Another complete FAILURE by Cypress Coast Subaru's service dept.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 08:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Another complete FAILURE by Cypress Coast Subaru's service dept.

Thank god they are not in an area with a high concentration of Subarus as this is not the first issue I or other Subaru enthusiasts have had with the service department. The only reason I coupled the oil change today with other errands I needed to do down there is because when I bought my car they had a free oil changes for life promotion and the cost of gas there and back is less than getting an oil change elsewhere.

The other day I scheduled an appointment for today at 12:00 or 2:00 (they make you pick two times and then see which one will work, understandable). I get an email back that says "I have set your appointment for Jan. 09 at 2:00pm. Technicians go to lunch from 12-1."

I head down there today, and give them a call when I get on 17 to let them know I'm running a little late. I get the voicemail after a few rings, not uncommon for them, so I leave a message. When I get down there I pull into the parking lot and go "Hmm, looks kind of dark in there, maybe they are being green and don't have it as well lit anymore."

WRONG! They are closed!!! I get back in my car, and pull up the email on my iPhone. "I have set your appointment for Jan. 09 at 2:00pm. Technicians go to lunch from 12-1." I double check today's date. January 9th.

I go into the sales office and ask to talk to someone about the service department. "They're closed today." "Yeah, thats pretty obvious The problem is that they scheduled an appointment for me today." Luckily one of the salesmen was nice enough to take me down to the stand alone service center also owned by Cypress Coast. They initially said they couldn't honor the free oil change because the info for that wasn't in their computer, its on the computers in the Subaru service department. Of course! The salesman went back to the dealership, dug up my paperwork and called the oil change place, and the eventually agreed to do my change for free and take it up with the Subaru service center on Monday.

ClifNotes: Cypress Coast Service FTL. Cypress Coast Sales FTW.
[/rant]

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 01-09-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 OBP WRX
I dunno about their service center, but I definitely agree with you on their sales dept. I got my car there.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:08 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
wow, that sucks.....
Old 01-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Car Info: Teh Subie
That's where I bought my Subie, it was the opposite of the stereotypical car sales experience.

Translation - Painless & got what I wanted for the price I wanted to pay.

Sucks that now your hafta weigh the free oil chance against the stress/time lost on the drive down there.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by STiForFun
That's where I bought my Subie, it was the opposite of the stereotypical car sales experience.

Translation - Painless & got what I wanted for the price I wanted to pay.

Sucks that now your hafta weigh the free oil chance against the stress/time lost on the drive down there.
Exactly, the sales department is so laid back but still competent. If I'm still living in NorCal when it comes time for another Suby, it'll be from them or Santa Cruz, unless there is an i-clubber working sales at another one, then of course I'd give him the sale.