For all you people that post FOR SALE ads without including a price.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
For all you people that post FOR SALE ads without including a price.

Why do people even bother posting a FOR SALE ad then expect you to write them to find out how much they want for it??? Here are the only reasons I could imagine.

1. You want so much for it you think we will all laugh at you if you post the price.

2. You havent decided how much you want for it and hope you work it out in your head by the time people start writing you.
3. You just enjoy answering multiple PMs because you have no life and will take any little bit of attention random people will throw your way.

If its 1: If you think your price is too high, it probably is, dont waste our time.

If its 2: Come back when you get your **** together, dont waste our time.

If its 3: maybe you like spending your time replying to PMs, but we dont like spending our time sending PMs just for the info that should be in a FOR SALE ad, dont waste our time.

Someone make this a sticky please.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:39 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
I see your point, outferno, but I feel if you're trying to sell something you should have done research to best determine a market price and set your sale price at that and say "OBO" just in case you're too high.

I get frustrated when no price is included also.
Old 06-03-2004, 06:23 AM

I dont have any beef with people who put 'make offer" just the people who put "pm for price" or just dont put anything
Old 06-03-2004, 08:06 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
if theres no price i assume its free
Old 06-03-2004, 10:11 AM

Car Info: '03 PSM Sedan
if you're trying to sell something you should have done research to best determine a market price and set your sale price at that
its not always that easy. some parts, particularly OEM ones are difficult to set a price on because they're either rarely sold, there isn't much market for them, or the differance between their value and market value is so large. for example, i sold off my front brake caliper mounting brackets asking for an offer. why? because they're $50 each through subaru, and i didn't think anyone would give me anywhere near $100 for the set -- in fact, i had no idea if anyone would even buy them.

as far as i'm concerned, "make an offer" is a perfectly valid price for a classified listing.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:22 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by Krinkov
3. You just enjoy answering multiple PMs because you have no life and will take any little bit of attention random people will throw your way.
i highly doubt it's this.

i bet it's cause people are just too lazy to research.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:07 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP Wrx
Putting a price up is worthless, everyone who contacts you wants it.......but only for 50 to 100 bucks lower. Its quite annoying.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:09 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by MidniteBlakRex
Putting a price up is worthless, everyone who contacts you wants it.......but only for 50 to 100 bucks lower. Its quite annoying.

price your stuff $50-100 more then u actually want for it
Old 06-03-2004, 02:12 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP Wrx
shouldnt have to when most of us here know the going rate for used parts.
Old 06-03-2004, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by MidniteBlakRex
they still want to lowball even if they have to PM, doesnt change anything.
Old 06-03-2004, 05:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: I got a couple :)
LMAO

leave it alone !

CLOSED TOPIC
Old 06-03-2004, 06:04 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
I can appreciate the opinions expressed here but I'm moving the thread to BAIC because it is an ongoing discussion, as opposed to a classified. In a nutshell, I just don't think I can require every member to post an asking price. Easier just to lowball them.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 06-03-2004, 06:50 PM

Car Info: Broken ass stock '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
Why do people even bother posting a FOR SALE ad then expect you to write them to find out how much they want for it??? Here are the only reasons I could imagine.

1. You want so much for it you think we will all laugh at you if you post the price.

2. You havent decided how much you want for it and hope you work it out in your head by the time people start writing you.

If its 1: If you think your price is too high, it probably is, dont waste our time.

If its 2: Come back when you get your **** together, dont waste our time.

If its 3: maybe you like spending your time replying to PMs, but we dont like spending our time sending PMs just for the info that should be in a FOR SALE ad, dont waste our time.

Someone make this a sticky please.
werd, pita to send pms all the time for prices
Old 06-03-2004, 08:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Originally Posted by dropkick_muppet
its not always that easy. some parts, particularly OEM ones are difficult to set a price on because they're either rarely sold, there isn't much market for them, or the differance between their value and market value is so large. for example, i sold off my front brake caliper mounting brackets asking for an offer. why? because they're $50 each through subaru, and i didn't think anyone would give me anywhere near $100 for the set -- in fact, i had no idea if anyone would even buy them.

as far as i'm concerned, "make an offer" is a perfectly valid price for a classified listing.
see in that case, I would have asked $50 - $70 for the set, depending on how I felt the day I made the listing.

Quick Reply: For all you people that post FOR SALE ads without including a price.