25% REI coupons

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 11:02 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
25% REI coupons

So i have about 10 of these coupons left. heres the deal-- its good for 25% off a purchase over 200 dollars, 20% off under $200, and 10% on bikes and GPS) the items have to be in the store, and its only usable on saturday the 18th. examples of items you might need over $200: tents, sleeping bags, jackets, backpacks, climbing gear, shoes, etc. so let me know if you are planning on purchasing something, and i can hook you up!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:52 AM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Nice. I'm looking for some new shades. This coupon is good at the store and online?
Old 03-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Sweeeeeet! %25 off at REI? So, that puts their prices about 5% above other retail stores after the discount?

REI is the most YUPPIE/HIPPIE store ever

I'd suggest going there to try things on, then taking note, going home and ordering the same thing online. But that's just me since the economy has gone south and I've been trying to save some dough.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:37 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
I get a discount at Mountain Hardware (in-store) if anybody ever goes there

mountain hardware gear is good stuff
Old 03-29-2009, 10:17 AM

Daniel you're like SOO cool, i bet girls all around are like "i've always wanted a man that spends all his time talking about guns and cutting other people down online-- its incredibly masculine." i find it ironic that you are a moderator on this forum, when it seems like your only purpose is to malevolently discredit others' comments, while on the contrary, members such as myself find opportunities to benefit other i-clubbers. this thread was created in an attempt to help others, not to give you an opportunity to argue, so if you dont like it, you can shove it.

Lurk -- in store only, but there's actually a fair selection; call in and see if they have what you are looking for.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
That's a little harsh as he was also trying to help i-club members by letting them know how they can get things cheaper. He's trying to benefit others by telling them something that is more or less truthful. You can always find some of the stuff REI sells for cheaper online.

Originally Posted by akdmx
Daniel you're like SOO cool, i bet girls all around are like "i've always wanted a man that spends all his time talking about guns and cutting other people down online-- its incredibly masculine." i find it ironic that you are a moderator on this forum, when it seems like your only purpose is to malevolently discredit others' comments, while on the contrary, members such as myself find opportunities to benefit other i-clubbers. this thread was created in an attempt to help others, not to give you an opportunity to argue, so if you dont like it, you can shove it.

Lurk -- in store only, but there's actually a fair selection; call in and see if they have what you are looking for.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:52 AM

Car Info: 2012 DGM STi Sedan
I may be in the market for a nice sleeping bag and other goods since i'm doing a hiking trip at Zion in June. How can I get the coupon from you? Thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 11:08 AM

sweet, ive been in the zion canyons before. ill be hanging out at home most of today, (palo alto) so if you want to meet up here we can do that.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by akdmx

Whoa, that was TOTALLY uncalled for and there is no place for that kind of crap here on i-club. If you want to flame others and act like a child, NASIOC might be a better forum for you. Enjoy you warning points.

I wasn't trying to argue, I was trying to help others save money during hard times... and I was OBVIOUSLY being sarcastic with the "10%" comment.

Last edited by brucelee; 03-29-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
Sweeeeeet! %25 off at REI? So, that puts their prices about 5% above other retail stores after the discount?

REI is the most YUPPIE/HIPPIE store ever

I'd suggest going there to try things on, then taking note, going home and ordering the same thing online. But that's just me since the economy has gone south and I've been trying to save some dough.
It's definitely not a hippie store, just stupid yuppies who think hippies shop there.

Please list 1 other retail store that sells the same brands for cheaper.

You know REI has some of their own **** too which is fairly quality.

Point being= buying northface and all the other ski **** that is 600 a jacket, thats your problem, if you buy those gay *** brands you get raped, rei or not.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:24 PM

REI sells most items at or just below MSRP, it is not a discount retailer. all items sold at REI are backed by a lifetime satisfaction guarantee, to me this is worth the slightly higher price. Daniel your comment about REI being a hippie and yuppie store is both offensive to the employees and shoppers at REI. I also find it unethical to suggest taking advantage of resources at REI and purchasing elsewhere. i dont see how your post can be interpreted as some sort of service to the members of i-club, trying to save them money. to me it seems very clearly like an attack at the shoppers, and the store.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:04 PM

Why on EARTH are people being offended by this REI nonsense?

Both times I tried to buy something there (Specialty flashlight, and a pair of boots) they were quite a bit more expensive then other stores, simple as that! I merely suggested a cheaper way to buy things (Online!) Jeeeeeze, you act like I raped your mother or something! When I mentioned the "10%" thing, it was OBVIOUSLY a joke, how can a store possibly be 10% more expensive then other stores after a 25% discount?

Why you guys got offended by this is beyond me, but I suggest a chill pill... We're not enemies here, we're all subaru folk trying to help each other out... Sheeeessh!
Old 03-29-2009, 07:25 PM

oh, yea now i get it. you meant "REI is the most YUPPIE/HIPPIE store ever" in like a really constructive, helpful way. thank you SO much for supplementing my attempt at doing something nice.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:41 PM

Dude, get over it! I really didn't mean harm with my statement... it was just a dumb harmless comment full of sarcasm, I had no idea you were so sensitive about where you work... Jeeeeeze.

I read through your post history and I'm AMAZED that you haven't gone off on other people for other things. Unless someone is flaming you directly with foul language and personal jabs, no one is out to get you... There is a lot of sarcasm to be had, some of it is hard to detect since you can't see or hear the person, and I suppose thats what smilies are for, perhaps I should have used more... Anyway, point is, you need to adjust your sarcasm detector, and you need to tone down the personal insults.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
It's Ridiculously Overpriced Inventory because they give their customers the utmost freedom on returns... and its funny most that complain about their high prices are ones that habitually abuse the return privilege.

I love REI.

I try to buy from Any Mountain too, since they are local.

Quick Reply: 25% REI coupons