To the 35-45 year old man driving the UGM STi on Sand Hill Road today

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:09 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
To the 35-45 year old man driving the UGM STi on Sand Hill Road today

That was me in front of you driving my mom's car back from Stanford Hospital. She thought it was pretty cool how you drove like a 16 year old who just got his first fast car. Looks like it is not only younger people that give imports a bad name.

It was pretty cool how you boosted past us and afterfired right next to us to deafen my mom, she appreciated that.

Also cutting off the car in front of you as you passed the 280S onramp and continued on Sand Hill road was pretty cool too. That actually was the first time my mom has seen a flame shoot out of an exhaust before, cool stuff.

If I was in my STi I would have given you a peace sign when you were behind me but I figured if I gave you too much attention you would just show off, like you did.

I was suprised though usually I do not see older STi owners do body work like you do. Your front end looked just like the Element Tuning STi with the front bumper and the shape of the intercooler. Rear bumper was changed out also.

If you still don't know if it is you I am talking about you had a gauge pod on your dash as well as equal length headers, and an upgraded turbo, short hair and were wearing sunglasses. White, medium build.

Thanks for showing my mother that it is not only people my age and younger that drive like idiots, it can be someone as old as yourself.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:17 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
word
Old 07-22-2008, 04:18 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
I like driving like an ***.
Old 07-22-2008, 04:25 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
i dont know about you guys, but people who dont follow the "slower traffic keep right" signs are bigger nuisances because i then have to pass them...
Old 07-22-2008, 04:44 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Originally Posted by slugrx
i dont know about you guys, but people who dont follow the "slower traffic keep right" signs are bigger nuisances because i then have to pass them...
I agree, this was not that situation.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Car Info: 413whp/461wtq
douches come in all shapes,sizes, and age
Old 07-22-2008, 05:07 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by NorCalDC5
I agree, this was not that situation.
oh you i thought you wrote as he passed on the right...
Old 07-22-2008, 05:34 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Was he hitting on your mom?
Old 07-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
hehe soooo many road rage threads this week, GRRRRRR!!!!!
Old 07-22-2008, 05:41 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
what a douche bag
Old 07-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: Shops cars: 07 STI & 07 Lotus Exige S
Yeah, we know exactly who this guy is.

He is one of our customers.

I hear these kinds of stories about his driving at least once a week. Either the story goes, "That *******." or "Wow, that was awesome." I think it depends on what you see him do, but either way not cool on the streets in my book.

However, we have to remember that everyone has bad days. Today was probably one of those bad days for him, since I had to call him to say that, "Actually, we can't find the closed deck 2.2L block we thought we had. So you'll have to buy a new one from Japan to bore it out and make your sleeved 2.6L. Sorry man, but I looked everywhere."

In any case, there really are no excuses.

Seriously, I talk to him about these "sightings" at least once a week. I have tried my best to encourage him to be a good citizen. He just gets pissed off. Being in my position, it's kind of not a good idea to routinely **** off one of your biggest customers. But I do it anyway trying to encourage him to stay out of trouble.

The body kit is Zero/sports all the way around.

He will not see your post on i-club because he doesn't use computers (but I'll show to him next time he comes to the shop). He lives up in the mountains, and looks down on the rest of us mere mortals. When not terrorizing cars, he enjoys racing super bikes. He told me today about beating 2 of 4 he raced this weekend; and then he said that once he gets the engine he wants to be able to beat all the super bikes. That's why he needs me to find him a 2.2 L closed deck block sooner rather than later. He is tired of getting beat by some motorcycles. He has just had enough of that and can't stand it anymore!

Last edited by AutoHQ; 07-23-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thanks for posting that AutoHQ,

But, "he doesn't use computers"? WTF? Who doesn't use a computer?!
Old 07-22-2008, 08:57 PM

Car Info: RBP 98 RS/WRX
Seriously, you would think a guy with access to what seems to be a good chunk of money would spend a little dough to get a computer with internet...

Natural selection will get the best of him if he doesn't change his ways. I say let him learn his lesson the hard way.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:18 PM

Car Info: 2013 WR Blue Pearl WRX Limited
hey i know this guy too, he works for construction at stanford hospital, and i work for valet at stanford hospital. we park in the same parking structure. he seemed like a nice guy when we talked in the garage. yeah i think its pretty weird to that a guy of his age would mod his car like that. his bumper is pretty outstanding.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:20 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
i see a lot of middle age people drives like that. i just shake my head.

last thursday on 880 by great mall. a silver evo with EIP sticker was racing a black camero on the freeway. the thing is there were a lot of cars on the road. they both looked at me and want to race with me. and they were pretty old.

Quick Reply: To the 35-45 year old man driving the UGM STi on Sand Hill Road today