Any CPA, Audit or Accounting Professionals Here??? (My Firm is Hiring 150+ People!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:55 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Exclamation Any CPA, Audit or Accounting Professionals Here??? (My Firm is Hiring 150+ People!!!)

Background: I am work for a national CPA/professional services firm, which is looking to expand its ranks throughout its 18 US offices. Therefore, I wanted to check if there are any qualified individuals here (or if you know of any) interested in a career change or just a more interesting better paying job.

Type of Work: Everything is project based, so responcibilities and opportunities will constantly vary. We have everything from regular general ledger and audit to M&A and due dillingence. We also have contracts with PwC, E&Y and KMPG.

Opportunity: Currently we are looking for people with 3 to 6 years of professional experience in audit and/or accounting. Candidates need to have appropriate credit hours to be eligible for CPA certification. Having Big 4 audit experience and a CPA is a huge plus. This would not be a good current fit if you are a college student or recent graduate looking to get into the field.

We have San Francisco, San Jose, and Los Angeles offices, but this can also be a good opportunity to relocate to any of the other locations.

I will provide resume writing and/or proofreading for good candidates prior to their submission. I will also prepare candidates for the phone screening and in person interview. I will personally submit all candidacies my HR director, so they receive higher attention than a cold call submission through a website or a head hunter.

If you refer to me a qualified individual and they get hired, you will get a monetary finder’s fee.

Contact: Email me at LxJLthr@gmail.com for any questions or submissions. This is a really good opportunity in a still questionable economy. Therefore, I want to pass this along and try to help out my fellow enthusiasts as much as I can.

P.S. I am a full time employee of the firm deployed at a client and NOT an HR person mass spamming sites. I am doing this on my own spare time in hope of helping people. If anyone has something negative to say or wants to make bean counter jokes, this is not a good time or place.

P.S.S. Mods, if I infringed on any rule(s) with this post please let me know and correct it.

Last edited by LxJLthr; 04-02-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Thanks. My brother is an accountant and is looking for work at the moment. I will pass the info along to him.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:18 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
+100!! had you posted this...oh....a year ago, i would have applied! GL with find!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:25 PM

Car Info: 2020 STI
will pass it along...sounds good for a lot of other people in that field
Old 07-11-2013, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Super_Subie13
with that many locations, its a good find! not many firms have that many locations that vastly spread out. im currently at my uncles firm, one location. ive been trying to move out for the past year, but with being anchored to one spot, its super hard. with 13+ locations, man im jelly! LOL
Old 07-11-2013, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 04GG
Thanks. My brother is an accountant and is looking for work at the moment. I will pass the info along to him.

Originally Posted by 02RS25
+100!! had you posted this...oh....a year ago, i would have applied! GL with find!
Haha what's preventing you right now? It doesn't hurt to apply and check out the opportunity. You never you...

Originally Posted by Super_Subie13
Yeah, we are trying to fill a few large projects, so it can be very lucrative for a person with good experience and travel flexibility.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:34 PM

I should note that this being a consulting firm, so some professional and personal lifestyle flexibility will be required. Everything depends on the client you are deployed at, but typically people average 48-50/week. People are expecyed t travel. Obviously you get compensated according to your efforts and contribitions.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr

Haha what's preventing you right now? It doesn't hurt to apply and check out the opportunity. You never you...

TBH, experience. I was out of a job a year ago and my uncle was knee deep in data entry. i came on doing that, and within the year, made my way up to Sales Tax head (entering, calculating, filing, processing 401 returns) Ive come up learning everything (BK,PR,ST, financial statements, JE's, entering 1040 return data)

many people say: "wow thats a really tough job" and i say "no job is tough if you dont wake up hating it"

I definitely like what i do, but its the clients that make the job "hard". To me, accounting is like being a mechanic. Its all about seeing how things work (which accounts are affected and how, etc), detective work (why the FKCU is my payables X amount over?!), seeing how all acounts are related and how they show up on bank statements.

ANWAYS....i guess you could say whats stopping me is experience. but dont think im not all in it to win it!

Old 07-11-2013, 01:50 PM

TBH, experience. I was out of a job a year ago and my uncle was knee deep in data entry. i came on doing that, and within the year, made my way up to Sales Tax head (entering, calculating, filing, processing 401 returns) Ive come up learning everything (BK,PR,ST, financial statements, JE's, entering 1040 return data)

many people say: "wow thats a really tough job" and i say "no job is tough if you dont wake up hating it"

I definitely like what i do, but its the clients that make the job "hard". To me, accounting is like being a mechanic. Its all about seeing how things work (which accounts are affected and how, etc), detective work (why the FKCU is my payables X amount over?!), seeing how all acounts are related and how they show up on bank statements.

ANWAYS....i guess you could say whats stopping me is experience. but dont think im not all in it to win it!

Right now, dude! Don't ever loose that perspective. Always try to see and apply your skills to a bigger picture, not just a single task in hand. Let me know if things ever change.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by LxJLthr
Right now, dude! Don't ever loose that perspective. Always try to see and apply your skills to a bigger picture, not just a single task in hand. Let me know if things ever change.
You know what? you make a damn good point. always room for improvement! my life is a little discombobulated at the moment, but i will deff keep you in mind!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Loves the Anime

Car Info: STWODUCES
boooooo gawd darn it.. should have done accounting.

<--degree in finance w/ 2 years of audit's and investigation.

this a good opportunity for anyone looking for a career in accounting
Old 07-11-2013, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by mistaanime

with auditing and investigation being so close to accounting, i dont see why not. and vice versa. accountants that go further to auditing. its an endless opportunity career!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by mistaanime

with auditing and investigation being so close to accounting, i dont see why not. and vice versa. accountants that go further to auditing. its an endless opportunity career!
What 02RS25 said, it is too close to call, there is a lot of overlap. Sounds like you have a solid background. Experience and skillset can trump paper credentials. I have a double major in Accounting and Finance, so I know the benefits of the latter.

I also just corrected my first post...we care more about appropriate credit hours to sit for the CPA than the actual degree. You can have the former without the latter (AFAIK). Just force of habit at this point to word it as "accounting degree".

You're welcome to send me your resume. As I said, it does not hurt to try. You never know...

Last edited by LxJLthr; 07-11-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:30 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Rule broken!!!

Post Script
after that you have to use
Post Post Script.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
Rule broken!!!

Post Script
after that you have to use
Post Post Script.

Quick Reply: Any CPA, Audit or Accounting Professionals Here??? (My Firm is Hiring 150+ People!!!)