71 yr old man stops attempted robbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by glenspen
I think that before you are allowed a license you should prove that you can spell license
Lucky for the rest of us that value freedom and are not hard core libtard socalists, that is not the case.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:20 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by Overbear
Lucky for the rest of us that value freedom and are not hard core libtard socalists, that is not the case.
He's a ****!

Grammar ****!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Originally Posted by Overbear
Sort of half right...

Each county (sherriff) has discression if they issue or not, but once you have a lisence, no city/county can alter the rules of that lisence.

So, say you get your lisence in alameda county(Good luck ) san francisco city can't say boo to you as long as you folow the CA laws for CCW. There is no opt out in this state, so signs that say "no guns" unless on a federal/state building or 1000 feet of a school are invalid, and so on.
My county allows it, and our sheriff encourages it (I rent in the bay area, home is somewhere else). My house is in an unincorporated area so I can carry and fire my guns all I like on my property.

I know that a CCW allows you to legally carry anywhere in the state (with the obvious noted exceptions). The problem is getting one In the event that you have to USE it such as in the incident in this thread, city ordinances come into play. Which is why the article's title is "charges unlikely against the old guy". He had a concealed carry permit for where he was, however discharging a firearm or even brandishing one is what is actually illegal in most cities; not owning or having one on you, providing you have a permit.

Last edited by 04GG; 07-19-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:22 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by 04GG
My county allows it, and our sheriff encourages it (I rent in the bay area, home is somewhere else). My house is in an unincorporated area so I can carry and fire my guns all I like on my property.

I know that a CCW allows you to legally carry anywhere in the state (with the obvious noted exceptions). The problem is getting one In the event that you have to USE it such as in the incident in this thread, city ordinances come into play. Which is why the article's title is "charges unlikely against the old guy". He had a concealed carry permit for where he was, however discharging a firearm or even brandishing one is what is actually illegal in most cities; not owning or having one on you, providing you have a permit.
Did you know we also have no duty to retreat in this state. We may "stand our ground" and use "whatever force is nessessary up to and including lethal force". The real kicker here is, in CA, if you do use a gun, the DA can only charge you for murder/atempted murder (no lesser charges as I undersand it), and THEY must prove you were NOT in fear of your life. So, you take the stand, say "I was in fear of my life/life of someone else" and you walk.

But...we do not have the protection from civil cases like most states do.