Any car rental places that aren't stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2003, 12:55 AM

Car Info: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Any car rental places that aren't stupid?

I need to take my car in for body repair so I was pricing rental cars and suddenly remembered that they like to really screw you over if you aren't 25. Enterprise seems to be the only rental agency that will even rent to you at all if you are under 25, and even then they tack on $15 a day extra for being underage. My insurance company only covers up to $25 per day for a car rental. The cheapest I can seem to get a car for one week is $300 including that stupid underage fee. Is there any way around this or any way to have my insurance company pay for the difference as well? The accident was the other guy's fault, should I contact his insurance company and have them pay for my rental car in full?
Old 12-28-2003, 01:57 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
Re: Any car rental places that aren't stupid?

Originally posted by Kuonji
I should contact his insurance company and have them pay for my rental car in full.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:17 AM

Contact your insurance company. I got into an accident and it wasn't my fault. I had an SUV at the time and the rental would have been a compact ($25/day or something like that). I called my insurance company and told them that I had a dog and required a bigger car. At first they were hesitant, but I told them that why should I be pay for what I need or drive what is insufficient whent it's NOT my fault. They said OK, just pay for it first and they will reimburse me and get it from the other guys insurance co. Make sure you get it either in writing or confirmed with a manager.

I don't see your case as being any different.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:23 AM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
Originally posted by Kuonji
The accident was the other guy's fault, should I contact his insurance company and have them pay for my rental car in full?
the other guys insurance should cover your entire rental car, despite your age. same thing happened to me and i made sure they covered it and they did, oh and make sure you get as close as possible to a comparable car
Old 12-28-2003, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
Originally posted by wrx ish
the other guys insurance should cover your entire rental car, despite your age. same thing happened to me and i made sure they covered it and they did, oh and make sure you get as close as possible to a comparable car
Heh. Wonder what their closest STi comparable car is...