Any Body got a lens I can borrow? (Zoom)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
So what you are saying is that you are taking pictures for SN for free? Think about how that will effect other working photographers and also people in your position.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
what do you mean? I'm doing it to meet reputable photographers and get my name out there as well as get some good practice in. what is wrong with that? you can't charge immediately if you don't have work to prove you're worth paying for...
Old 04-04-2012, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 06 GMC Diesel
Contact Borrowlenses.com and pick out a 70-200 2.8 from the list and rent It for 3 days, Its only about $50 or so.
I rent from them all the time for AMA and Truck/Car shows that come around here. Plus their local too, San Carlos right off 101
Old 04-04-2012, 10:21 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat
what do you mean? I'm doing it to meet reputable photographers and get my name out there as well as get some good practice in. what is wrong with that? you can't charge immediately if you don't have work to prove you're worth paying for...
You are covering the Formula D event for Stance Nation at no cost (actually it'll be costing you) vs. them paying a photographer to cover it for them. I don't want to sound harsh, but if you are spending all your money to get to the event then you need to be setting your priorities straight. There are lots of ways to meet reputable photographers and practice with shooting. For starters, there's drifting at Sears Point on Wednesday nights. But if you must and is on a budget, there's other options for the 70-200 focal length. Think about the 70-200/2.8 Non IS, 70-200/4 (non-IS and IS) and 200/2.8.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:09 PM

Thanks for your input, I was hoping to borrow any type of zoom lens.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:35 AM

Car Info: Reason
no im doing it more as a learning experiance then a "hired" shoot, ive never shot anything like this before. i just needed to get the last minute passes for sn since my site doesnt get enough hits.

why does it sound fishy? im a college student how would i have enough funds for everything i need/want? and yes a contract does mean crap because it is a legal document that would be signed by myself which would hold up in a small claims court if that was needed.

i was asking for a favor no need to be a ***** about me asking for a favor god damn
Yes you are indeed asking for a mighty favor. I'm just saying that if I were to loan you my 70-200, I'd be assuming a great deal of risk considering your self-admitted cash shortage.

You want some real advice instead of me being a ***** about you asking for a favor? Rent a 2x teleconverter and you can use your 24-105 with similar results to a 70-200 you can't afford to replace. Here's a link. It will only cost you $16 for 3 days. Good luck - your rolling shots are nice, btw...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 AM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
I am not surprised at some of the responses here. It really does drag this place down a notch.

You can shoot good creative photos and not be a pro! And with such you need to start out some where. Last I checked no one here was born with a camera in their hands. The way you learn is to pick it up and practice along the way.

I really wish people here would help build up other members skills then tear them down or try and shoot holes in their plans. Just asking for help should not have turned into a "Oh your a pro and you have no gear for this event...wtf!!" Come on guys. Make this place a helpful useful site. You never know when you might get caught out in a jam and may need some help yourself!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:26 AM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
^I can see you totally missed the point here. Photog talk.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:02 AM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Originally Posted by old.guy
I am not surprised at some of the responses here. It really does drag this place down a notch.

You can shoot good creative photos and not be a pro! And with such you need to start out some where. Last I checked no one here was born with a camera in their hands. The way you learn is to pick it up and practice along the way.

I really wish people here would help build up other members skills then tear them down or try and shoot holes in their plans. Just asking for help should not have turned into a "Oh your a pro and you have no gear for this event...wtf!!" Come on guys. Make this place a helpful useful site. You never know when you might get caught out in a jam and may need some help yourself!
Ok well buy the lense the OP wants to borrow, and lend it to him.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by buzzword
Yes you are indeed asking for a mighty favor. I'm just saying that if I were to loan you my 70-200, I'd be assuming a great deal of risk considering your self-admitted cash shortage.

You want some real advice instead of me being a ***** about you asking for a favor? Rent a 2x teleconverter and you can use your 24-105 with similar results to a 70-200 you can't afford to replace. Here's a link. It will only cost you $16 for 3 days. Good luck - your rolling shots are nice, btw...
thanks ill look into it.

Originally Posted by old.guy

i agree but whatever, all forums are the same. people are dicks until they meet the person and become friends...lol
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
i learned my lesson by letting a member borrowing my downpipe so he can pass smog. i have lost trust in forum members in even letting them borrow a muffler now let alone a camera lens.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by kspek
i learned my lesson by letting a member borrowing my downpipe so he can pass smog. i have lost trust in forum members in even letting them borrow a muffler now let alone a camera lens.
Someone stole your downpipe after you where kind enough to lend it to them? That's pretty low.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:15 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
i agree but whatever, all forums are the same. people are dicks until they meet the person and become friends...lol
Just wait until you meet these reputable photographers at the event. They are mostly A-Holes.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:50 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
I mean i think the difference here, opposed to people jacking dp's(which has happened to me too kspek) is that the OP is trying to put w.e he can up as collateral to make up for the fact that he is strapped for cash. I mean if I had the lens under that condition yea I would def let him borrow it
Old 04-05-2012, 02:57 PM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Originally Posted by kspek
Originally Posted by flat489
I mean i think the difference here, opposed to people jacking dp's(which has happened to me too kspek)
Me too.

Quick Reply: Any Body got a lens I can borrow? (Zoom)