For all the law enforcement officer haters out there... something to look at it.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
I wasn't trying to be an ***, just making an observation.

If you want to see fired up, go look in the Politics section on this site -- but even that is pretty tame, hah.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:24 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
to SK and I <3 Subie...

SK there have been multiple people who asked you to explain your situation in detail so that it can be better understood. I find it very hard to believe that you and your friend were just walking down the street and a cop pulled over and demanded your wallet, made racist comments, and drove off to the police station. If you could PLEASE explain the incident going through what happened prior to the officers bothering you and explaining what cause, just or not, they felt they had for stopping and talking to you. This could all be cleared up simply by you just coming forward and saying what really happened. If you cant do that (or you tell me to read your other posts, i have) then i have to agree with I <3 Subie that your statements are completely invalid.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:46 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
I notice you left out drunk driving checkpoints, or are those included in "security checkpoints"?

Unfortunately, what you can't really measure is what the listed enforcement techniques have deterred, the people that did NOT smuggle illegal items, did NOT drive drunk, and so forth because of the presence of such checkpoints.
Wow. So.. It's working, but we just can't tell. Awesome.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:14 AM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
Originally Posted by Redils16
to SK and I <3 Subie...

SK there have been multiple people who asked you to explain your situation in detail so that it can be better understood. I find it very hard to believe that you and your friend were just walking down the street and a cop pulled over and demanded your wallet, made racist comments, and drove off to the police station. If you could PLEASE explain the incident going through what happened prior to the officers bothering you and explaining what cause, just or not, they felt they had for stopping and talking to you. This could all be cleared up simply by you just coming forward and saying what really happened. If you cant do that (or you tell me to read your other posts, i have) then i have to agree with I <3 Subie that your statements are completely invalid.
I'm going to cross thread a bit here and give a nod to this reply.

Til this day I'm not so sure. My assumption was that maybe it was the u turn my friend pulled (10th & Clement)? I'm sure it wasn't for double parking either since we pulled into a meter space.

I used to work at the doughnut shop right across from 7-11. This was back in '87, btw. I thanked my friend for giving me a ride to work, and was about to get out of the car when a cruiser pulled up behind us. As soon as they approach, my friend asked what did he do, and that's all it took. They got huffy and went off. I just sat there quiet. They asked for our ID, but as soon as I pulled the wallet out, the officer on the passenger side snatched it. His partner did the same. A few more harsh words and they left. We look at each other for a min. Stunned.... Did the officers just took off with our wallets?

Now let me go ahead and address the first statement regarding the reply from another thread:

Agreed. Police officers aren't robots. They have good days and bad days - often bad, and we know this. With that, why would it be unreasonable hearing questionable behaviors from time to time? They have emotions & egos like the rest of us. It's a human condition.

The argument that one must have done something in order for them to react in a certain way is understandable. It's highly unlikely that a given officer would misconduct him/herself against the public. But it happens. Even if we were a bunch of loud-mouth thugs, what gave the officers that morning the right to take our wallets? There was no explanation for the stop, no citation given.

I still don't understand what's "invalid" regarding my replies. It was an unpleasant morning. My friend and I felt like dirt, and I'm certain those two officers probably felt bad afterward for behaving in such a way.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:52 AM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
SK that was in 87, things have changed GREATLY since 87
Old 05-22-2009, 11:53 AM
SK

Originally Posted by flatline
SK that was in 87, things have changed GREATLY since 87
Agree. Overall SFPD seems (to me) to be much friendlier than before. Better PR training, I assumed.

The latest encounter was a very pleasant one. I was pulled over because the officer thought my wife didn't have her seat belt on (puffy jacket + low harness position). He did the usual check for warrants and such, and then asked about the Forester. Very nice guy.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Calsoldier
Parroted? My opinion is based on my view of the world and my emphasis on the importance of formal higher education.
So, you've done tons of research in this area huh?
Old 05-22-2009, 01:00 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX
Originally Posted by SK
I'm going to cross thread a bit here and give a nod to this reply.
I still don't understand what's "invalid" regarding my replies.
I was not meaning to imply that your statements were invalid it was that fact that you seemed to be side stepping the main question about what the whole story was and so if you were not going to elaborate THEN your statement would lose its value but thanks for explaining and seeing as how i wasn't born until 90' i cant speak on what things were like in 87' but i bet things are much better now than they were then
Old 05-22-2009, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by SK
Agree. Overall SFPD seems (to me) to be much friendlier than before. Better PR training, I assumed.

The latest encounter was a very pleasant one. I was pulled over because the officer thought my wife didn't have her seat belt on (puffy jacket + low harness position). He did the usual check for warrants and such, and then asked about the Forester. Very nice guy.
You have agreed that things have changed since 87 and your last experiance was a pleasant one.

Why do you continually try to put cops in a negative spotlight.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
You have agreed that things have changed since 87 and your last experiance was a pleasant one.

he just said he had a pleasant experience...
Old 05-22-2009, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by yayitzian
he just said he had a pleasant experience...

I know, im pointing out the irony in his posts.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:49 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
I dont think I have read anywhere but I will add.....

I know a few book smart college people that have masters in school, But dont know crap for street smart.

If you want a great police man, you want alittle of college smart for law/court and street smart to get the bad guys.

So really in my book I'd take a street smart cop thats been POST trained over a college guy that has no clue but what some book he read or some cops tv show.

Its really hard if not impossable to teach street smarts.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:46 PM
SK

Continually? Irony?

I take it you only focused on the replies you took offense to and ignored the rest.

Here. I'll spare you the search:

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=24

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=40

https://www.i-club.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=41

As stated, when you run into pleasant cops, it's a great feeling; proud that we have good guys out there, looking out for us. When you run into bad ones, it sure ruin your day.

Yes, things have improved, but there are still many controversies regarding conducts and excessiveness. Most of us have seen the vids and reports.

I stand by what I've originally said: Lesson learned - just because some wear the badge, honor should not be presumed, nor assumed present & represented.

Be courteous. Aggression will get you nowhere, but know your rights.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:49 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Because cell phone video all ways tells the full story... lol
Old 05-22-2009, 05:53 PM
SK

Originally Posted by I<3subie
Because cell phone video all ways tells the full story... lol
Yup. Because that's all we've been watching....cell phone videos.

LOL