500 million dollar loan to telsa from feds, obammer

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:19 AM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Originally Posted by bayAreaSuby06
Word.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:29 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Any stimulus that the Obama so called "creates" ends up losing 3-4 jobs because of the rising costs for private/small business that they are creating. So essentially they are undoing capitalism piece by piece. You can add it all up either way you want, every time Obama says he creates a job, they are pummeling another 3-4 at the same time. That obviously shoots unemployment up.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:33 AM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Well at least a California company is getting money from the feds. $hit, Cali gives up soo much money to the fed and we get back squat. We get raped so hard when it comes to what the fed pieces us with. Something like the ratio of what we give/receive is the lowest of any state.

Good to hear some money is coming to the left coast.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobySon
Well at least a California company is getting money from the feds. $hit, Cali gives up soo much money to the fed and we get back squat. We get raped so hard when it comes to what the fed pieces us with. Something like the ratio of what we give/receive is the lowest of any state.

The processes of every state exists the same. California is huge, and therefore our economy is booming, and so the deficits are shown as the greatest of all states. Other states are following the same manor, just at a fraction of our debt. Again, this relates all back to the government and Fed Reserve who are setting their interest rates so low that people get "drunk" and use it as good business, but once someone fails, such as the equity of many homes this is how it looks.

California is the same as all states, just at a larger scale. The thing that is wrong is the Fed and the Government, those need to be fixed before anything else is fixed.

It's like the government is the guy on the camels back, and California (more likely all states) is the camel always chasing something they can't catch. Saying that california needs to fix their problems is more like teaching the camel that food is bad. It won't happen, but the teasing of such food could stop and that's the governments job.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:44 AM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by ScoobySon

Yeah, I guess. But, its still money we don't have/shouldn't be spending to bail out private companies.

We're banking on sunny skies with nothing but black clouds on the horizon.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Yeah, I guess. But, its still money we don't have/shouldn't be spending to bail out private companies.

We're banking on sunny skies with nothing but black clouds on the horizon.
There should be no such thing as BAILING OUT ANY COMPANY. Let them fail, they were going to fail anyways, throwing money at a failing business is throwing marbles in a bag with a huge hole at the bottom...

People don't understand that a RECESSION IS a GOOD thing, it cleanses the economy of companies that SHOULDN'T exist, and leaves the companies who know how to conduct business... and therefore still making a profit more margin to grow.

But what does Obama do? He heavily taxes the companies who are succeeding, making it more difficult for them to grow. Can't hire or expand their business as easily, and for WHAT? To give it to the companies who failed. Dumb really.

Who would you rather trust? Failing huge corporate banks who were going to go bankrupt within the last year, or a small business who COULD have taken over the bank once they filed for bankruptcy, who even in this crap economy knew a way to create good business and prosper.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:31 AM

Car Info: 2000 Tacoma Pre-Runner 4 Cyl.
I think Tesla was right when they wrote that song, Signs signs, everywhere there signs. These are not the good signs you wnat to be seeing either Hooray for Obama everybody say it with me,

One
Big
Mistake
America!

-Gio
Old 06-25-2009, 11:41 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by East Bay STI
I think Tesla was right when they wrote that song, Signs signs, everywhere there signs. These are not the good signs you wnat to be seeing either Hooray for Obama everybody say it with me,

One
Big
Mistake
America!

-Gio
https://www.i-club.com/forums/teh-politics-forum-114/i-saw-paul-today-204660/
Old 06-25-2009, 11:57 AM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by East Bay STI
I think Tesla was right when they wrote that song, Signs signs, everywhere there signs.
ARRRGGHHH!!!!! you kids have NO IDEA about even recent history, for cryin' out loud!
THAT SONG WAS A COVER FROM 1970!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signs_(...cal_Band_song))

The only parts Tesla "wrote" were where they put the word '" f&*%in'" in.

Last edited by psoper; 06-25-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:01 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
why did we give them a loan though, i just dont understand. they arent a fundamental company, not deeply rooted like other companies, i.e. AIG, big auto companies. I just dont understand why we would give them money to develope more super expensive all electric cars

electric cars are nto useful, they take for ever to charge, have a small distance they can travel. and to build them and charge them usuing elctricity is almost as bad as a regular car (see top gear episode abotu it)

where as the hydrogen car is gonna be amazing, fills up liek a gasoline car, goes the same distance, look normal.

i just dont understand what our gov't is thinking when it does dumb **** liek that
Old 06-25-2009, 12:03 PM

Car Info: 2006 WRX STI
Originally Posted by iLoqin
The processes of every state exists the same. California is huge, and therefore our economy is booming, and so the deficits are shown as the greatest of all states. Other states are following the same manor, just at a fraction of our debt. Again, this relates all back to the government and Fed Reserve who are setting their interest rates so low that people get "drunk" and use it as good business, but once someone fails, such as the equity of many homes this is how it looks.

California is the same as all states, just at a larger scale. The thing that is wrong is the Fed and the Government, those need to be fixed before anything else is fixed.

It's like the government is the guy on the camels back, and California (more likely all states) is the camel always chasing something they can't catch. Saying that california needs to fix their problems is more like teaching the camel that food is bad. It won't happen, but the teasing of such food could stop and that's the governments job.
I would beg to differ. Had a Political Science teacher that worked in DC and is pretty known out there. She proved that the Cali budgets for a certain amount that we have been normally receiving from the feds, and it keeps getting lower then what we budget for based on the previous years. This looks like its happening at a state tax level with us budgeting for the "normal" amount the state receives, but whats actual is less than predicted and forces Cali to cut everything.

But, honestly, I dont know any details, just an IT guy.

The authors of the book she teaches from are her friends, and is the only book I enjoyed reading involving Politics.

The Irony of Democracy
Old 06-25-2009, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Originally Posted by psoper
Dude, you are so off I can hardly believe it- B. Franklin had been dead for 150 years before N. Tesla was even born.

Nobody can "patent" electricity- and nobody has, it is a force of nature that was here before humans even existed.

I appreciate your admiration for your fellow Croatian's genius, but could you please quit slagging on our American founding father please, and please have a clue about what you are talking about.

Marconi and Edison were Tesla's contemporaries, Marconi borrowed Tesla's concepts and was issued a patent on wireless communication, which was later overturned and awarded to Tesla, Edison waged a long hard battle promoting DC rather than AC for electrical power distribution, but Tesla and his benefactor Westinghouse won that one too.

As for the Tesla Roadster- I'd say 200-250 miles is a pretty decent range, 0-60 in under 4 seconds is quicker than pretty much anything else you can get for under 100 grand, and when gas gets back up around $5/gallon, I'd much rather have one of those to tool around the bay area with than either of my gas burners.

Anybody who has 100G to spend on a 2 seater probably has another car or two for trips out of state anyway.

If I could afford one I'd have one.

Oh and this loan isn't for building more roadsters, it is so they can ramp up their new electric 4 seater which is supposed to come in under 50G, a little more practical and more affordable.
LMAO. Pete thank you for being the voice of reason. I read that post and was like "WTF is he talking about." Dan what grade did you get on that paper?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Tesla is a very innovative company that is leading the way for the next generation of automakers, they normally would have been getting this loan from a regular bank, and venture capital, but since they are all tied up in this TARP crap- which, in case you obama haters have forgotten already-Bush's boy Hank Paulson shoved down their throats- none of them are making these kinds of loans right now.

Telsa will put that money to use employing contractors to build their plant and workers to staff it, and they will pay back their loan, on time, and with interest which is more than I can say any of the beneficiaries of the Paulson plan seem to be doing so far.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
I think it should still be funded by private investors. The gov has no business providing funds for RD through a private company on tax payer dimes. We all know there are other alternatives that should be funded for future development. Clean diesel, hydrogen, ethanol, etc. The electric car is still a long way off and it still requires energy to be produced else where. Retrofits for trucking fleets, trains, mass transit would help a lot. The feds are still playing up an end game scenario with this whole global warming crap. The fact of the matter is there are no facts. Making better, cleaner more efficient use out of what we have will net much greater benefits than funding premature technologies.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by ipozestu
I think it should still be funded by private investors. The gov has no business providing funds for RD through a private company on tax payer dimes. We all know there are other alternatives that should be funded for future development. Clean diesel, hydrogen, ethanol, etc. The electric car is still a long way off and it still requires energy to be produced else where. Retrofits for trucking fleets, trains, mass transit would help a lot. The feds are still playing up an end game scenario with this whole global warming crap. The fact of the matter is there are no facts. Making better, cleaner more efficient use out of what we have will net much greater benefits than funding premature technologies.
Agreed. Actually I think there is a global cooling going around, it's moving toward the southern hemisphere, the northern part of the United States are seeing slightly cooler temps than last year, and the line is slowly moving south. There is no evidence of global warming.

Then you have to take pollution and man made pollution. It's great to reuse energy, there isn't anything wrong with that, but the bigger question is... what % are man made items compared to everything else that is natural?

Environmentalists differ on the opinion, some say that humans are maybe 10-20% some say we're .001%. If the odds of us changing things are so minuscule, then we really are blowing air at combating global warming.

#1 Ocean
#2 Land
#3 Internal combustible engine

The question is, how much % out of the whole pie do we really have control over? There is a lot of land, and a lot of ocean that humans have no control over.

Quick Reply: 500 million dollar loan to telsa from feds, obammer