65mph in a 65 = no front plate and state ref

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Yeah. My exhaust will be loud in the near future, so I am keeping the stickers off, no front tint, plates on. Trying to appear as legal as I can
Old 02-18-2005, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by dan avoN7
lol just my luck. driving home today on 680 going 65 in traffic, chp pulls along side me and then slows and gets behind me signalling to pull over. I had my windows down the whole time and he asks to roll them up. Then he tells me i'm getting a ticket for no front plate, tint, and modified exhaust. All i have on my car right now is a catback for exhaust, all 3 stock cats are on the car. I even told him that and that he could look under the car and see they are all there.

Oh well at least it will be easy to put the stock intake and intercooller back on, sorta worrying about the turbo inlet hose because I dont have a stock one to put back on. Anyone think i will have a problem passing state ref with a red inlet?

Hah this hella sucks, my new turbo setup and exhaust just came in also.

what's the VC number for the exhaust?
Old 02-18-2005, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
what's the VC number for the exhaust?
i think it's 27151 for modified exhaust

where on 680 were you pulled over? I'm on 680 all the time shoot (around Berryessa til the 101 ramp).. now I gotta keep an eye out. I usually don't drive like ***... but as you said, you weren't either.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by sonicsuby
Yeah. My exhaust will be loud in the near future, so I am keeping the stickers off, no front tint, plates on. Trying to appear as legal as I can
stealth is the way to go. i got several tickets and pulled over even more times and was modded beyond the point of legal (and very loud for a while) and was never even questioned about mods. i guess being a cracka in his late 20's with a stock appearing car has it's benefits.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:19 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by 02BlackWRX
If I was a cop and I saw a rich white kid who looked like you driving around trying to act black i'd probably try to find a reason to pull you over as well.
I'm not racist, but I had 3 black guys all wearin' doo rags, in a primered-wrecked 5.0 pull a fly by on me on 80 west near vallejo a little while ago doin' like 90+ in the slow lane, weavin' in and out of traffic while smoking a blunt. WTF? why they gotta pick on you. I don't get it.

Originally Posted by Oaf
No front plate = illegal.
Two screws would've saved quite a hassle.
Yeah, that's why I put mine back on. I never see a vette with a front plate. I guess you don't get hassled too much if you're over 55 though.

Last edited by VIBEELEVEN; 02-19-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx, 05 Elise, 14 Impreza, 17 brz coming soon
you will NOT pass state ref with the red inlet hose, you cant even have black samco ic hoses. EVERYTHING must be stock and should be like it is from factory. unless your lucky and state ref doesnt notice something..
Old 02-19-2005, 01:41 AM
2006 Mt Hammy Car Show Winner

Car Info: Black 03 WRX, White 04 E46 M3
Originally Posted by SCOOBYDOOD
i think it's 27151 for modified exhaust

where on 680 were you pulled over? I'm on 680 all the time shoot (around Berryessa til the 101 ramp).. now I gotta keep an eye out. I usually don't drive like ***... but as you said, you weren't either.
I was pulled over right before crow canyon going north.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:53 AM

Is this gonna slow u down in doin ur planned upgrades?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:01 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: 2005 LGT wagon
Originally Posted by VIBEELEVEN
I'm not racist, but I had 3 black guys all wearin' doo rags, in a primered-wrecked 5.0 pull a fly by on me on 80 west near vallejo a little while ago doin' like 90+ in the slow lane, weavin' in and out of traffic while smoking a blunt. WTF? why they gotta pick on you. I don't get it.

Yeah, that's why I put mine back on. I never see a vette with a front plate. I guess you don't get hassled too much if you're over 55 though.
Pulling the homies over would be seen as racial proooofiling.
For what it's worth, RC51Driver loves pulling over 'vettes with no front plate.
The old white men get all pissy, complaining about wrecking the front bumper.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:15 AM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Originally Posted by RussB
i guess being a cracka in his late 20's has it's benefits.
Yea, must be nice...
Old 02-19-2005, 08:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Well do you have to go to the state ref for sure? like zoeb was yours a state ref one or just a fixit?
Old 02-19-2005, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by MARKSTI
Is this gonna slow u down in doin ur planned upgrades?
i hope not, i'm going to call the number for the state ref and see when i can set an appointment, hopefully this week. Then by next weekend I will isntall everything. Hah i guess in a way im lucky i got it now while im back to all stock parts instead of after i put a ton of parts on.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:57 AM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by blue blurr
Well do you have to go to the state ref for sure? like zoeb was yours a state ref one or just a fixit?
Davon will have to go to the state ref for sure, yes.

Mine was just a fix it.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:31 AM

Car Info: 05 Impreza CGM
hmm.. crow canyon rd? guy must have been bored to death.

I got stopped for front tinted windows before. I got rid of them. Not worth the hassle.
Also put your front tag on. It is also not worth the hassle.

This way you will remove two major reasons to even look at you.

By the way is your cat back really loud? A cat back is not a CARB item unless it is loud (over 96db)

The officer does not have to look at anything. He just writes the ticket and the burden of proof is on you to prove you abide by the law(in regards to modified exhaust). (now how about that for being innocent until proven guilty.)

cheers

nick
Old 02-19-2005, 10:35 AM

The catback is normally pretty loud without cats but with all the cats on it's just a really smooth somewhat throaty exhaust. If you are driving next to me on the freeway with your windows up you will not hear the exhaust at all, thats why i was couldn't believe it when he said he could hear my exhaust. I told him all the cats where on the car and if he would like i could start the car up for him (i turned it off before he approached the car) and he could hear that it's not loud. He didn't care to look to see if there were cats or bother with anything else, he just said "it's up to the ref to decide" The exhaust has a pretty large tip though so thats most likely why he sighted me for the exhaust.

Quick Reply: 65mph in a 65 = no front plate and state ref