aftermarket rear bumper, are there any cool ones?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 02:14 PM

Car Info: Panty Buncher
aftermarket rear bumper, are there any cool ones?

recommendations for an aftermarket bumper for my bugeye. preferably OE quality plastic not fiberglass. something with a diffuser or something would be cool. My friend rear ended me and I'm exploring options
Old 12-20-2010, 02:16 PM

zerosports one is really nice, dunno if it's fiberglass or anything.

Edit: oh wait, those are for the 06-07 models, sorry.

Last edited by TurnWRX; 12-20-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:22 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
i'd stick with oem bumpers and add a lip/aprons.. oem panels really are quality

you can go the sti rear route if you like that look
Old 12-20-2010, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by subaru3169
i'd stick with oem bumpers and add a lip/aprons.. oem panels really are quality

you can go the sti rear route if you like that look
the oem is expensive and I'm trying to go easy on my buddy. I don't want to wait around looking for a used one, I've been looking for 2 weeks already
Old 12-20-2010, 02:46 PM

it's gonna be pricey either way tbh.. not only is it the cost of the bumper itself, paint can be just as much

i'd say painting a bumper is roughly 200-250.. but if you buy a cheap aftermarket bumper, the quality is usually not as good so it'll just not look good later on

to keep it simple, oem is the simplest way to go.. if it's just the bumper that's damaged and nothing else, just prep for 500 total for something like that
Old 12-20-2010, 03:22 PM

it's gonna be pricey either way tbh.. not only is it the cost of the bumper itself, paint can be just as much

i'd say painting a bumper is roughly 200-250.. but if you buy a cheap aftermarket bumper, the quality is usually not as good so it'll just not look good later on

to keep it simple, oem is the simplest way to go.. if it's just the bumper that's damaged and nothing else, just prep for 500 total for something like that
dude do you have a suggestion for an aftermarket bumper or not? otherwise your input really isn't needed.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:35 PM

i guess not then, have fun
Old 12-20-2010, 03:48 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I looked into the aftermarket bumpers before for my 05 and they're all fairly expensive. The only ones I found that had a rear diffuser were the chargespeed ones. Im sure they make one for bugeyes too but the cost was something like $1300. To be honest you're better off buying an APR diffuser for 350ish used rather than shelling out that much money for the chargespeed one unless you happen to really like their style.

Just about any decent aftermarket rear bumper you're looking at about 500-600 for the bumper and then the paint. If youre trying to save your friend money, I suggest just buying a used one from someone parting out their car or try to have yours repaired like I did.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:50 PM

Car Info: wrx02

This is the best advice regarding your question. OEM fit perfect and last longer than a cheap bodykit.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Just about any decent aftermarket rear bumper you're looking at about 500-600 for the bumper and then the paint. If youre trying to save your friend money, I suggest just buying a used one from someone parting out their car or try to have yours repaired like I did.
this price is fine. any cool bumpers you've seen personally?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:10 PM

Car Info: WRX
Good time to upgrade to some 04+ taillights to.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by VTRZA
dude do you have a suggestion for an aftermarket bumper or not? otherwise your input really isn't needed.
wooow
Old 12-20-2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
wooow
lol k guy, look I wasn't born yesterday. I've spent 7 years in auto repair and know what my options as far as stock are go and what body work and paint costs. That's why I asked about aftermarket and if anyone has seen any cool ones. If you have any suggestions for aftermarket(as the thread title states) I'd be glad to hear them Herb.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:15 PM

Car Info: 04 java black pearl sti/06 honda ruckus
You should get a sweet one
Old 12-20-2010, 05:19 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I'd imagine that just getting the Rear Bumper section of one of the aftermarket kits might look pretty strange without the rest of the kit (depending on what other body parts are already on your car).

Examples:
Zerosports
SYMS
INGS+
Tommy Kaira
C-West
etc.

None of the above are really all that cheap though (at least not based on the pricing I have seen).

Realistically, the rear bumper section is about the only section of my car that I MIGHT be okay with getting a FRP style setup for as it should see less rocks and debris thus less likely to have something damage it. Granted you still have to be careful backing up (and probably wouldn't want to go off road with it), but for most city and freeway type driving it might be okay. However, I do agree that if there is a Urethane type bumper I would definitely take that over a FRP setup just for the added durability.

Quick Reply: aftermarket rear bumper, are there any cool ones?