Amazing (and Disturbing) Pictures, Pollution in China

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 06:37 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by subybullet
ya ive been to southern china to kowloon and it was sad to see and smell the horror there. the people at the factories work 6 days a week and poo and pee in holes in the ground, they hardly ever go home so they live there at the plant and visit their families when they deliver money to them. they were so happy to see americans hoping that we could give them something of any value, i was so appreciative of being an american at that point.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kowloon's not THAT bad! Geez, when did you go and which district were you in?
Old 11-02-2009, 07:22 PM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
looks like LA!
lol! Matt, you just won this thread
Old 11-02-2009, 09:50 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by Jin
"Communism" could theoretically work, its the corruption thats ruining it. the best form of government, in my opinion, is monarchy with a good-human-being leader/king/emperor which empires and dynasties had in the past. it just backfires when a bad person takes the throne.
I remember Plato and Hobbes articulated this position rather well. And even if there's a bad one once in awhile, it's easy to solve that problem by taking them out. If you look at the periods of greatest growth and evolution in the recent histories of England, France, and Germany, those periods occurred while a good monarch had sole power to rule the country.

But back to the original topic. The government of China sucks *****, and what they do to their people on a perpetual basis is abhorrent. Hardly any notice was given to the 20th anniversary of the "June 9th incident." Not all governments are the same - although it is true that the US government has its faults, as of now, it is nowhere near the level of oppression that occurs in China on a daily basis.

Also, **** WalQaeda. That free-trade agreement with China was one of the worst outcomes of the Clinton Administration. Think about where WalQaeda is from - make the connection. That decision and its resulting trade deficit, is one of the main reasons why China is the US Government's personal AMEX card.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:00 PM

Car Info: SGM 135i
Monarchy doesn't exists. There isn't a single person in power, there are always counsels and advisors behind the scenes.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:44 PM

Car Info: 1.8L FWD
Originally Posted by herrjr
Hardly any notice was given to the 20th anniversary of the "June 9th incident."
It's the "June 4th Incident" or "Tiananmen Square Massacre."
Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Bugeye
Old 11-03-2009, 12:00 AM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
Originally Posted by Jin
"Communism" could theoretically work, its the corruption thats ruining it. the best form of government, in my opinion, is monarchy with a good-human-being leader/king/emperor which empires and dynasties had in the past. it just backfires when a bad person takes the throne.

just on a side note, 80% of world's resources are used up by 20% of the population. think about that.
totally agree. "communism" is a world where everyone is doing what they were suppose to do, but is those people with power is abusing the their power. which cause the corruption. communist is not a bad at all with out corruptions.

remember the the communist won the war against the American friend'y nationalist was because majority of the chinese people were on the communist side. because back then the communist party has a pure helping heart, and want to get poor people out of their situation.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
For those that don't know, the death toll was estimated anywhere from 400-800 people, and countless people injured.

This guy will be remembered for years and years to come for his courage in trying to stop the PRC tanks:

"Tank man"

Old 11-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by wimprezax06
totally agree. "communism" is a world where everyone is doing what they were suppose to do, but is those people with power is abusing the their power. which cause the corruption. communist is not a bad at all with out corruptions.

remember the the communist won the war against the American friend'y nationalist was because majority of the chinese people were on the communist side. because back then the communist party has a pure helping heart, and want to get poor people out of their situation.
The only way communism would work is it was run by a robot. Humans are far too corrupt to tackle such a feat.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:42 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
it would have to be ran by a robot for robots since people will always corrupt the system.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:56 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
skynet = communism
Old 11-03-2009, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by JZ oo7
oops, my bad - got the day wrong - should've verified
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Sadness
Old 11-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Jin

Car Info: 05 CGM STi to be converted to RS
i hope China can change, Korea went through similar events like Gwangju massacre which later helped korea become a better democratic country.
its sad that China is trying to hide june 4th instead of learning from it.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Here is a recent photo documentary of another man-made industrial blunder/tragedy, the Chernobyl accident (better f-ing Google it if you never heard of it). It actually affected me personally since the area of Soviet Union where I lived at the time received about 80% of its nuclear fall out

http://villageofjoy.com/chernobyl-to...d-in-pictures/

Chernobyl Today: A Creepy Story told in Pictures

In the zone of alienation in northern Ukraine, Kiev Oblast, near the border with Belarus. Its population had been around 50,000 prior to the accident. Today, the only residents are deer and wolves along with a solitary guard.

Prypiat used to be proud for being home to the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant workers. But something happened on 26 April 1986…

It took three days before all permanent residents of Chernobyl and the Zone of alienation were evacuated due to unsafe levels of radioactivity. People from around the Soviet Union were forced to come and work here in order to liquidate the danger and evacuate the residents. Many of the workers died or had serious illness from radiation. My father was also recruited for this operation, but he bribed corrupt local officers with some good sausages which were rare and a valuable item at those times, so he’s fine an alive today.

Let the story be told by these magical pictures taken ~20 years later after the accident.
Some of the pics and descriptions from the article...

400m away from the reactor (max allowed)” “2.0 rt being off-scale of the reader-device. average radiation level of a non contaminated area: 0.010 rt/m2″

Two more reactors, no. 5 and 6, capable of producing 1 GW each, were under construction at the time of the disaster.

Quick Reply: Amazing (and Disturbing) Pictures, Pollution in China