19 year old kid + brand new evo 9=?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:45 PM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
LOL wow that thread on NCE really blew up.

I like how everyone on NCE is saying that im *****ing and moaning, when honestly, i dont think that ive said much about the accident besides my first post in this thread.

if someone wants to put this on NCE feel free to because i wanna get my side of the story straight with those flamers on NCE

so im on 880 coming from fremont and im heading out to SF for the day to go shopping with my girlfriend. There was a lot of cars on the freeway, but it wasnt a traffic jam. the flow of traffic was 75-80mph. Im in the carpool lane doing about 60mph, because im stuck behind this old minivan that is driving super slow, so i waited til i had an empty gap on the right and ahead of me to pass the minivan up. i got no faster than 80mph to pass up the slow van, then i got back into the carpool lane SAFELY, using my blinkers and all( i most definately was not driving irresponsibly), and i start cruising at 75mph again. about 4 miles later im just chatting it up with my girlfriend about what she wanted to get in the city and, i just so happend to glance in my rear view mirror(like what me and almost all drivers do) to check what cars were behind me. I see a black Evo about 10-15ft away from my car coming at a very fast rate. Keep in mind that i was still doing about 70-75mph at this point. Let me tell you...this Evo was FLYING. with my guess...i would say he was going at least 90mph, not 50mph like he claims. If you were able to slow down to 50mph and i was still doing 70-75mph, then you wouldnt even be close to nailing my car. Also i never slammed on my brakes when i saw him like he claims i did. After the Evo hit my s2000, he still managed to pass my car with his broken wheel(he did not snap an axle btw, like he claimed. he broke his tie rod end), i was able to get back up next to him, which was when my girlfriend rolled down her window and began to yell at the Evo owner to pull his car over. After that we pulled over and exchanged information and we started to talk a little. he told me that he crashed his previous integra in a very similar accident where he rearended another car, and that his tie rod end snapped also. He also told me that he still owed about 20k for the Evo and he told me that he was not gonna pay the rest of the car off and would tell his bank to keep the Evo because he did not want it anymore. He specifically stated that he would rather have ****ed up credit instead of a ****ed up Evo(which i didnt really understand, because the damage to his Evo wasnt TOO bad). We waited for about 30-45minutes before CHP showed up, and finally they took a report and i left immediately, because while at the accident scene i recieved a call from my parents telling me that my grandpa was in the hospital

Also...he should be glad he didnt nail my galant...or mannnnn a lot of bad things would have happend that day
Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 PM

Car Info: 2001 Honda Oddysey
The last time I checked, they were actually flaming on the jackass that hit you, saying he was making up all these excuses and junk.

Fact of the matter is, he's an idiot and everyone who drives recklessly should do the whole world a favor by driving off a f*cking cliff.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:33 PM

Car Info: '05 OBP WRX
really sorry to hear that, hope it's okay. from his story seems like he got the worst of it.

"I was on the 880 northbound today and I was behind a 2002 honda s2000. So there was traffic ahead so I decided to switch lanes. Then out of nowhere this huge trunk jumps into the lane I was almost half way in and almost hits me so I go left. When I looked ahead I was 10 feet from the s2000 who slammed his breaks due to traffic and I was going about 70mph." -the evo driver
Old 08-06-2007, 10:16 PM

Car Info: Subaru?
why dont u sue for injuries? im sure you are hurt
Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
thats sucks bro

and i know first hand at the kids destroyin gifts!

my friends sister recieved her car as a gift and it now will barely go 40mph because of how badly it has been trashed!

personaly im 16 and pay monthly for my subie!

it sucks but i understand the value of hurtin ur car!

get the s2k totalled somewhere where the estimate will be high and the insurance company wont want to fix it!

i work in a body shop and understand the insurance crapola.....if u want to fix it go to the highest estimate u can find so the kid has to pay major!

then he'll understand the value of ownin a car after he has to pay to fix ur car and his!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Car Info: 2012 Honda Civic Si
well put it this way nat, with all the BS and stuff... you and your girl are alright. cheers
Old 08-08-2007, 10:43 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Glad your okay, now its time for a lawyer and a lawsuit! Good Luck and rest up bro.