Any got any road bike parts they need to get rid of?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 12:06 AM

Car Info: n/a
If anyone has a frameset they're trying to get rid of, hit me up.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:03 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
BUMP also I am nearly done with my conversion. Just got to get my brake levers on, and cable it up. I am going to play with gear ratios of course but still hoping to pick up that PAUL components 46T "Royal Flush" crank and then a couple rear chainrings to see what I want to end up with. Just got a simple BMX 16t rear for now on my flip-flop.

Also as far as wheels, I picked up a pretty nice Alex R450 wheel, laced with the flipflop hub reardy to go for about $89 to my door off eBay. This will get me by till I figure out what I am doing as I unlaced my rear Mavic wheel to get the 8spd hub out. I may pick up a PAUL hi-flange flip-flop hub and have the wheel laced back up, which will also free up this R45o w/ the hub. It's a great rim but the braking surface is black where the front is bare (aluminum). We'll see what the brakes do to it.

Also have a spare Cane Creek SCR-3 front brake caliper, brand new, only been mounted long enough to discover I needed the SCR-3L with longer reach arms for some reason with this Salsa fork I am running... Picked up some Shimano brake pads for use with these - which are a must. The calipers are very nice and small, to make them cheaper the pads are essentially worthless. Will post pics in a few days, can't wait to ride!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:14 AM
VIP Member

I was just doing a search to try to find some seriously small brake levers, and one person who replied to a thread I was looking at was OwlBoogie. What's up!

Probably going with PAUL Components "E-Levers" on mine.

E-Lever
Old 10-27-2009, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I was just doing a search to try to find some seriously small brake levers, and one person who replied to a thread I was looking at was OwlBoogie. What's up!

Probably going with PAUL Components "E-Levers" on mine.

E-Lever
I was looking at these, too, but can't justify buying another bike to put them on.

http://www.thebikebiz.com/Dia_Compe_...-lvr-dia01.htm
Old 10-27-2009, 09:28 AM

Car Info: Reason
Nice. I used to work for The Bike Biz until I finished school last December. I compiled the parts and built the Torelli in the picture above, including the wheels, etc.

100% classy bike - surprised it's not sold yet.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:39 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by buzzword
Nice. I used to work for The Bike Biz until I finished school last December. I compiled the parts and built the Torelli in the picture above, including the wheels, etc.

100% classy bike - surprised it's not sold yet.
I love that shop, man. Such a great little treasure with tons of cool stuff. I recommend it to everyone. Great job on that bike. It's been a while since I stopped by there, but I remember that bike.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:35 AM
VIP Member

Just got my PAUL levers... They are on the bike. Going to cut cables/sleeves and see if I can "mount" them nowish. I need to swing over and grab some grips, set the contact angle on my new brake pads and WOOOOOOO test ride!!!

These PAUL levers are freaking dreamy, so gorgeous. I may have... tasted one. It was delicious.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Just got my PAUL levers... They are on the bike. Going to cut cables/sleeves and see if I can "mount" them nowish. I need to swing over and grab some grips, set the contact angle on my new brake pads and WOOOOOOO test ride!!!

These PAUL levers are freaking dreamy, so gorgeous. I may have... tasted one. It was delicious.
Make sure you oil the pivots on those Paul's and lube the cables. Even though it is a short run (front only?), there are no return springs on the levers and they drag a bit. At least mine did.

God, I love Paul's

Last edited by ryball; 10-30-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:59 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ryball
Make sure you oil the pivots on those Paul's and lube the cables. Even though it is a short run (front only?), there are no return springs on the levers and they drag a bit. At least mine did.

God, I love Paul's
That is good advice. A friend has a Matt Chester UTILITiMAN (*swoon*) and it is outfitted with all PAUL brakes and Phil hubs. Titanium crank. The PAUL handles show wear from exactly the issue you speak of. I cleaned them up and used some TriFlow and they seem to be a lot better. I am going to use the TriFlow again with my setup, since it's teflon based and smells like bananas. MMmmmmm bananas.