2004 WRX wagon owner - huge FAIL!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Ballz
He was in his late 20's..
What a retard...
But at least there was a happy ending to the story!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:35 PM

Car Info: 07 black piggy STI, 1996 Integra LS
He didn't know the seats folded down... in his wagon?
Old 09-29-2010, 11:59 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Did he know there are rear doors on the side of the car?

And that the windows roll down?

And the little button labelled "A and C" will make the air cool on hot days?

Seriously for shame on him.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:30 AM

Car Info: 2015 FXT
wow thats pretty bad...
Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 AM

Car Info: wrx02
Haha

He will give you 10/10 on customer service. "This guy at the shop took his time to show me how to fit a bike in my wagon by folding the back seats!"
Old 09-30-2010, 08:23 AM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Nice job!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 AM

Car Info: Forester XTi
WHAT, the seats fold on a wagon, MADNESS I tell you, MADNESS. I think you broke his car and are just trying to cover up. You ruined this guys back seat, shame on you...

:flipoff2:
Old 09-30-2010, 08:36 AM

Car Info: 04 STi
Maybe before the wagon he owned an 04 STi...
Old 10-01-2010, 03:13 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX wagon
How do I car plus bike?????
Old 10-01-2010, 05:14 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Damn, is this i-club or NAZIOK? You guys are being really rough on the guy... Just because he didn't know that his seats folded down? Not everyone is as obsessed with their cars like we are, and obviously he bought the car to get from point A to point B a little quicker than most cars...

When I broke my arm my wife couldn't figure out how to take off the front wheel of my bike to put it into the car, so we had to wait for the firefighters to do it (I was so embarrassed! ). If I didn't have two large bones coming out of my forearm, then maybe I could have managed it myself. Point is, my wife rides a nice bike and enjoys riding, but because she doesn't know how to take off the front or rear wheel, she's automatically an idiot?

Come on guys, cut him some slack. Didn't we just recently have a 'n00b' thread where we discussed this same type of elitism? It probably didn't help the fact that Bryan was "egging him on"... He could have simply said "Sir, the rear seats fold down and your bike will fit, and made up a lie like you used to have the same model, etc... Or you could have done what you did and egg him on and say "I just want to show you something" Def not the best way to handle the situation dude.

So why exactly are you guys ragging on this guy so hard? Because he's a n00 and you never were? Gimme a break...
Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 AM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by Ballz
So on Monday a guy comes in the Bike Connection and tries out about 5 bikes, finds one that he likes. He pays for the bike and says he'll pick it up with his truck in two days. I asked what he was driving at that moment, he said a Subaru. Oh a sedan, I asked. No he said an 04' WRX wagon ... eh? I asked if he had anyone else in the car, he says nope, well is the back full, he says no. Well let's go outside and have a look.

Outside the store the chap has a nice stock WRX wagon. So sir, why won't it fit? Well he looks at me like an idiot and said it won't fit because the bike will hit the back of the passenger seats... (my thoughts at this moment... are you ***king ***ting me!!!)
I asked if he could unlock his doors so I could show him something. He went off that I was wasting his time and asked to speak to my manager. I said please just unlock your doors so I can show you something really quick then you can talk to my manager. So he finally did and opened his rear door and folded his rear seat down... OMFG! The guys jaw dropped and said "the seats fold down?!?" Wow.. So how long have you owned this car? Since it was new...
The guy then starts getting excited and says wow, now I can sell the new Ford truck I just bought last year. I guess the guy was making payments of $800 a month on a truck that he said he will be selling on CL this week.
My question was how did he drive the car for almost 6 years and not know the rear seats fold down?!... well after all that, I asked if he wanted to still talk to my mgr, he said no and handed me a $6 tip... along with a huge thank you showing him how his car worked..
bike connection always hooks it up... do you know woody? he's a friend of mine, cool *** dude.

Originally Posted by brucelee
Damn, is this i-club or NAZIOK? You guys are being really rough on the guy... Just because he didn't know that his seats folded down? Not everyone is as obsessed with their cars like we are, and obviously he bought the car to get from point A to point B a little quicker than most cars...

When I broke my arm my wife couldn't figure out how to take off the front wheel of my bike to put it into the car, so we had to wait for the firefighters to do it (I was so embarrassed! ). If I didn't have two large bones coming out of my forearm, then maybe I could have managed it myself. Point is, my wife rides a nice bike and enjoys riding, but because she doesn't know how to take off the front or rear wheel, she's automatically an idiot?

Come on guys, cut him some slack. Didn't we just recently have a 'n00b' thread where we discussed this same type of elitism? It probably didn't help the fact that Bryan was "egging him on"... He could have simply said "Sir, the rear seats fold down and your bike will fit, and made up a lie like you used to have the same model, etc... Or you could have done what you did and egg him on and say "I just want to show you something" Def not the best way to handle the situation dude.

So why exactly are you guys ragging on this guy so hard? Because he's a n00 and you never were? Gimme a break...
i dunno maybe it's just me, but i tend to assume that nearly every wagon/hatch/suv/van have the ability to have their back seats that fold down to utilize the extra space... just kinda seems like common sense.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:26 AM

Car Info: '12 TSX 6MT/'01 E39 wagon/'67 VW on E85/'93 M900
Wait.. you mean the floor behind the front seats folds up and turns into seats??

Stan
Old 10-01-2010, 11:32 AM

Car Info: 04 WRX & 01 NEON "SRT0"
people like that is why other countries hate us
Old 10-01-2010, 02:33 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
good job bryan!
Old 10-01-2010, 11:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by brucelee

If the gentleman in question had bones sticking out of his arm or was of the fairer sex, we wouldn't have been so hard on him.

Quick Reply: 2004 WRX wagon owner - huge FAIL!