And it all begins... (car profiling by law enforcement)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:02 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI CGM
Hey Shadow.... Have you been pulled over for your car? Have you had to pop your hood and trunk? Have you had to stand outside your car for 30 min while a dumbass cop tries to differentiate what is stock and not stock? Its a very less than pleasent experience.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:09 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
why did anyone even respond to shadowcat?

he posted once at the beginning and no one replied, so he posted again on that page and no one replied, so then on the second/third page people get into it with him

I'd just leave it alone

the article is definately a bunch of crap
Iclub has peaceful meets everywhere in the BAY

anyways, let's go streetracing guys!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Over and out!
Old 06-13-2006, 12:19 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI CGM
And people wonder why there is so much hostility towards cops.. its because they do stupid $hit like this...
Old 06-13-2006, 12:21 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by shadowcat
... You want to suggest a BETTER, more effective solution that addresses the problem completely? Please do. I'm willing to listen/read.
I've got one. California needs to stop paying law makers year round saleries. They like they're high 6 digit saleries so they continually make useless or of little use laws to keep their jobs and look like they're doing something. This in turn overloads our police force with crap they just can't enforce and distracts them from things that actually need addressing.

Things like our murder and violent crime rates. That cop that's busy around the corner popping someones hood for driving the speed limit and looking like a streetracer isn't paying much attention to the guy that's running down the street after just smacking someone skull in with a bat.

So instead of spending time and money solving murders and stopping violent crimes by actually SERVING AND PROTECTING they are busy writing tickets that they don't have any proof of wrong doing and pulling people over for having a loud exhaust god forbid. Which of these is really a threat to society.

you do a lot of tossing **** around. knocking people down and just attacking people. It's funny because if I'm getting what you're saying right you get your information second hand from "cops" and "mps" that you know and your only direct affiliation is that you are or were in the reserves? Funny that my little brother that is in the reserves and is an mp doesn't talk like that....though he does tend to talk out his *** every now and again...specially after a drill. And funny that I don't really talk like that even though I know a boat load of police all over the country and am related to shoot like 6 of them.

I personally see cell phones, face shields, poorly educated drivers, lacking drivers tests, no vehicle safety regulation tests, people driving 15mph under the speedlimit, trucks dropping **** all over the road, poorly maintained roads, etc. as all much more dangerous to daily driving than speeding or LOOKING like you speed or meeting in front of the donut shop talking **** and LOOKING like you might just go race. Tell you what.....go catch me racing then write me a ticket and treat me like ****. Don't pull me over while going 70mph and getting passed by buses and minivans and treat me like I'm an ******* street racer and a threat to your very existance.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:41 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Hey guys... instead of blaming the cops, blame the media *cough* F&F *cough* Because seriously, the only reason why they're increasing the crack down is because of the new movie's attention.

Put yourselves in the general public's shoes. A normal person, who is incompetent about performance cars, sees trailors and ads for movies such as F&F. Next, they see similar looking outrageous cars on the street. Due to their incompetence they try and put 1 + 1 together. What do they get? Targeting cars who seem like they will try and mimic, copy, perform anything in the movie. We all know how there are millions of idiots who will try and copy all the dumb **** done in the movie.

Look here: https://www.i-club.com/forums/rife-plazapalooza-151/fast-fobolous-3-a-137088/
"Over 100 cars were destroyed/wrecked during the filming of this movie." If professional drivers who drift for a living (pro drifters and rally drivers) took out that many cars, obviously any dumbass who tries to replicate it will probably do some dumb **** and put the general public at risk.

You guys can ***** and moan at the cops, yet it's not because of the cops that performance cars are getting targeted. How about you guys attack the source instead of the messanger?
Old 06-13-2006, 12:47 PM

Car Info: JCW CooperS 05
ShadowCat seriously how stupid can you be????? Why would you ever think these police departments are spending our tax dollars wisely?
Im actually shocked at your response here, why are you even on this forum in the first place? Maybe ShadowCat is a Nark from Millbrae...... ShadowCat are you part of the SM County Task force? Or maybe you are just super bitter over the fact that your Prius doesnt have enough after market parts... Get a bigger battery with some stickers and low profile tires, your $h!t will be flying then.... Maybe then you will be pulled over with the rest of us.

As most of know, Millbrae and Burlingame cops have nothing better to do, I guess this is a result
Old 06-13-2006, 01:00 PM

Car Info: 1990 thing
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Look here: https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137088
"Over 100 cars were destroyed/wrecked during the filming of this movie." If professional drivers who drift for a living (pro drifters and rally drivers) took out that many cars, obviously any dumbass who tries to replicate it will probably do some dumb **** and put the general public at risk.
Anybody know how many cars they planning on wrecking? Obviously there are some crashes that were scripted.

On another note, I've seen a lot of black and white Crown Victorias with obnoxious lighting and stickers lately, maybe they should get pulled over and have their hoods popped.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:02 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Talking

Originally Posted by jdepould
On another note, I've seen a lot of black and white Crown Victorias with obnoxious lighting and stickers lately, maybe they should get pulled over and have their hoods popped.

hahahaha
Old 06-13-2006, 01:04 PM

Car Info: 2004 USDM STI
Shadowcat is right. It is the law. Cops are just enforcing the law. The Germany SS were just enforcing the law, too, when they killed a few Jews back in the late 30s and early 40s. They were just doing their job, mindlessly following the orders from their insane superiors. If there was an i-club back then, Shadowcat would have said: Stop bitc*ing and move out of Europe, if you don't like being gassed, burned alive, or used as lab mice. Or stop looking like a Jew.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:19 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Look here: https://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137088

you should know there is alot of purposely done crash scenes in the movie, so I wouldn't say 100 cars got crashed by Rhys Millen and his dad, along with many other incredible drivers.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:29 PM

Car Info: 12 Impreza Wagon, RIP 91 Honda Civic Wagon :(
Don't you just LOVE profiling ... my little Honda Civic Wagon was covered in stickers and decals (sponsors, race & rallye events); larger exhaust; after market rims and larger tires. Plus all the goodies under the hood from the engine swap etc. Never got pulled over or ticketed for anything ... except for speeding! Gotta laugh. That's why I'll be replacing it with another sleeper.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:33 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan
Originally Posted by hatchy
Shadowcat is right. It is the law. Cops are just enforcing the law. The Germany SS were just enforcing the law, too, when they killed a few Jews back in the late 30s and early 40s. They were just doing their job, mindlessly following the orders from their insane superiors. If there was an i-club back then, Shadowcat would have said: Stop bitc*ing and move out of Europe, if you don't like being gassed, burned alive, or used as lab mice. Or stop looking like a Jew.
i think thats going a tad too far, but i like your point nonetheless.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX
NOne

This reply is after reading all the rest

Whats funny is that movie doesnt even take place in the United States. If anything Japans police force should be gearing up not San Mateo's or any other peninsula police force.

Low profile tires are perhaps the stupidist thing to be pulled over for because they come stock on the majority of cars today from corvettes to viper trucks, and the problem is a viper truck is not gonna have to pop his hood in a parking lot full of Subies and evos even though hes got straight back exahaust and an aftermarket supercharger.

As far as side shows being related to street racing i dont know but the main event in a side show is DONUTS as far as i know this is kind of hard to do with AWD.

COPS are COPS somebody said it they dont make laws they just do what theyre told and its easy to forget the faceless members of the legislative arm of California who make these frivilous laws to enforce.

in short miseducated reactionary cops + frivilous laws + media hype = DRIVE YOUR SECOND CAR until the stupid movie goes away

I think Everyone remembers what happened in SAN JOSE when the first FF came out, suddenly everyone was a street racer and there were CHP helicopters over N. First and people stuck out there til 6 AM
Old 06-13-2006, 02:05 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
Originally Posted by suby_dude
nick had a shirt idea....

"BAD COP!
no donut!"

sd

make that shirt and i'll buy the first one of each color you got!!

Quick Reply: And it all begins... (car profiling by law enforcement)