And it all begins... (car profiling by law enforcement)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:53 PM

Car Info: JCW CooperS 05
Shadowcat - YOU ARE STILL THE BIGGEST DOUCHE IN THE UNIVERSE......

</RANT>
Old 06-13-2006, 06:56 PM

Car Info: JCW CooperS 05
86 the </RANT>

ShadowCrap - Just as any FYI I do own property and since you seem to be a regular Einstein, I pay 11K a year in property tax, due the math on what I spent on a house to live in the bay..... Not too bad for a 5th grader __|__ And as far as intelligence goes Im sure it takes more than a forum and F7 to show your brain's worth, you have no idea who I am and what I do... And I guess that makes the beauty out of the Internet.....

H@ck7h3PL@n37!!!!!
Old 06-13-2006, 09:05 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX, 2012 OBP STi wagon
... BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

You can't figure out whether to use "site" or "cite," nor do you seem to know the difference between "due" and "do," and your best response is to call me a douche... and you believe you owning a $1million-plus house (average tax rate in the peninsula is between 1.01 and 1.10%) is supposed to impress me.... RIIIIIGHT.... frankly, I expected more out of someone who's profile says they are around 30 years old... at least a maturity level to indicate something around that age group... sorry, you lose, try again.

Anyway, I'll make your argument easier for you, since you still can't seem to grasp the concept of intelligent discourse: explain WHY the cops enforcing laws that have been in the books for years is such a HUGE deal that you got all excited about my response (which, once again to remind you, is that it's a trivial nuisance at best). You don't even HAVE to explain WHY you hate the actions of the "pigs," just explain why their actions are SO BAD.

and hiding behind the internet just shows how much of a coward you are (4 posts, all in this thread? come on... you can do better than that.. or can't you?)... I've told you where I will be tomorrow... feel free to drop by and make your arguments in person, if you feel that it will add weight... here, I'll even make it easier for you.. I'll be the guy with the cane and the limp. Think you can handle that? Respond here or in person.. I don't care.. but your immaturity just proves my point.

Last edited by shadowcat; 06-13-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by shadowcat
4 posts, all in this thread? come on... you can do better than that.. or can't you?
haha....nice one.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:35 PM

It would appear shadow that you just enjoy arguing with people, as you have stated you are just "arming us with information" well you have done that, so now you can stop talking. Did you miss out on the debate team while in high school? Are you trying to now make up for that missed opportunity? And accusing people of acting like 5th graders, I mean come on. When you start criticizing the spelling people use on an Internet forum then I know you're running out of retorts.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by nokio
It would appear shadow that you just enjoy arguing with people, as you have stated you are just "arming us with information" well you have done that, so now you can stop talking. Did you miss out on the debate team while in high school? Are you trying to now make up for that missed opportunity? And accusing people of acting like 5th graders, I mean come on. When you start criticizing the spelling people use on an Internet forum then I know you're running out of retorts.

What's with all the people who have almost no posts jumping out of their cave to bag on shadowcat? He has a completely legit point which makes perfect sence.

He's resorting to stupid stuff because he's been an ideal advocate of his opinion since the beginning, yet people still say irrelevant stuff such as "DOUCHE BAG" If he doesn't respond, people start calling him out. Seriously, how does advocating his opinion and defending his stance against idiots who resort to name calling, and debating like politians (just attacking him and not defending their stance) mean that he missed anything like a debate team in highschool.

How about you take your own suggestion
Originally Posted by nokio
so now you can stop talking
If you want to say anything to him, you know were he'll be.

Well... I guess it's like they say. Don't argue with an idiot, they just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:01 PM

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX, 2012 OBP STi wagon
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
What's with all the people who have almost no posts jumping out of their cave to bag on shadowcat? He has a completely legit point which makes perfect sence.

He's resorting to stupid stuff because he's been an ideal advocate of his opinion since the beginning, yet people still say irrelevant stuff such as "DOUCHE BAG" If he doesn't respond, people start calling him out. Seriously, how does advocating his opinion and defending his stance against idiots who resort to name calling, and debating like politians (just attacking him and not defending their stance) mean that he missed anything like a debate team in highschool.

How about you take your own suggestion If you want to say anything to him, you know were he'll be.

Well... I guess it's like they say. Don't argue with an idiot, they just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
thanks. I'm glad my faith in the BAIC is not totally lost or wasted. what I've done in this thread is ask for a reasonable response to my opinion. I'm more than willing to change my mind if someone can show me why there is such a big to-do about this. Seriously. But it seems that people can't seem to focus on the original question and issue I asked about, framed in a reasonable manner, so that both sides of the disagreement can be reviewed and examined, and people can have an informed opinion. Instead, people choose to attack me for what is basically an unpopular opinion. I have stated my position, time and again. The snarky comments were to goad the people attacking me into actually participating in the intelligent discourse and taking a stand on whatever their opinion is, backed by their reasoning... yet that never materialized. Oh well... Glad someone paid attention and didn't give a gut reaction, but actually read the posts with an open mind. So, again, thanks.

Last edited by shadowcat; 06-13-2006 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:21 AM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
I support shadowcat on this one.

If you dont want to get pulled over, dont make yourself stand out of the crowd.

You can make your car fast and seriously modified without making it look like its that way.

Or, you can put a million stickers on the car with aftermarket body parts, and not touch the motor/exhaust and run a front plate with legal tint and if they pull you over, they can't do anything.

BTW, if you think this is an "asian" or "ethnic" thing as well, there was a recent statistic I saw in the paper about PD pullovers in Sacramento county (which also is having a major crackdown on modified cars) and the only minority group being pulled over at a significnatly higher rate than other groups were African Americans. Asian Americans were actually being pulled over less than their equivalent population in the region.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:15 AM

Car Info: 2003 Impreza WRX Sedan Midnight Black Pearl
Wow.
Lots of flames in here.

Shadowcat gave some good advice in addition to his seemingly unpopular opinions, hopefully some folks will benefit.

If you really want to combat this kind of silly police behavior, there is only one way that will work immediately - tell everyone you know and post on every car board to avoid San Mateo on Fri.
If their giant combined task force just spends money and yields little results, it won't be repeated, that is for sure.
If everyone stayed in and watched movies, or went elsewhere, there won't be anyone to ticket.
Plus, Nation's Burger and In N Out will be hella pissed if their Fri sales drop to nothing due to the crackdown.

Interesting that they are targeting sideshows in an area that they admit doesn't have them?!?
I think that is the part that makes for the biggest argument issue, target crime by targeting what looks like it could be crime, in an area without much of that kind of crime. It just seems dumb.

Oh and there is nothing wrong with having a differing opinion and not being able to articulate a good response. Just say, "I see your point but I disagree."
That comes off much better than flinging names.

ps
There is one other way to totally combat this and make a point about modified cars, but there is no way it would ever be coordinated and happen.
You could all swarm them. Everyone with a modified (legal or not) or stock sports car in a 100 miles radius could all show up at the In N Out fri night. With 10s of thousands of cars there peacefully deadlocking the whole area, the news coverage would be phenomenal, and everyone could give nice interviews while sitting around waiting for tickets about how they don't street race, but just like working on and customizing their cars, and don't appreciate the stupid profiling.
That would get some attention.
Will never happen, but that is one way to force change.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:47 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Exclamation

whats with all the bagging on one of the truly OG members of the BAIC? shows who the "kids" are around here.

i completely agree with Shadowcat. dont like that? flame on me as well JCW_CS_06, with your whole total of --> 4! <-- posts..... You arent the brightest n00b in the box are you?

if any of you dont know ( other than Glen, Jude, and Shadow, they know me ) I, for one, live in San Mateo. How many others of you do? I drive a fairly stock GC sedan, with a VERY LOUD exhaust and live within a mile of the police deaprtment. because of that, i fit a profile. do i care? no, i have to pay to play. I get pulled over once in a while for the profile, but once again, pay to play. Do i *****? nah, i cant. I also back the boys in blue. my income taxes, that i pay, go to their paychecks to keep this and other cities safe and law-abiding. If i need to get pulled over so that they see that my car is completely stock, if not a little loud, then so be it. When they see that theres nothing to write me up on ( except of CVC. 27151, and if you cant figure that out, you've NEVER been pulled over! ) and they let me go, all i've lost is a few minutes. Big ****ING deal! Dont wanna get pulled over? Dont make you car so ****ing flashy. Try and blend in. Otherwise, you cant cry. If you make your car look a certain way, and THEN get pulled over for it, thats on you. You can cry, blame the "pigs", blame them media...... Yeah, theyre at fault, for making the profile. YOU are at fault for following it. You did buy, and then build/tune your car, right? Catless exaust, bigger brakes, al that jazz and ****? Quit your *****-footed whining and either change they way your car looks/sounds, or enjoy all the attention. You'll be getting a lot of it.

Oh yeah, Shadow. Thanks for letting me revive your meet. You truly are one of the OG's mate

Last edited by rau; 06-14-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:30 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I'm gonna say something more here in dealing with the recent posts.

Rau...The only reason I came down on shadow at all is because he has been a smart *** and made quite a few remarks toward people. It's one thing to attack the view another to attack the person. It turned into a big cluster**** of people attacking people. I personally don't agree with his opinion. Doesn't mean I don't like him. I don't agree with his opinion or the way he ORIGINALLY expressed it. With the recent posts it makes much more sense. And Rau..how you can not be upset because you fit a "profile" is beyond me.

Mikkyo. Interesting idea. I've been saying it for years in regards to this industry..tuners. Get organized and go at it that way otherwise nothing will change. Domestics get less hassle because they've gotten organized and they have gone after things like they're performance companies to make C.A.R.B. legal parts.

Kostamojen. what is wrong with making your car different than every other car on the road? People have been doing it since cars have exhisted. Just because you customize your car it doesn't mean that you street race or are a hood. But that has been a shadow cast on car customizers since the beginning. The roders of the 40's and 50's delt with the same crap we're dealing with now. It's something that is never going to go away. But I still say..what is wrong with it. Why should I feel bad because I like airbags on my caddy and chopped tops on old cars or I like low profile tires and stiff suspension on new ones. I like the rumble of exhaust, always have both of my cars are loud. why should I EXPECT to get pulled over because of it. If I'm speeding or driving like a jack *** or something like that then yeah. But just sitting in a parking lot or driving the speed limit why should I be ok that I just got pulled over when I just got passed by a mini van going 30mph over the speedlimit? Or got cut off by an escalade driving my some 100 pound chick talking on her cell phone and doing her make up. Which is more dangerous? hmm....a car that is set up to handle and break better than stock being driven by something that is paying attention or a GIANT suv driven by someone that's not......pull them over not me.

that is my point. I am not attacking the police. As I said before I am related to a lot of them and nearly went into it myself. I personally believe it's the law makers fault and california politics. I blame them getting paid full year wages for it. And I blame the fact that a lot more yuppies get organized for their giant suvs than tuners do for their rights. It's partly our own damn fault.

If you want things to change start going after the major parts companies and getting them to do C.A.R.B. legal parts. It's really not hard with a lot of different parts. The honda world has done it and you can build a half way decent car with C.A.R.B. parts. The illegal internal stuff they can't see anyways. I had my old civic like that for a while. Passed the state ref with headwork, cam, cam gear, etc. even had several C.A.R.B. cert parts on like intake, headers, exhaust. Try that with a wrx and your ****ed cause there are no C.A.R.B. legal parts.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:24 AM
rau
Something Custom

Angry Man did you say that to the wrong person

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
And Rau..how you can not be upset because you fit a "profile" is beyond me.
How can i not be mad when i fit a profile? Very simple.....

I WAS BORN WITH A PROFILE!!!! After 26 years of dealing with racists, bigots, and the like, after being harassed by " The Man " for so much longer than the absolute majority of you, after random beatings, with no though or provocation because of my SKIN COLOR!!!

You've never been beaten, or cuffed, or thrown out of establishments, or called certain sladerous names because you fit " a certain profile ".

I'll gladly be pulled over because of my car fitting a certain profile, instead of being pulled over because im black.......

......to the rest of the BAIC, i apologize to bring any racial-based negativity to this thread, but OneManArmy had to know where i come from....

So, any more profile-based questions for me buddy?
Old 06-14-2006, 11:28 AM
General Pimpin'

I'll address this in a PM directly to you. I never assumed anything about you don't go assuming things about me.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:29 AM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I'll address this in a PM directly to you. I never assumed anything about you don't go assuming things about me.
i never assumed anything, you asked a question, i answered. no need for a PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:45 AM
General Pimpin'

too late. you did assume that I didn't know you were black. and you did assume that I have never had injustice happen to me because I'm not. you did assume. and you did assume wrong.

you have no ****ing clue who I am or what I've grown up with.

Quick Reply: And it all begins... (car profiling by law enforcement)