For all the law enforcement officer haters out there... something to look at it.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 AM

Car Info: wrx02
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Just thought of something for those people knocking community colleges compared to "universities."

The vast majority of the teachers I've had in community college had either in the recent past taught at "universities" in various areas, or were also teaching at either CSUMB or UC Santa Cruz that same semester. Just some food for thought
Hey I went to community college and university. I don't see too much difference in terms of learning until you reach undergraduate programs.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Car Info: 1988 Carrera & 2013 Carrera S
Originally Posted by willow
Having that said, I think college/uc experience is very important to be a police officer. It will most likely increase their ability to perform critical thinkings, problem solving, and be culturally competent.

But that's only my opinion as an observer.
Well said. My point exactly.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:01 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Originally Posted by SK
Up to the moment, in order:

Woke up way too early; without coffee...

Set a litter of kittens on fire.

Robbed several banks.

Punched a few seniors.

Pissed on a few homeless bums.

Other than that, I was a law-abiding, tax paying BAer til' a pair of good ol' boys came up to me and my friend and put us in our place.

Sounds like you did somethng stupid and cant man up.
So with that, You hold no vaild points to the topic.

Thanks for coming...
Play again soon....
Old 05-21-2009, 04:06 PM
SK

Car Info: an EQ tuned box
Originally Posted by I<3subie
Sounds like you did somethng stupid and cant man up.
So with that, You hold no vaild points to the topic.

Thanks for coming...
Play again soon....
Grow up.

Go read my replies again.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:52 PM

Car Info: Smokin' Joe
I've been called a F*g, a b***h, a homo, i've been threatened, i've been waited for outside. And I'm a... bartender. I'm not sure if I am ready to apply to the local agencies..
Old 05-21-2009, 04:53 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
Originally Posted by Calsoldier
No one is trying to humiliate, we state our own opinions on the necessities of joining the academy. I have not been and cannot state the difficulty of the program itself, but my best guess is that they crammed a year's worth of learning into a 20 week -- 6 month process. That way you can hit the streets faster to give fix it tickets.

Continual training? I'm glad they still try to teach something other than the usual gang-mentality lessons. But I bet those 5 in the academy would be the only ones in this training if it wasn't required..

Hmm... you must be completely missing the point of law enforcement if you think our ultimate goal is fix-it tickets.

Do you think i really care if you have a modified exhaust? or some other correctable violation?

I care about drugs, guns, murderers, rapists, burglars, kidnappers, and the rest of the bad apples.

Ill even extend an offer to take you on a ride along to hopefully change your mind about officers giving out "Fix it tickets."
Old 05-21-2009, 05:55 PM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
Originally Posted by flatline
Hmm... you must be completely missing the point of law enforcement if you think our ultimate goal is fix-it tickets.

Do you think i really care if you have a modified exhaust? or some other correctable violation?

I care about drugs, guns, murderers, rapists, burglars, kidnappers, and the rest of the bad apples.

Ill even extend an offer to take you on a ride along to hopefully change your mind about officers giving out "Fix it tickets."
I'd be down with that, I'm always in for going after drugs, guns, and so on.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
No one is trying to humiliate, we state our own opinions on the necessities of joining the academy. I have not been and cannot state the difficulty of the program itself, but my best guess is that they crammed a year's worth of learning into a 20 week -- 6 month process. That way you can hit the streets faster to give fix it tickets.

Continual training? I'm glad they still try to teach something other than the usual gang-mentality lessons. But I bet those 5 in the academy would be the only ones in this training if it wasn't required..
The problem is that your opinion isn't based upon anything concrete, just your already formed/parroted "theories"

Last edited by VRT MBasile; 05-21-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by flatline

I was more or less kidding, but if you're getting so fired up about this on the internet, how do you behave on the streets?

P.S. I'm glad you omit the BS and go for the real crimes, and I wish more cops had a similar approach to law enforcement.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
The problem is that your opinion isn't based upon anything concrete, just your already formed/parroted "theories"
Parroted? My opinion is based on my view of the world and my emphasis on the importance of formal higher education.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Well said. My point exactly.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean any people with a degree can become a cop either. For example, there is absolutely no way I can do what my bro do everyday. I can't deal with dirt bags. Honestly, I will be too scare to deal with gangsters, drug dealers, and so on. It does take special type of people.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by willow
Yeah, but that doesn't mean any people with a degree can become a cop either. For example, there is absolutely no way I can do what my bro do everyday. I can't deal with dirt bags. Honestly, I will be too scare to deal with gangsters, drug dealers, and so on. It does take special type of people.
I agree again, but I meant that higher education should be a pre-requisite for the law enforcement application process. There are plenty very-educated people in the world who cannot handle the task, as goes with the uneducated.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:19 PM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
I was more or less kidding, but if you're getting so fired up about this on the internet, how do you behave on the streets?

P.S. I'm glad you omit the BS and go for the real crimes, and I wish more cops had a similar approach to law enforcement.

Im fired up because this is one of the outlets where i can voice my opinion. This is my subaru community and we are all here for one another. The way i act on the street is VERY professional, sometimes almost too leiniant.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:28 PM

Car Info: 2015 WRX
You think that's "fired up"? Is this your first internet forum?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by saqwarrior
You think that's "fired up"? Is this your first internet forum?
Obviously I was born yesterday.

More fired up than I'd want a cop to be. It's not just a profession that you can turn on and off. It's not a stock broker who can do blow all night and work all day and be successful, it's a full time commitment whether on the clock or not, and that was the point I was trying to make.

Quick Reply: For all the law enforcement officer haters out there... something to look at it.