8 teams to leave F1 next year!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:41 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 99 legacy gt
I thought they were trying to bring in more teams to F1 not chacing the vets and the curent champship leader out. if this happens there will be no F1 at all, with no Brawn GP, Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, Toyota, BMW Sauber, Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso who the **** are we spouse to watch force inda some one needs to go over there and pull Mosley's head out of his ***
Old 06-19-2009, 10:43 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
well hmm USF1 team might have a chance now hehe
Old 06-19-2009, 10:43 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Bernie literally dared FOTA last week with all of his "I'd like to see them even try to do what I can do" BS.

As if he's the only asshat on the planet that can write a TV contract or rent a series of expensive race facilities for a week each.

Max and Bernie both have had their days of glory, they need to take their billions of euro's and just go away.

They've been doing their damnedest to destroy the WRC the last couple of years and this move really should seal their fate.

Last edited by psoper; 06-19-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:11 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
so far the teams that are goign to race in 2010 is what williams,force inidia, USF1, campos and wat?
Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 AM
9 to 5 mod

htey have a few new teams coming on
Old 06-19-2009, 11:28 AM

Car Info: 06 wrx
well N. technology and lola pulled their application
Old 06-19-2009, 03:11 PM

Car Info: 2004 sti WRBluuu
Seriously though, Max is ****face, someone mentioned how he's even effing up WRC now as well. What do I care about the budget caps??? This offends people that the teams spend money?? They employ **** loads of people and bring in huge crowds to tracks and localities all over the world. If F1 is supposed to be the cutting edge of motor racing then the teams should be allowed to use all their resources shouldn't they?? I'm not saying you can't change the formula occasionally to compensate for one team dominating but wtf, F1 is supposed to push the envelope of automotive engineering and if you take that away, you might as well put them on ****ty oval tracks and so I can forget it ever existed, like irl/cart...
Old 06-19-2009, 03:13 PM

Old 06-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
WOW! That's awful! How can they do that? Is this the end of F1? I mean, that's like Subaru, Mitsubishi, and all the other main competitors pulling out of the WRC! That'd be the end of the WRC, no one would watch it anymore!

How can they rape F1 like this? Isn't F1 the most popular motorsports venue on the planet? The equivalent of soccer? How can F1 exist without the 8 main players?

I'm really confused here... What's going to happen to those teams? Are they going to start their own league? If they pulled out to start their own venue to get away from the lame *** ownership, then I fully understand, but if they are just pulling out because they no longer have interest in this sort of thing, then I'm lose as hell!

Someone please fill me in!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by warchildSTI
Seriously though, Max is ****face, someone mentioned how he's even effing up WRC now as well. What do I care about the budget caps??? This offends people that the teams spend money?? They employ **** loads of people and bring in huge crowds to tracks and localities all over the world. If F1 is supposed to be the cutting edge of motor racing then the teams should be allowed to use all their resources shouldn't they?? I'm not saying you can't change the formula occasionally to compensate for one team dominating but wtf, F1 is supposed to push the envelope of automotive engineering and if you take that away, you might as well put them on ****ty oval tracks and so I can forget it ever existed, like irl/cart...
w3rd, I agree 100%, who gives a crap about how much they spend, no matter how great the car is and how much money they spend on their cars and advertising, you can't make your driver better by paying him more money, and they can't change physics with money. Who cares about their budget. If the money mattered, the team spending the most would dominate every single race in every event, but that doesn't seem to happen now, does it?
Old 06-19-2009, 03:40 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by brucelee
w3rd, I agree 100%, who gives a crap about how much they spend, no matter how great the car is and how much money they spend on their cars and advertising, you can't make your driver better by paying him more money, and they can't change physics with money. Who cares about their budget. If the money mattered, the team spending the most would dominate every single race in every event, but that doesn't seem to happen now, does it?
actually they did have some stuff in thier cars they took out

you and i could drive the damn thing and win

traction control that was GPS based. aka you drive to the corner and the car knows how much grip is in each exact corner at what place so you couldnt spin haha or over shoot it
Old 06-19-2009, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
actually they did have some stuff in thier cars they took out

you and i could drive the damn thing and win

traction control that was GPS based. aka you drive to the corner and the car knows how much grip is in each exact corner at what place so you couldnt spin haha or over shoot it
Ha! I'd like to see you beat a real WRC racer!

Electronics may be cool, but some drivers hate them and think that having a simple car that the driver controls 100% is much better, and I agree with them. Lets not forget about how electronics fail and the reliability of the cars. If your car can't run you can't finish/win!
Old 06-19-2009, 04:13 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by brucelee
Ha! I'd like to see you beat a real WRC racer!

Electronics may be cool, but some drivers hate them and think that having a simple car that the driver controls 100% is much better, and I agree with them. Lets not forget about how electronics fail and the reliability of the cars. If your car can't run you can't finish/win!
launch control gets you started faster than if you do it yourself in an F1 car

traction control (the one F1 had) is faster than the fastest driver

so you can have your 100% control and be at teh back while you get passed by force india
Old 06-19-2009, 04:55 PM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
all about the benjamin$ & economics, people. it sucks, but, honestly, you could see this coming from miles away. ...surprised it took this long.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by CLsmooth71
all about the benjamin$ & economics, people. it sucks, but, honestly, you could see this coming from miles away. ...surprised it took this long.
i dont understand your comment, bc no one stands to make any more money by creating a budget cap. The teams are pissed bc Max Mosley wants to cap expenses at 45mil euro and that's pretty much pocket change in F1 terms. F1 has had the sickest technology for the past 60 years bc the teams could invest without restriction in pretty much anything they wanted. A lot of the sweetest technologies in all our modern day sports cars started off in F1. Nobody wins in this situation. The way to keep the racing fair is through the formula(the restrictions on the car), not by effing with the teams ability to be resourceful...

Quick Reply: 8 teams to leave F1 next year!!