23109(a) speed contest misdemeanor

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 02:41 PM

Car Info: 05 white WRX
Pretty sure OP knew he was in the wrong as he was asking for advice on how to proceed.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:58 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
... This is the thread that never ends; it just goes on and on and on
Old 01-05-2012, 03:00 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by SolSurferX
Lovin' how everyone playing the 'what, you've never been speeding?' argument conveniently continue to ignore this fact...

So much un-winning.
You know the street next to my work. The speed limit there is 25 but everyone uses it as a quarter mile track. Half of the guys posting in this forum have cars tuned to go fast and most of them never track. Should I automatically assume they street race as well? How about the guys that post videos of their car zooming by the photographers car? What speed are they going? Im not ignoring the fact that he was going 2x speed limit on a commercial street. He got caught and is now going to pay. What pisses me off is people telling him to sell his car or get ****ed because he made a mistake.

Originally Posted by bigeyedfi5h
It means I'm sick of people trying to make it seem like they're a victim when they're the ones that are committing the crime. Now if you're falsely accused of something, by all means lawyer up, prove your innocence, and make sure they are held accountable for the false accusations. But don't go commit a crime, get caught, and then try and act like "I wasn't racing, I was cruising" and expect someone to come bail you out of a situation you got yourself into.
Where did he play the victim role? He said he was going fast and got popped for racing and wanted to know if getting a lawyer would be a good idea and if anyone has recommendations. He didnt ask people to start playing judge and jury.

Originally Posted by wilde
Pretty sure OP knew he was in the wrong as he was asking for advice on how to proceed.
exactly this. once again im out.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:13 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Should I automatically assume they street race as well? How about the guys that post videos of their car zooming by the photographers car? What speed are they going?
I drive mine on the street.. Err used too.. I do go to the track, But because of the looks of my car people coin me as being a street racer. Which is wrong.. I cant drive my car down the road in fear of the police pulling me over because they think I am a street racer.

And as far as the photos go..

They can be deceiving. My car looks parked. But I am really going 175mph in that parking lot.

As long as there are Asshates out there in subarus. The cops will treat us all like asshates. I have as well as most long time subaru owners seen the change over the last 5 -6 years. Police used to never look at a subaru. And I am sure the F&F4 didnt help us as well.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by LifePlaza
were there models at the photoshoot?
THis
Old 01-05-2012, 03:59 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by old.guy
I drive mine on the street.. Err used too.. I do go to the track, But because of the looks of my car people coin me as being a street racer. Which is wrong.. I cant drive my car down the road in fear of the police pulling me over because they think I am a street racer.

They can be deceiving. My car looks parked. But I am really going 175mph in that parking lot.

As long as there are Asshates out there in subarus. The cops will treat us all like asshates. I have as well as most long time subaru owners seen the change over the last 5 -6 years. Police used to never look at a subaru. And I am sure the F&F4 didnt help us as well.
I was pushing the car in this photo

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikemim...in/photostream

Last edited by sigma pi; 01-05-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:00 PM

Car Info: Flared 2007 STI, EQ built and tuned
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
The OP posted location/pics of the road.
I did not see this
Old 01-05-2012, 04:01 PM

Car Info: Flared 2007 STI, EQ built and tuned
Originally Posted by Heedz
Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM

Car Info: '06 WRB STi

Dude you must of had like 35 cameras for that to be acceptable!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
You know the street next to my work. The speed limit there is 25 but everyone uses it as a quarter mile track. Half of the guys posting in this forum have cars tuned to go fast and most of them never track. Should I automatically assume they street race as well? How about the guys that post videos of their car zooming by the photographers car? What speed are they going? Im not ignoring the fact that he was going 2x speed limit on a commercial street. He got caught and is now going to pay. What pisses me off is people telling him to sell his car or get ****ed because he made a mistake.

Where did he play the victim role? He said he was going fast and got popped for racing and wanted to know if getting a lawyer would be a good idea and if anyone has recommendations. He didnt ask people to start playing judge and jury.

exactly this. once again im out.
Pretty sure we've used that street multiple times doing WOT pulls LOL (up to 25mph )
Old 01-05-2012, 04:19 PM

By the law (or morals) our cars don't need to be modded. Even if you don't street race(which I believe, as I don't) you can still get popped for excessive acceleration. My dad got stopped for excessive acceleration in an older 911 turbo, all stock. Ticketed. Fact is we all have sped or currently speed at some point it's just a matter of whether, if a cop catches you, it is safe for other drivers, people, pets, etc.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:22 PM
banned

Car Info: 500+ whp Club
Its dangerous any place.. even at a race track

Bus stops and school buses are everywhere.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Is it street racing if you're driving a stick trying to get to the speed limit and the car next to you is automatic and has a quick pick up?

Old 01-05-2012, 04:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Oh I've definitely pushed my car to the limits before, but I was at Laguna Seca.
You're a good boy. My car has been pushed all over. LOL!

I did not read this thread but I will share what I know in a serious manner. LOL!

Double the speed limit... you won't win that fight, racing or not. You may be able to get it reduced if you go to court but expect to pay out the ***. The definition for that ticket is pretty broad.

My personal experience with that ticket... I got one for 100+ in a 35 along with enough smog and moving violation to fill 2 tickets front and back. In my case it was pure harassment. I ended up selling the car. They ended up not even submitting the ticket.

I had to call the DA's office every week for a year until they told me I was released from worry. LOL.

You may need to put a call in to the D.A. as well to see what's up with your violation.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:38 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT

Im well aware of what good video editing can do. I guess I can assume that the EWG blaring as the car passes by was sound editing too or the fact that the car was 1/4 mile ahead of the photographer in 10 secs... (talking in general about some of the movies Ive seen posted here and on nazioc)

People have been getting screwed with by cops as long as I have been in the automotive scene especially imports. I used to be a regular attendee and a rare participant in the 90s at the In n Out races until all the laws started changing.

If you drive a car with a roll cage, loud exhaust, rims and a big wing I dont care if you're a Honda, Datsun, Mustang, Posche or a Suby, you're getting profiled.

Quick Reply: 23109(a) speed contest misdemeanor