And it all begins... (car profiling by law enforcement)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
it was ---> LAST <--- friday and saturday people.....
Old 06-12-2006, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 04wrx
yeup last friday, a couple buddies and I were hanging outside starbucks in serramonte, and the cops just pulled in and started tellin everyone to pop their hoods....... oh all the cars were parked too. So everyone got scared and went home ha
Old 06-12-2006, 03:24 PM

Car Info: '05 Crystal Grey Metallic WRX Sport Wagon
Wink

Idiot cops...street racing and side shows are different...clearly they aren't down with E40
Old 06-12-2006, 03:26 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
i thought sideshows was an East bay thing..... you know, touching curbs, getting hyphy, and all that ****.....
Old 06-12-2006, 03:31 PM

Car Info: WRX STi
Originally Posted by resident smurf
Low profile tires? :rotfl:
theres only one reason for low profile tires.....Illegal street racing. Same with stickers...

It blows my mind that this cr@p is considered a good use of police resources.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:06 PM

"The operation is necessary not just for the obvious safety risks that street racing presents, but also because it is so closely tied to vehicle theft and high insurance rates."

ahh now I understand these guys are just doing us a favor, saving us a bunch of money on our car insurance by GIVING US MOTHERF@#%ING TICKETS.

"after-market parts that allow for faster acceleration and higher top speeds."

I guess they are forgetting the mods that allow me to brake in a lot less distance and suspension mods that allow me to stay on the road compared to your average family car.

We should go to San Mateo and drive 5mph under the speed limit, make sure to have video camera's and all that, a lawyer would be nice too.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:11 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Like I said, I'm gonna keep a blow up doll and a bunch of open condoms in my truck at all times just in case a cop pulls me over.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
Like I said, I'm gonna keep a blow up doll and a bunch of open condoms in my truck at all times just in case a cop pulls me over.
going to use the lotion in the condom trick? should get some whipped cream, handcuffs and a whip for good measure.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:34 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX PSM WAAGONE & 1967 vee dub squareback
Cops are so stupid! Subaru owners and sideshows just dont go together. Like I would throw all this money into a car just to spin my car around and around! Sorry my car is a bucket with spinners you buy @ pepboys!
Old 06-12-2006, 04:49 PM

Car Info: 2021 Ascent
i'm sorry.. i didn't know that lowering my car and putting on a rsb would allow for faster acceleration and higher top speeds. oh wait... must be my STi sticker. yea that sticker alone adds up another 50hp!

@_@
Old 06-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: a few WRX's and a Z ;)
even in that new movie CARS they hella bag on "import rides"...

i guess its now mainstream to hate on imports...

nick had a shirt idea....

"BAD COP!
no donut!"

sd
Old 06-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Chicks dig me. April Fool's!

Car Info: 1997 Impreza, 2014 BRZ
Man, that hella sucks. I guess I'll spread the word to let everyone know to be careful over the weekend.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:39 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by shadowcat
once again... not to be a wet blanket or anything but ... why is this bull****? seriously? The cops are attempting to do something (hell, I'm suprised they are even doing ANYTHING!), and my tax-paying *** is paying for them to do SOMETHING, so .. why is this bull****?

.. oh, and profiling is not "illegal"... racial profiling is. If they "profile" a group based on equipment, there's nothing illegal about it.

why is this bull****? you just said it yourself...YOU THE TAXPAYER are paying for this. Apparently you don't mind uneducated police officers wasteing your money by pulling people over that "look" like streetracers for no damn reason other than they "look" like streetracers and sending them to the state ref and to court further wasteing your tax dollars on tickets many of which will get thrown out because the cars are stock.

I used to drive a civic and spent about 6 months not being able to drive my car anywhere after midnight without getting pulled over because it apparently looked like a streetracer car.

I think it's bull**** because I don't see them pulling over trucks with 18 inch lifts that are breaking many more laws than my car breaks or modified mustangs, camaros, gtos, chargers, etc. It is only import cars and import cars alone.

At the truly dangerous side shows it's usually 70's american cars and early 90's mustangs and late 90's camaros that are making the ruckus and runnign people over and shooting guns into the air. not fwd civic and awd wrxs.

That is why it's bull****. It is targeting one individual set of vehicles.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:14 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
"But oftentimes a group of a dozen or so cars will meet at either the In-N-Out in Millbrae...."

I wonder who that could be....

https://www.i-club.com/forums/meetings-events-donuts-91/millbrae-weekly-meet-out-132591/

:rotfl:
Old 06-12-2006, 06:29 PM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
A guy on my other forum which is for Ford owners got nabbed in Daly City I think. Of of his violations was having 3" tips welded onto his exhaust pipes, they deemed that illegally modifying the exhaust, even though the Flowmastes were the part that modded the exhaust I also saw on the news Fri night that they were pulling over Mustangs, and camaros as well, one guy got ticketed for 8mm Ford Racing spark plugs, I forget what the cop said, but yeah I won't be driving through those towns anytime soon in my car

-Gio

Quick Reply: And it all begins... (car profiling by law enforcement)