that distance down , then get on the bike and have someone else measure the same distance, that will be your sag) you will need to put about 100 psi. in the air chamber and turn the volume *** in 3 turns, set the compression **** at the half way point on each and set the rebound up so it returns fast but with out trying to throw you off. Hope that helps, of course this is only if you half the same shock i have.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:08 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I am way out of shape and rusty. Series of winter injuries have killed my summers and now that I have the knee surgery I'm still healing from...no climbing for me.

But maybe a lift session at N* would work out for me. I need to tune my ride too. boooo.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:12 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by crashnscar
I'm down for a BAIC mountain bike trip.
Any of you downhillers and freeriders check out http://msdhw.com/
It's the "Bay Area Downhill Freeride" forum. XC guys won't have much interest probably.

I have an 05 Specialized SX with a custom build. Just sold my 04 Turner DHR about a month ago. Let me know when and where you guys ride except I'm not into XC

I've been a member there for over a year. Had nothing but problems with that site. Right now if I go visit it, it show there are NO threads on the entire site. And the stupid admin doesn't have an email for questions or problems link on the front page.

I prefer Ridemonkey and pinkbike.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:10 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Originally Posted by 1WRXNFX
I live here in San Jose, I work at Sportmart as a Technician (Bikes during the summer and Ski/Snowboard Tunes and repairs for Winter). Bring it by if you are in the area. If not, i have a portable stand, and tools. We could always meet, shoot the **** about cars while i tune.

If you're good at tuning bikes, and you really know enough to tune a DH rig with a 5th element like you say, why are you still working at Sportmart. No offense or anything...but I'm sure you'd get paid more at a bike shop too. Not to mention the fact that you'd get to work on good bikes instead of the disposable crap they sell at Sportmart.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:29 PM
Yin

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I've been a member there for over a year. Had nothing but problems with that site. Right now if I go visit it, it show there are NO threads on the entire site. And the stupid admin doesn't have an email for questions or problems link on the front page.

I prefer Ridemonkey and pinkbike.
LOL im friends with the guy who started msdhw, i'll let him know whats up.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Yin

Originally Posted by MVWRX
If you're good at tuning bikes, and you really know enough to tune a DH rig with a 5th element like you say, why are you still working at Sportmart. No offense or anything...but I'm sure you'd get paid more at a bike shop too. Not to mention the fact that you'd get to work on good bikes instead of the disposable crap they sell at Sportmart.
bring your dh rig to me. i'll tune it at my house. been working on dh, slalom, xc, road bikes for years. did time (thats what i call it) at performance and ucsd bike shop as their team wrench for about 5 years.

and youre right about sportmart, i had his exact job when i was in high school, at the McCarthy ranch location. though its not THAT bad, but at a true shop you get more exposure to real bikes and not sunday sidewalk cruisers.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:27 PM
General Pimpin'

shoot you can tune mine too when the time comes. I'm lazy and without some of the needed tools right now.

I'm hoping to have a couple new set ups this summer. My buddy builds some insanely nice frames out in New York.

as for msdhw. Yeah tell him to put an admin/info email in a visible spot on the front page incase I'm not the only person having issues. Seriously every time I've tried to get onto the forums there I have issues. I stopped trying like 6 months or maybe a year ago. But I went back when you brought them up..same crap. Errrrr. Sucks because I'd like to get to know more people that ride in the bay area so I can get back into it. I used to race but over the years just stopped riding and now I'm fat and rusty. I'm on pinkbike a few minutes every day.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:44 PM

Car Info: 03 Cummins, 99 miata, 91 v8 miata, 90 spec miata
Grande's Raffle

I'm posting this in here because people most likely wouldn't want to help unless they are a biker.

On July 4th, 2004, Alex "Grande" Ghenis fractured his neck in three places after landing a bicycle jump inproperly.

He was rushed to the Santa Clara Valley Hospital ER, and was later admitted into the ICU for the night.

Originally Grande could not feel anything below his neck. Over the next couple of months he regained some feeling in his arms, hands, neck, and head. He can also move his shoulders and extend his arms but can not move his fingers well. Alex is able to drive (he has a specialized van that enables him to get around.)

Alex is an incredible person and has kept his spirits up through this unfortunate event. Please help us support him by participating in the raffle.

Please buy as many tickets as you can to support a fallen rider... You do NOT have to be present at the raffle to win so even if you are not local, purchase tickets.

www.thegranderaffle.com

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Any mtb'ers come on in...