To the 35-45 year old man driving the UGM STi on Sand Hill Road today

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by AspenTrWrx
I dont know who the guy is but i find it funny how many people can just ramble on about one person just driving spirited especially when half of you guys do it all the time. When there are plans to go on drives no one is going the speed limit so what makes people that go on the twisities and speed compared to people like him that drive spirited on the highway? Both ways you are putting people at risk and breaking the law. So what is the point of starting a thread like this if a bunch of people are just gonna try to fit in with the crowd and just say they never drive there cars fast. The only people that should be posting in this thread are people that only drive there cars fast on the track and never on the main road. If hes a crazy driver let him be its not you getting a ticket or your car impounded
The difference being, usually the drives are early morning or late at night. Normally they only involve the cars that are on the drive. They don't happen in an area where there could potentially be several bystanders that get wrapped up in the accident if this jackass ends up crashing. The cars that go on drives know what the possibility is of a potential crash and being involved. But if I'm driving to work, or home from work and some ******* is driving "Spirited" on the highway when there are a ton of other cars on the road endangering several other cars, then it's different. I do my spirited drives away from traffic, not smack dab in the middle of it. Cutting people off just to get ahead one other car.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
how big was the flame?
Old 07-23-2008, 02:18 PM

Car Info: sc300
you dont have to be young to act like an @$$hat.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:22 PM

Car Info: '04 STi
haha, i didn't know what car the OP was talking about till AutoHQ chimed in... and i've seen that car sooooo many times now.

Brandon, that guy is gonna put a 2.6L in his car? he really does have money to blow. he could have put a big down payment on a GTR for the money he has spent and is going to spend.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:27 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by AspenTrWrx
I dont know who the guy is but i find it funny how many people can just ramble on about one person just driving spirited especially when half of you guys do it all the time. When there are plans to go on drives no one is going the speed limit so what makes people that go on the twisities and speed compared to people like him that drive spirited on the highway? Both ways you are putting people at risk and breaking the law. So what is the point of starting a thread like this if a bunch of people are just gonna try to fit in with the crowd and just say they never drive there cars fast. The only people that should be posting in this thread are people that only drive there cars fast on the track and never on the main road. If hes a crazy driver let him be its not you getting a ticket or your car impounded
I am not going to let him be. People like him are the people that crash into innocent people like my mom driving back from the hospital. My dad also will have to drive home after he is released from Stanford in a few weeks and all it takes is one dumbass like this guy to smash into someone and get them killed.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by BLUEJ20
how big was the flame?
Pretty big, I was imprezzed.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:58 PM

Car Info: AP2/S14/G35/CT9A/GDF
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
The difference being, usually the drives are early morning or late at night. Normally they only involve the cars that are on the drive. They don't happen in an area where there could potentially be several bystanders that get wrapped up in the accident if this jackass ends up crashing. The cars that go on drives know what the possibility is of a potential crash and being involved. But if I'm driving to work, or home from work and some ******* is driving "Spirited" on the highway when there are a ton of other cars on the road endangering several other cars, then it's different. I do my spirited drives away from traffic, not smack dab in the middle of it. Cutting people off just to get ahead one other car.

Im not trying to start an argument because i agree anything can happen when people are driving "spirited" on the highway or anywhere in general and you said most drives are done in the morning and at night but for a fact the roads are not empty in the mornings to the point that only the members that decided to go on the drive are at risk if someone was to crash and also at time there may be members that may be new and just testing their cars limits which could cause just as a horrible of an accident as a person causing an accident on a highway. Overall im just saying i dont see the point of flaming on a new person on the road everyday when tons of people on the board do the same. But i agree that if anyone is driving to the point that other peoples lives are in danger than that should be brought up

Last edited by AspenTrWrx; 07-23-2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:39 PM

Just to make clear this wasn't a highway it was a 2 lane street with traffic..but yea.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
I also know him, and this in not his first car, it's his car let him drive it the way he wants. If anything happens it is his fault.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:04 PM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
relax people ... its not like u guys can do anything to stop him ... as AutoHQ already tried that. So what's the point of arguing with each other on here? .. pointless thread ... All of us has driven like that once in our lives so no need to say that he is an a$$hat ... my .02 cents
Old 07-23-2008, 09:08 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
I also know him, and this in not his first car, it's his car let him drive it the way he wants. If anything happens it is his fault.
That's fine and all, but what happens when his gusto behind the wheel causes an accident that effects others on the road who want nothing to do with his dick waving display?

Same with drunk drivers, I don't care if you want to kill yourself, one less oxygen thief. But, when you endanger other people, that's when you deserve whatever you get.

Originally Posted by Subaru_dude
relax people ... its not like u guys can do anything to stop him ... as AutoHQ already tried that. So what's the point of arguing with each other on here? .. pointless thread ... All of us has driven like that once in our lives so no need to say that he is an a$$hat ... my .02 cents
Agreed, but this guy sounds like a habitual ****head as evidenced by the 'nicknames' he's earned himself over the years. He'll get whats coming to him, be it by fine, someone he buzzed meeting up with him at a later time or making that one miscalculation that costs him his life.

Last edited by Spoolin415; 07-23-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 2008 STi OBP
Originally Posted by Subaru_dude
Man, you guys have no sense of civic responsibility, do you? If someone is endangering the lives of others in a habitual fashion AND you know who it is, then something proactive needs to be done before a serious accident happens.

Sock him with the DMV 'Potentially Unsafe Driver' report here. Worst case, nothing happens; best case, he gets on the DMV watch list and has to be humiliated into retaking his DL test.

I race bikes (the kind you pedal) and ride out on Sand Hill Rd all the time. The exit lane pass maneuver described by the OP is crazy dangerous considering the amount of cycling traffic and that the bike lane goes between those lanes over 280.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
that form is mostly for old people as you can see by the choice they list but you could write how he speeds etc, and that would be funny. id hate to retake my drivers test
Old 07-23-2008, 09:34 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Was this in a school zone?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:51 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I say anyone that drives over 30mph can endanger others already. If not, try runnin into someone on the sidewalk going 30mph.

Driving is a privilege, he got his license, he got his car, he modded his car. If he screws up then let him. If not then let him be. It's cool that he gets his own posts on iclub and he doesn't use computers. Aren't we so generous.

But before we get into the topic of "what is good and what is bad" and turn into Al Gore...

who gives a damn about him, can't stop all the people who make our cars look bad.

Quick Reply: To the 35-45 year old man driving the UGM STi on Sand Hill Road today