Another Motor Down the Tubes, Need some opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 02:03 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
Originally Posted by SubyN00by
ouch, gruppe-s?
naw - I got tboned 6 weeks ago. body and suspenion fixes.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
Originally Posted by mcowger
naw - I got tboned 6 weeks ago. body and suspenion fixes.
ouch, you're ok I take it?
Old 02-16-2007, 02:54 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
Isay, get JDM heads, a new 07 USDM STI motor and be done with it.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:18 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
he just got promoted and he's married?????

O ic, I apologize for the mispeaking then... but doesn't this make my statement even more valid? Throwing money around is the thing you do when you're a bachelor!

Man what's up with people here egging the guy on to spend money?
Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Anyway I look at it I am going to have to spend money. Say I do shelf the wagon for a while... Take a couple of grand and go buy a beater as the wagon sits there. How long do you think I could wait? I'd honestly rather take that two grand and put it into the wagon with hopes that this will be the "one". I love my car so much. Not just the car, it is a hobby, a mode of transportation, a tool for weekend fun, a social outlet. See I don't have many things in my life that make me totally happy. I'm good at my job, but I don't care for it. I'm the type that works to live, I don't live to work. My wife made the decision four years ago to become a Realtor. This was totally against my wishes as I knew that it was going to be a rough road. Over that four years I have asked her time and time again, to find a job that pays a salary. This would allow us more flexabilty to budget and prepare for lifes little bumps. She basically refuses to do anything else because she is so happy doing what she does. She doesn't have a hobby. Her enjoyment is her job. I don't want to take that away from her. In my case, I really don't care for what I do, she knows this. She also knows that my life, outside of work is heavily influenced by my love for all of those thing I stated above. She wants me to be happy and supports the repairs. We both know that it is a catch 22. The money keeps pouring out and the car is still no better off than it was a year ago. I do think that I am ready to say that if this attempt does not work, I am finished with it. Then I can explore my other passion... SMASHING KITTENS!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:49 PM

Car Info: 03' Subaru Impreza WRX - R.I.P.
Hey Jeff, Im very sad to hear about your recent car problems, I am totally surprised since it seems everytime you told me about something that needs to be rebuilt, it seems like you got everything figured out. Its great to have a practical and fast car as your daily driver which is why people go for turbo subarus in the first place, but it seems modifying your wagon leads to unreliability. For me, I knew the instant my 2nd transmission went out on my L, that I had to buy a 2nd car as a daily driver. I decided at that moment my car was not ready to become a daily driver so it was an easy choice to make. TIme to buy an new (NA) car or truck! Some other odd things that have happened to my subaru was 5 different accidents within 2 years of owning it, and with my car's front end always getting jacked up, which makes me feel as though my car is cursed when it comes to staying out of accidents and bodywork. If I put my car back to stock I would get maybe $2k back, so I would never sell it, even if it has to sit on jackstands for years. I know you love your car a lot, but if I were in your shoes I would sell it after putting it back as close to stock as possible since its still pretty new, get a legacy gt and do some mild modifications and try to be happy. My favorite Legacy actually happens to be the 00-04 sedans, but too bad they came non-turbo in the US

Originally Posted by ipozestu
Anyway I look at it I am going to have to spend money. Say I do shelf the wagon for a while... Take a couple of grand and go buy a beater as the wagon sits there. How long do you think I could wait? I'd honestly rather take that two grand and put it into the wagon with hopes that this will be the "one". I love my car so much. Not just the car, it is a hobby, a mode of transportation, a tool for weekend fun, a social outlet. See I don't have many things in my life that make me totally happy. I'm good at my job, but I don't care for it. I'm the type that works to live, I don't live to work. My wife made the decision four years ago to become a Realtor. This was totally against my wishes as I knew that it was going to be a rough road. Over that four years I have asked her time and time again, to find a job that pays a salary. This would allow us more flexabilty to budget and prepare for lifes little bumps. She basically refuses to do anything else because she is so happy doing what she does. She doesn't have a hobby. Her enjoyment is her job. I don't want to take that away from her. In my case, I really don't care for what I do, she knows this. She also knows that my life, outside of work is heavily influenced by my love for all of those thing I stated above. She wants me to be happy and supports the repairs. We both know that it is a catch 22. The money keeps pouring out and the car is still no better off than it was a year ago. I do think that I am ready to say that if this attempt does not work, I am finished with it. Then I can explore my other passion... SMASHING KITTENS!!!