Any Body got a lens I can borrow? (Zoom)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Car Info: Frankenstein 02' PBP STi :P (RIP) 2016 WRX
rent from borrowlenes.com thats your best bet.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by flat489
I mean i think the difference here, opposed to people jacking dp's(which has happened to me too kspek) is that the OP is trying to put w.e he can up as collateral to make up for the fact that he is strapped for cash. I mean if I had the lens under that condition yea I would def let him borrow it
For me the problem here is the OP will be covering an event at his cost for Stance Nation. I would actually be more willing to lend the OP equipment had this been a paying job. Sorry Brendan.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:10 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
For me the problem here is the OP will be covering an event at his cost for Stance Nation. I would actually be more willing to lend the OP equipment had this been a paying job. Sorry Brendan.
But the cool thing about it. Is he's getting his foot in the door.

You gotta start some place.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by queeg9k
Someone stole your downpipe after you where kind enough to lend it to them? That's pretty low.
I always ask for cash upfront and return it upon getting my downpipe back...last guy ended up keepin the dp so I kept the $100 he gave me to cover what I bought it for...

Someone else has my catback thought and I don't think ill be gettin that back, he smogged his subie and then sold it so he's not on here anymore...got $100 for that too though
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 PM
banned

^ Dude that sucks. I have been lucky I guess so far. Everything I have loaned out has found its way home.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by old.guy
But the cool thing about it. Is he's getting his foot in the door.

You gotta start some place.
I agree, you gotta start some where but you don't start with free plus your own expense. The next time Stance Nation needs someone to cover an event they will expect the photographer to be free.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:09 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
I disagree, If I was having a photographer cover an event for my website I wouldn't be willing to pay them to do so without having a portfolio where I can see a sample of the photographer's work to make sure he/she is up to par with what i would be paying. In my case I have a portfolio of regular car shoots but no panning shots at events like Formula D.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:14 PM

Car Info: Reason
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
I disagree, If I was having a photographer cover an event for my website I wouldn't be willing to pay them to do so without having a portfolio where I can see a sample of the photographer's work to make sure he/she is up to par with what i would be paying. In my case I have a portfolio of regular car shoots but no panning shots at events like Formula D.

Soooo... Did you rent a teleconverter?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
Then do you shoot for Stance Nation with regular car shots regularly? If so, do they pay your expenses? If you don't shoot for them regularly, why did they chose you to cover this event since you are unable to prove to them you are on par with covering an event like this?
Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 PM
banned

Then do you shoot for Stance Nation with regular car shots regularly? If so, do they pay your expenses? If you don't shoot for them regularly, why did they chose you to cover this event since you are unable to prove to them you are on par with covering an event like this?
Your really starting to sound butt hurt. He got the gig now he is trying to do something with it.

Give it a rest.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:40 AM

Your really starting to sound butt hurt. He got the gig now he is trying to do something with it.

Give it a rest.
Butt hurt? Naw, I've shot enough Formula Drift events with credentials. Butt hurt that I couldn't shoot for Stance Nation? I wouldn't even know how to answer that.

In the photography business, there's a no no to doing gigs for FREE. It makes photography look cheap and ruins it for the next photographer. If you're new and need to build a portfolio, you can say, "I'm new and I'm using this as an experience. I would like you to at least cover my gas to the event." I know photographers that are flown in and paid to shoot this specific event. I would hate it one day when the people they are shooting for tells them, "Brendan is willing to pay for his own gas to get to this event. Plus he does not want any money from us, so sorry, we're not going to pay you."
Old 04-07-2012, 01:04 AM

Car Info: 06 STI

Give it a rest.
Obviously you have never seen his pics........o_0
Old 04-07-2012, 01:38 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP

Give it a rest.
Okay Mr photographer Mike i<3subie
Old 04-07-2012, 09:31 AM
banned

Butt hurt? Naw, I've shot enough Formula Drift events with credentials. Butt hurt that I couldn't shoot for Stance Nation? I wouldn't even know how to answer that.

In the photography business, there's a no no to doing gigs for FREE. It makes photography look cheap and ruins it for the next photographer. If you're new and need to build a portfolio, you can say, "I'm new and I'm using this as an experience. I would like you to at least cover my gas to the event." I know photographers that are flown in and paid to shoot this specific event. I would hate it one day when the people they are shooting for tells them, "Brendan is willing to pay for his own gas to get to this event. Plus he does not want any money from us, so sorry, we're not going to pay you."
I understand your point. I also do the same stuff you do. And make good money at it. Hell its paid for some of my car. But you made a point long ago. Help the guy or move on.

Originally Posted by xtremeyolks
Obviously you have never seen his pics........o_0
Doesn't really matter. You can be **** star gold. But if you keep **** bombing someones thread asking for help you only end up looking poorly.

Originally Posted by pho_shizzle
Okay Mr photographer Mike i<3subie
Oh damn. You really caught me. Your a real detective.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:28 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP

Oh damn. You really caught me. Your a real detective.
You know it! Back x10

Quick Reply: Any Body got a lens I can borrow? (Zoom)