2009 WRX $23,550 OTD. guess where......

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan. Eibach springs, Blitz NUR cat back, Rota 17" Attacks, Cobb AccessPort/DP
yea, they'll smile and pat you on the back when you drive off the lot with the new car. God help you though if there are any issues after that. They'll treat you like the red headed stepchild.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:17 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
Originally Posted by evo8dustu
congrats to your friend on the purchase, the 09 wrx's are now actually worth buying compared to the 08's imo... did he receive the car yet? i work at oakland subaru and stevens creek was calling me non stop today trying to get a trade for our gray wrx base sedan.
yeah thats probably them asking for my friend's "gray wrx base sedan" haha

if its not here tonight, it should be ready in a couple of days. i'll keep you guys posted.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
That doesn't sound like the kind of deal to jump up and down over to me... unless I'm reading something wrong???

one tax and fees are on there you're talking well over $26k.

Seems to me getting truly OUT THE DOOR for $25 flat would be a deal to be happy with.

I know times have changed but I paid I think $100 over invoice for mine when I got it.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:31 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX --> 07 STI --> 10 Cayman S
Originally Posted by DetailAddict
haha i know exactly what you mean... the guy i spoke with knew nothing about the STi and Subaru in general. He didn't know I actually owned 3 Subaru in the past 8 years. All he could tell me was how ****ty Evos are... What a joke... Needless to say, I left...
I think I know who you're talking about. Thank god he wasn't my sales rep. I don't like it when sales people talk **** about about a perfectly good car
Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by pwnx0rz
I just went with my friend to purchase a 2009 WRX sedan. Gray, base model.

Went to Capitol Subaru and test drove a 09 WRX sedan and was impressed with the new model. There's definitely more power to it, and the ride quality felt alot better than previous years. I didn't get to push it too hard, so you'll have to find your driving impressions elsewhere. I spent 2.5 hours with the salesman, who knew absolutely NOTHING about the WRX. All he knew was "it has more power than the previous models". I thought I was selling him the car for ****s sake. After not getting an progress, I decided to leave.

Determined not to make my Sunday not go to waste, I decided to just give Stevens Creek a shot to redeem themselves. Much to my surprise, the sales woman(giggity) wasn't that bad. She was clear, concise, and easy to work with. I didn't want to chat it up like I did at Capitol, and she didn't either. I wrote down what I wanted, and she did what she could. Within 30 minutes, we had a deal. I'm not saying that Stevens Creek is any better, but all I know is that Stevens Creek will usually give you the best deal, and if you ask for Mai, the lady I dealt with, I'm sure you won't be let down.

Oh and btw, we got it for $23,550 before tax and licensing fees. I think that's a pretty good steal!
$23,550 before tax and licensing is not OTD like in your Title. Your OTD price was probably $26,500-$28,000 depending on where you live and the tax rate for your area.

Not a bad price at all for an 09 WRX, they're sick. Just misunderstood the OTD price
Old 12-09-2008, 08:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2017 CWP WRX & 2007 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by brucelee
Just looked, and WOW, talk about a friggin rip off!

2009 WRX MSRP $25k

2009 WRX with Premium package MSRP $27.5

2009 WRX w/Sat Radio, Nav MSRP $29.5 <-----

Dude, $30 grand for a WRX with sat radio and navigation?! Thats just a little less then BRAND NEW STi's that first came out, and only a few grand less then a current brand new STi without navigation...

I don't know about you guys, but I'd take a 2009 STi for $35k then the highest end WRX for $30k! You get soooo much more when you get an STi that its not even funny! It's not just the power, its everything that goes into an STi that makes it so superior over a WRX.

I really didn't know how great an STi was until I drove one for an hour or so... After 1,500 miles later I'm even more impressed then I was with my 2006 WRX, like night and day different.

So in closing, I'd like to say that you are crazy to buy a WRX for $30k (Even if it does have navigation and sat radio). Man, I'm totally flipping out at the fact that a new loaded WRX is 30k... Wow, just wow.
The WRX has had a $30k msrp before. 06-07s did on the limiteds or even the regular WRX with options. Just have to get them down to invoice.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by medicSTi
The WRX has had a $30k msrp before. 06-07s did on the limiteds or even the regular WRX with options. Just have to get them down to invoice.
Whoa, wait... You're saying that the regular WRX has had an MSRP of around 30k since 06?

The STi had an MSRP of like 32k when they came out, is that what you're talking about?

This new fully loaded WRX is the only regular WRX that has had the MSRP of 30 grand.

Even now the bottom level WRX has an MSRP of 25k, but once you add options it becomes 30k

EDIT: I re-read your post and you were saying the limiteds and optioned WRX' were 30k... But the reason the new WRX is so expensive is because of the power increase, and navigation option which is like 2k. I thought the navigation was introduced last year?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:36 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
if this for the 265hp or for the crappy one?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
07' WRX Limiteds were about $27k new. I got mine for under $25k with a couple thousand miles on the odometer. I will NOT pay over $30k OTD for a new WRX even with leather...which so far is only in Australia and/or the EU.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
if this for the 265hp or for the crappy one?
I thought all the new 09 WRX' were getting the power increase? No?
Old 12-09-2008, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Lboogie
07' WRX Limiteds were about $27k new. I got mine for under $25k with a couple thousand miles on the odometer. I will NOT pay over $30k OTD for a new WRX even with leather...which so far is only in Australia and/or the EU.
I prefer the STi alacantera (sp?) material over leather anyway... It holds you in your seat so much nicer. With leather you slip and slide all over when cornering. Why pay more for that? On a legacy, yes, but on an Impreza, no. Don't make the Impreza into something its not, and its def not a luxury car.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:53 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
^^ haha i like leather cuz i spill stuff (food, drinks) a lot and smoke in my car occasionally, but otherwise i would like non leather seats
Old 12-09-2008, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by slugrx
^^ haha i like leather cuz i spill stuff (food, drinks) a lot and smoke in my car occasionally, but otherwise i would like non leather seats
I banned everyone from eating in my car, and I never eat in my car because its a distraction especially when you're shifting all the time.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:57 AM
banned

I don't move around in my seat, there's a seatbelt and fitting bolsters to corral me in. I tried the alacantara....didn't like it, plus I wanted 'some' luxury. I had leather in my pre-wrx and was not going to pay more $$ for a downgrade in features.

If I wanted actual luxury I would have just bought an Audi or Volvo, but I don't need all the gizmo's. The WRX limited has speed, awd, & a dash of luxury which was what I was shopping for.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:58 AM
banned

Originally Posted by brucelee
I banned everyone from eating in my car, and I never eat in my car because its a distraction especially when you're shifting all the time.
I told the chicks I was driving on Friday night "you spill that captain morgan on my leather and I'll kill each of you twice."

Quick Reply: 2009 WRX $23,550 OTD. guess where......