Allergies.... :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Allergies.... :(

anyone else have bad allergies? I live up in Sonoms county, and allergies are not my friend here.... does anyone else have bad allergies, and takes something that helps them a lot?

I have tried Alegra, Clariton, Flonase, none of it works for too long...flonase worked great but now it just irratates my nose too much and makes me sneeze a hell of a lot more...

any suggestions for this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:24 PM

Car Info: 05 aspen white sti
i take nasarel. its a prescription nasal spray. i give it two thumbs up
Old 06-19-2006, 12:29 PM

Car Info: silverthorne 2000 2.5rs
Alavert FTW.. if you can ****ing find it.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:33 PM
VIP Member

haha thanks for the suggestions guys.. i am currently using Benadryl and as you guys probably know, its a sleepy fricken med. but with the help of "STI-FTW"'s Kona coffee I am staying awake.

I want to try Nasarel but the nose spray thing has started to affect the sensetivity of my nose. causing me to sneeze a looottt. does the bottle have an orange cap or am i thinking of something else.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:40 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx
ahh dude... i'm on the same boat.... when this time of year comes i like to stay in doors but my mom always tell me to go cut the grass and i'll be like... oh.... no.... but of course i go out and do it and in 15min i'll be in hell. I'll finish up come back into the the house and just feel like **** for 3 hours. red itchy eyes, runny nose, feeling zapped of power, and sneezing, it sucks assssssssss
and i hate taking benadryl, it works but it knocks me the **** out! haha
Old 06-19-2006, 01:15 PM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
Originally Posted by smokey25
Alavert FTW..
+1, so far it's been the only thing to keep the nasties at bay. My allergies just started up last week ferociously. I did claritan, tried my son's flonase, then finally went to the doc and he prescribed Alavert. Worked like a charm, except today I forgot it, so now I'm sneezing my guts out and dripping snot all over my KB.

Oh and while benedryl works ok at keeping the nose dry and sneezing at bay, it makes my eyeballs feel like they are going to pop out.

Chlortimetron works pretty well for an OTC.

Last edited by illusion; 06-19-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:20 PM
ish

Car Info: 2009 wrx & 2000 4runner
I have bad allergies, but there is no medicine to make them go away.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:19 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX WRB 4EAT VF34 Kit w/AP
My allergies suck *ss bad. Nothing really works very well. But I have found something that does help alot now. Tylenol allergy multi sympton. Its new and it actually helps. The only thing I dont like is you have to take 2 pills every 4 to 6 hours. I have found (for me) the 12 and 24 hour doses dont work for me.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:31 PM

Car Info: silverthorne 2000 2.5rs
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by illusion
+1, so far it's been the only thing to keep the nasties at bay. My allergies just started up last week ferociously. I did claritan, tried my son's flonase, then finally went to the doc and he prescribed Alavert. Worked like a charm, except today I forgot it, so now I'm sneezing my guts out and dripping snot all over my KB.

Oh and while benedryl works ok at keeping the nose dry and sneezing at bay, it makes my eyeballs feel like they are going to pop out.

Chlortimetron works pretty well for an OTC.
You can get Alavert over the counter, but like i said most of the time they are sold out. I used to have the worst allergies, period, out of anyone ive ever met, and that stuff works the best + it doesnt make you drowsy at all. 1 tiny pill melts in your mouth.. look for it.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
I have some pretty awful allergies too... ever since I came to Davis. I take flonase, zyrtec-D, patenol, and singulair to keep all my damn allergies at bay. I usually stop using everything but Zyrtec-D after a while and all seems ok so I'd suggest giving it a try.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:10 PM
VIP Member

yeah, i am gonna make an appointment with my doc for wednesday.

has anyone tried the accupuncture? a guy told me he had terrible allergies in chicago, moved out here and it was tenfold.. so he went and got accupuncture for allergies and hasnt had allergies yet and he got the accupuncture about 2 years ago. said its 40 dollars a session, and takes about 2 sessions..

i say i have missed enough work, and spent enough money on allergy meds to add up to being much more than that. so its worth the shot. but none the less i will see my doc.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:57 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
im allergic to everything, dander, dust, pollen, grass.... you name it. Alavert FTW indeed....

or, when i run out, i just bang my head into the wall until i pass out. no allergy problems afterward, but i wake up with a ****ing migrane :rotfl:
Old 06-19-2006, 06:23 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
I had to go into the ER last fall with an allergy related asthma attack, this springs been even worse, but at least I've got an inhaler now.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:40 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
I'm having bad allergies right now as well, even though I'm indoors about 85% of the time. Stuffy nose, sneezing, a bit of runny nose.

Either that, or I have a very mild cold.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 2010 SWP WRX
I get them every year, early spring from mid April through end of May. I take claritin and it does the job most of the time.

Quick Reply: Allergies.... :(