4-2-05 mt. hammy drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 11:58 PM

Car Info: a prius, a miata, & 2 m3's
Thumbs up 4-2-05 mt. hammy drive

awesome drive guys! we should have another one sometime soon.

the park ranger sucked. pulled two of us over for no front plate and then gave us a lecture about how the real reason he stopped us. said that when he sees more than one of the same car he knows there's some sort of group drive and they're always driving irresponsibly. haha. we were going 20mph because we were stuck behind a camry, too. at least he didn't give us both tickets. *thumbs down*

anyway, here are the pics...

Name:  IMG_0052.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  74.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0054.jpg
Size:  35.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0055.jpg
Size:  24.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0066.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  31.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0090.jpg
Size:  45.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0096.jpg
Size:  47.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0114.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  35.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0115.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  24.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0116.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  28.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0126.jpg
Size:  35.0 KB

Sean

Last edited by resident smurf; 04-03-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:59 PM

omg just because my server's called $hitsa it bleeped out my links. one sec.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:07 AM
VIP Member

Here are some of my pics.

:banana:
Old 04-03-2005, 12:10 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by resident smurf
awesome drive guys! we should have another one sometime soon.

the park ranger sucked. pulled two of us over for no front plate and then gave us a lecture about how the real reason he stopped us. said that when he sees more than one of the same car he knows there's some sort of group drive and they're always driving irresponsibly. haha. *thumbs down*
Ah sorry to hear you guys got pulled over. At least you guys didn't get tickets right?

:banana:
Old 04-03-2005, 12:14 AM

yeah, no tickets, but the ranger went on for quite awhile about how it takes an hour and a half for an ambulance to get up the mountain, etc.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:46 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
that cop is actually really nice, he is just looking out for us.

Even though I was not part of the drive, I drove down with you guys... with no front plate.
As I passed the cop he was talking to a guy in the black jeep, he looked at the front of my car, and kept starring at me as I passed. He never made any motion for me to stop or anything though, and I almost came to a complete stop right next to him.

My girlfriend says to me "I think he stopped your friends for driving too fast"
and I say "No hunny, he didn't write them tickets, too little time. I bet he stopped them for no front plates".
Last year he made an announcement at the mt. hami meet that he was going to let us off this time about not having front plates, but we need to NOT cross the double yellow lines cause he will give out tickets for that.
Its the same cop everyday, he has probably the easiest job of any police department. But he is the only nice san jose cop I have met.

Moral of the story:
watch out for the Mt. Hamilton Police officer if you cross the lines with no front plates.

Last edited by mattsn0w; 04-03-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
that park ranger all in all is a easy going guy... id rather him hassle me for lame **** and not give me a ticket any day...

im sure hes replacement is going to be worst (lets hope not)
edgar,

BTW what side of the mountain were you on when you got pulled over? was it before the observation tower? or on the back side coming down into Pleasanton?
Old 04-03-2005, 11:00 AM

the front I guess, the san jose side, come down passing the Mt. Hami BBQ spot.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:19 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX-W
It was a fun drive over all!! I kind of took a different rout than you guys on the way back (i am the blue wagon) and there were no cars all the way down and the road look familiar to the ones on initial-d and the road seemed to be just paved not long ago fun drive i think the st name was Quimby Rd or something like that anyways nice pics and glad that no one got a ticket!!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:20 AM

yeah I dunno. I was literally driving 20mph behind a camry on the right side of the road and while it was nice of him not to write us tickets, it was still pretty lame that he pulled us over for that in the first place.

he *presumed* our guilt, which puts him constitutionally in the wrong. just because I drive the car I do and am the age I am, he assumed I was driving improperly... I would have been ok with it if he didn't use no front plates as an excuse to pull us over to talk to us about something else.

i'm gonna rig together a front plate mount now and take off this stupid looking STi wing. I'm really tired of being singled out. when I drive a Prius with front tint and no front plate, I never get any attention from the police. When I drive the STi abiding by all the traffic laws in the book, I get pulled over for stuff like this.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by resident smurf

i'm gonna rig together a front plate mount now and take off this stupid looking STi wing.
Berry or Eric, call dibs!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:32 AM

when ever get an STi I am keeping the wing, maybe swap it out for a spec C wing or something like what SD has.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by mcdrama
As I passed the cop he was talking to a guy in the black jeep, he looked at the front of my car, and kept starring at me as I passed. He never made any motion for me to stop or anything though, and I almost came to a complete stop right next to him.

lol same here. I was leading the pack from the top to the middle section, going somewhat fast. Then I see in a corner an STi and wrx parked in the corner (couldn't see the cop or his suv yet). I was like "cool they're waiting for us"

So I slowed down to 20 mph, and then suddenly I see a cop standing right next to the 2 imprezas. I was in neutral the whole time and stayed in neutral. As I see the cop, he sees me and stares at me like what he did to you. I almost pulled over as well because of that look he gave me

So the whole time down the mountain I maintained a slow pace of 20-25 mph not wanting to get another ticket.

So as we crawled down the mountain with 3 wrx's (me, berry and eric), a white evo with exhausts going up the mountain, sees us, passes us, then proceeds to make a U-turn. I guess he wanted to chase us

So after about 10-15 minutes of following us at 25 mph, the evo turned off somewhere or went back up the mountain hahahaha
Old 04-03-2005, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
a white evo with exhausts going up the mountain, sees us, passes us, then proceeds to make a U-turn. I guess he wanted to chase us

So after about 10-15 minutes of following us at 25 mph, the evo turned off somewhere or went back up the mountain hahahaha
He turned off at quimby.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:31 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
that last picture was really nice. i have a question, do they still use the observatory? is it still in use? and when does the road/mt hammy close? how far away is it from the city lights, can u see the stars without the light pollution?

Quick Reply: 4-2-05 mt. hammy drive