Alameda Co.: Bay Bridge Fatal Crash Suspect Bails Out Pending Charges

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 05:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by En3D
My assumption is that that is the total bail amount. there are two ways to post bail.

1) you or someone you know post bail (the entire amount) In this case, the money probably does not have to be verified since this is not a crime that involves money (drug dealer, money laundry, gambling, etc). they get the 100% back eventually.

2) bail bond. the bondsman will post 100% and the accused or party will pay the bondsman 10%. this 10% belongs to the bondsman. bondsman will eventually get 100% of his posted bond back if the accused is back in court.
cool, thanks for the info. i didn't know this.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:47 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
Originally Posted by chinoyboi
BAD BOY BAIL BONDS!
cuz y0 mama want you home!
Old 08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Wish they'd nail him to a cross, but it's CA. He'll get a smack on the wrist and have his Xbox privileges revoked for a week.
my friend killed my other friend in a DUI accident and hes been in RITA for the past 2 years and nobody even wanted to press charges except for the state.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:18 AM

Car Info: civic
Originally Posted by kspek
my friend killed my other friend in a DUI accident and hes been in RITA for the past 2 years and nobody even wanted to press charges except for the state.
i remember that...rip.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:30 PM

Car Info: 08 sti
I'm not condoning this guy's actions, or asking anyone to change their opinions. This is simply a rant. I know the guy in the subie, not through I-club, or car meets or anything. He's my friend's best friend. He's a really nice guy, I never heard him say anything bad about anyone. He's the last person I would expect to do something like this, I've never even seen him drink and I've never seen him drive over 70mph. Thinking of it optimistically people drive pretty slow on the bay bridge, I could easily see someone going 80+ in a rush and a car pulling in front of someone. Of course you cant excuse him for drinking and driving(or speeding), and I'm not going to. At the very most I'm just hoping we can all learn something from this unfortunate event, and maybe get some cheap Subaru parts. We all know its easy to be vindicative towards the wrongdoings of someone we dont know, as I hope people can be forgiving for the wrong doings of someone they don't know.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Vhalin
I'm not condoning this guy's actions, or asking anyone to change their opinions. This is simply a rant. I know the guy in the subie, not through I-club, or car meets or anything. He's my friend's best friend. He's a really nice guy, I never heard him say anything bad about anyone. He's the last person I would expect to do something like this, I've never even seen him drink and I've never seen him drive over 70mph. Thinking of it optimistically people drive pretty slow on the bay bridge, I could easily see someone going 80+ in a rush and a car pulling in front of someone. Of course you cant excuse him for drinking and driving(or speeding), and I'm not going to. At the very most I'm just hoping we can all learn something from this unfortunate event, and maybe get some cheap Subaru parts. We all know its easy to be vindicative towards the wrongdoings of someone we dont know, as I hope people can be forgiving for the wrong doings of someone they don't know.
Can't be nice about drinking and driving... just just so dangerous!
Old 08-20-2008, 12:39 AM

Car Info: sc300
i dont mind drinking and driving as long as you stay away from my neighborhood.. and anyone's neighborhood i know.. or any of theirs friends' neighborhoods..

nm.. drinking and driving is dumb
Old 08-20-2008, 12:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
I think if you are in trouble for something like this, bail should not be an option until you're found innocent.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:45 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Can't be nice about drinking and driving... just just so dangerous!
yup, I used to drink and drive when I was younger... 17/18yrs old even into being 21.

But I am 24 now and can say I won't even have a beer and drive right after just because of the risk of getting pulled over. Not to mention the risk of drinking more and possibly killing someone who is someones wife/son/husband/father/brother/sister/mom/daughter...

you get the point.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:44 AM

Car Info: '05 LGT
Who's to say he was drunk? .08 isn't even a buzz. A real drunk probably won't even hit 100mph!

The wreckless driving is another thing. Driving like an idiot is and should be a crime whether you're drunk or sober. **** MADD!