30,000 miles in the bay

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru WRX 5-door
Hey peeps,

I bought my 08 from capitol subaru, and usually go to them for minor services, but now i'm overdue for my 30k because I can't afford their price. The thing is that I have the lifetime forever warranty on my powertrain, and I don't want to void it.

According to this faq: http://www.nationalautomotiveexperts...aspx?PageID=61 I can take it to any preauthorized facility.
I have to call the number and figure it out.

but anyway, whats the least expensive "acceptable" shop you all can recommend in the south bay? I'll start there and hopefully these warranty people will authorize it.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:49 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by Traxamillion
stevens creek is ****! Don't go there.
umm you do know that they have three i-club members working in the service dept over there right? and I gotta say that I have yet to have a negative experience with Stevens Creek. All i hear are rumors.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:55 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
umm you do know that they have three i-club members working in the service dept over there right? and I gotta say that I have yet to have a negative experience with Stevens Creek. All i hear are rumors.
I'll vouch for that. Their sales team lacks knowledge (and thats being generous), but as for service and parts those guys are changing it.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:14 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
LIC is the only place.

I have even towed my car up there because it was worth it.
Yes I lived in the east bay at the time too.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:26 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
I do the easy stuff myself (oil, tranny fluid, rear diff fluid, air filter, etc). The only things that are a pain are the spark plugs and coolant.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:29 AM

Car Info: 06 Impreza
Originally Posted by lboogie
lic is the shiznit.
lic ftw!!!!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:44 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
LIC is good

i am getting mines done at the dealership though, already paid for part of the deal when i bought the car

probably the last time the dealership will see her too.

possibly goign 20g this summer. wifey said ok, just gotta work out some details, and do a lot of dishes
Old 02-08-2009, 01:42 AM

Car Info: .
+9? for LIC.

Just do it.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:05 AM

Car Info: 2013 WR Blue Pearl WRX Limited
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU

when i went there to buy some gaskets and bolts for my uppipe/downpipe, this mechanic came out and i saw his name tag. same as the business cards on the counter so i assumed this guy was a lead mechanic or something. i told him i have a wrx, he said "alright, .... do you have a turbo?" WHAT!?!
Old 02-08-2009, 12:30 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru WRX 5-door
I'm sorry but I just can't make the drive up to LIC from San Jose... maybe someday when i get my AP I'll go up there to have it tuned, but for now can I have some realistic suggestions? AHQ is in redwood city right? thats a bit far, but at least somewhat realistic.
How about any others in the south bay? Milpitas? Fremont? For $300 or less? or am I just asking for trouble then?
Old 02-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by skaunit
I'm sorry but I just can't make the drive up to LIC from San Jose... maybe someday when i get my AP I'll go up there to have it tuned, but for now can I have some realistic suggestions? AHQ is in redwood city right? thats a bit far, but at least somewhat realistic.
How about any others in the south bay? Milpitas? Fremont? For $300 or less? or am I just asking for trouble then?
Maybe you can convince one of the shops to come service your car in your driveway. For under $300!!!

You have to compromise, you want cheap, good and close. Not going to happen, sorry. Cheap work isn't good and good work isn't cheap. Sometimes you have to drive for quality.

Looks like you're doing to have to suck it up and make that JOURNEY up to SE or GST. Be sure to pack some granola bars and extra water in case you break down on that lengthy trip up there.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
speed element or gst
Old 02-08-2009, 01:10 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
"Can't" or "Won't" ?

Getting your car serviced by a shop that people recommend over & over, that's what makes a Subaru a Subaru.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:34 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
This isn't your thread anyway!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
I drive to LIC from Monterey! And there's a reason I continue to do it; customer service and quality. Ok, 2 reasons.

Fine, 3 reasons, Noah is a great dancer.

Quick Reply: 30,000 miles in the bay