1st Post.... How about some advice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
For wheels that don't break the bank, i would recommend Rota, they make some pretty good replica wheels of popular styles, nice and budget, but not so cheap that you hit a pothole and they warp like crazy.

If you're interested, i suggest you talk to Suby Dude
Subydude!

He's local to the BA and a very cool vendor.

Last edited by Seraph; 09-17-2003 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Old Brighton
What color is your wagon????
Old 09-17-2003, 06:43 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
That wing needs to be twice as big and 3 times as tall. Something kinda like this... Its time to shop, get your Shopping cart ladies!!!

(Yes, this was a real production Plymouth... Superbird GTX. S-H-O-pee-pee-I-N-G, we're SHOPPING!)

jason

p.s. Welcome

Last edited by mmboost; 09-17-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:55 PM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
I keep one of those in my garage in the event that we get invaded by an evil race of bovine invaders, and will be forced to slice their cheese ships.

My other slicing vessel:

*boots the thread back on topic*
Old 09-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
i would also reccomend rota!
Old 09-17-2003, 07:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Welcome Iriedog...what part of sacramento are you from so i can keep a lookout. If you see an 2003 wrb sedan with gold 57c's in the elkgrove area it's probably me. there's about a handful of other guys here that live in the elk grove area alone. Be sure to wave if you see another subie.

As far as wheels i once had rota's too and they're a great wheel for daily driving that won't break the bank. If i could do it all over again i would have gotten rota SDR's instead of subzero's because that style got old. You might want to look into getting some gunmetal SDR's for a silver car. Just ask Subydude seeing how he's a great vendor with reasonable prices...and he's local.

Hope to see you around. If you have a free Saturday try and make it to the weekly meets (it's posted as a sticky thread). It's pretty much a bunch of car geeks that gather to shoot the sheit.

anyway welcome and have fun.

eric

Old 09-17-2003, 07:45 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I suggest Rotas as well... <ducks and hides>

www.subydude.com

for other mods, look at

www.gruppe-s.com

www.mpjperformance.com

-Gagan (@subydude.com)
Old 09-17-2003, 08:18 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

[hijack]

i got a nice set (well okay, 3.5 wheels) of rota sub zeros for sale... cheap...

looks great on a silver wagon... [insert evil smiley]

[/hijack]

as for the stereo... how much are you willing to spend?

i suggest a kick *** 6.5" setup in the front doors. nothing in the rear doors.

a great subwoofer and a 3 channel amp to power everything.

forget the LCD. too much of a bait for thieves. just get a mp3 capable head unit and you'd be set.

did you get an alarm? first thing is an alarm.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:19 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally posted by mmboost
That wing needs to be twice as big and 3 times as tall. Something kinda like this... Its time to shop, get your Shopping cart ladies!!!

(Yes, this was a real production Plymouth... Superbird GTX. S-H-O-pee-pee-I-N-G, we're SHOPPING!)

jason

p.s. Welcome
BEEP BEEP... is that the road runner edition?
Old 09-17-2003, 08:22 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Re: 1st Post.... How about some advice?

Originally posted by iriedog
Hey everyone. I just stumbled upon this site while trying to figure out what kind of modifications I want to do to my new 2004 Subaru WRX Wagon. What an awesome site! From all the post it sounds like a lot a great people and some great resources as well.

I was curious as if anyone can give me some advice on some modifications?

I don't want to turn my car into a stickered-out racecar, (well, eventually, who knows). But I would like to know what are some simple no brainer upgrades I can do to my ride to start increasing it's performance. Intake....exhaust....manual turbo...?I'm pretty clueless (not totally) on what the first steps I should take.

Wheels. I've seen some sick wheels in the picture galleries. Can anyone recommend some wheels that won't break the bank? I want to put some slicks on some nice wheels and save my stock wheels and tires for the snow season. Will that work out? Some upgraded lights would be cool if anyone knows about them.

And stereo sytems. I think I'm cool to pick a deck. Still trying to figure if I want to go the LCD route. But what kind of speakers fit well. I want a very tight/crisp sounding system. I don't need to thump and try to impress everyone, but of course I want some bump. Ya know. I'd really appreciate and advice anyone can give. It would be great to hear from several people so I can research and price several different options. Thanks everyone and looking forward to being part of the club. Peace.

I'll really miss my old ride........
JC
Can you make it to Natomas Crossing off Truxel on saturday evenings? We can give you a lot of first hand advice in person.
Also, what's your actual name? There's already a well-known BAICer by the name of JC.

Quick Reply: 1st Post.... How about some advice?