19 Days Till The 9th Annual BAIC Meet (BAM 9)! PLEASE READ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 12:06 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
Originally Posted by soggynoodles
what happened to this meet page?

http://www.bayareameet.com/
maybe rescuer made it and now that he's not a mod has something to do with it??
Old 07-18-2009, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Spoolin415: the Marina lot would be a bit of a detour for anyone coming from the Sunset, Richmond, and Upper Peninsula, so it would seem a little inconvenient for us to 2 have to meeting points like that. Not to mention that the City and Daly City are right next to each other. Maybe the best alternative is to come up with a spot that's between the 2 for a single caravan...

silverbullet415: there's one caveat to that: Stonestown security is pretty intolerant to car clubs, so when I organized the SF-DC Mt. Hamilton caravan back in '04, we actually made sure to have breakfast at McDonald's so we wouldn't get hassled (and so that we could drive on a full stomach haha!). Otherwise, Stonestown is a great staging area.

Just my 2 cents, from prior experience
Old 07-18-2009, 12:31 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Spoolin415: the Marina lot would be a bit of a detour for anyone coming from the Sunset, Richmond, and Upper Peninsula, so it would seem a little inconvenient for us to 2 have to meeting points like that. Not to mention that the City and Daly City are right next to each other. Maybe the best alternative is to come up with a spot that's between the 2 for a single caravan...

silverbullet415: there's one caveat to that: Stonestown security is pretty intolerant to car clubs, so when I organized the SF-DC Mt. Hamilton caravan back in '04, we actually made sure to have breakfast at McDonald's so we wouldn't get hassled (and so that we could drive on a full stomach haha!). Otherwise, Stonestown is a great staging area.

Just my 2 cents, from prior experience
True, and Marina Blvd might do a great job of breaking up the caravan.

+1 for somewhere in/around Stonestown.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:09 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Do it on the backside of Stonestown, not in the lots ON 19th Ave. Maybe the movie theatre lot on Buckingham way.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:20 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
Originally Posted by STiForFun
Do it on the backside of Stonestown, not in the lots ON 19th Ave. Maybe the movie theatre lot on Buckingham way.
that is a good one marina those parking spots are usually taken and many lights to separate the pack. The reason i suggested a mall like maybe serramonte is because we could choose alternate routes
but behind of stonestown mall might not be bad either.
Old 07-18-2009, 04:43 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
for the raffle do we buy now or at the event?
Old 07-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
for the raffle do we buy now or at the event?
Tickets will be sold at the registration desk.

Entry to the event: $5

Regular Raffle tickets: (Includes prizes like tint jobs, sway bars, tunes, and various other cool prizes) 3 tickets for $5

Grand Prize Raffle: (includes a built boxer engine valued at well over 1,000, not sure exactly how much it's worth thanks to DBTuned , or an Access Port of your choice thanks to GST valued at $700, or a RPS Max Street Series Clutch thanks to EQ Tuning valued at $800). Each raffle ticket will cost $10 due to the value of the prizes, and every cent will be donated to an animal charity for homeless cats and dogs.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:12 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
What about children? is there an age limit under something that is free, like 2 and under or something... let me know.

also

secondlyI dont really care that the money is going to the animal charity but I;m just gonna ask. Why dont we give the money to some charity for homeless children or something. I mean i would much rather help a child survive than some animal that wont appreciate it as much.

also are we still able to pre pay for the food and stuff too... if so what is the email for that or is it the same for the food as it is for the shirts/hoodies.

Last edited by Irish_car_B0mb; 07-18-2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:34 PM
VIP Member

Backside of Stonestown near the theaters is even worse than front side in terms of security scrutiny. Security is downright paranoid back there (I think because that's where they go to slack off haha, so they don't want anyone bothering them).

Best side even if you don't wanna buy any food is still the McDonald's side up front, especially right up by 19th and next to SFSU (never had any problems there ever). Plus it's good for anyone that wants breakfast or coffee before we hit the road

Maybe we oughta start a SF-DC caravan thread huh?
Old 07-19-2009, 12:16 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Looking at the Google Map satellite view, the UA Theatre parking lot is virtually empty.

Regal UA Twin Cinemas
501 Buckingham Way, San Francisco, CA‎ -

And since its not the mall, I think the mall security can't say anything. If asked nice enough, I could contact my friends @ SFPD to see if I could get you guys a 'thumbs up' of sorts to gather.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:45 PM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
Just a random thought, but I was thinking name tags with screen names and real names might be a good idea for the meet. I wish we would of done that at the track day, it would of helped.
________
Weed Vaporizers

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by crfsti
Just a random thought, but I was thinking name tags with screen names and real names might be a good idea for the meet. I wish we would of done that at the track day, it would of helped.
Yeah, I make sure that we do it every single year, and this year will be no different.

What's the point of going to a huge online car club gathering and not knowing who anyone is? Name tags are the way to go!

So yeah. good idea, and I'm way ahead of you.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Looking at the Google Map satellite view, the UA Theatre parking lot is virtually empty.

Regal UA Twin Cinemas
501 Buckingham Way, San Francisco, CA‎ -

And since its not the mall, I think the mall security can't say anything. If asked nice enough, I could contact my friends @ SFPD to see if I could get you guys a 'thumbs up' of sorts to gather.
Stonetown mall security actually does patrol that lot; the theater counts as part of the mall. Like I said, I suspect it's their slack-off spot because it's always empty, so they're pretty paranoid about people hanging out around there and watching them slack off. I know because I've been asked to leave that lot 3 times before

So because of that, it would be really awesome if you could some sort SFPD authorization to make Stonestown security STFU
Old 07-19-2009, 03:06 PM

Car Info: '04 PSM Sti
Originally Posted by brucelee
Yeah, I make sure that we do it every single year, and this year will be no different.

What's the point of going to a huge online car club gathering and not knowing who anyone is? Name tags are the way to go!

So yeah. good idea, and I'm way ahead of you.
ok cool, just checking
________
Buy E Cigarettes

Last edited by crfsti; 04-24-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:54 PM

Car Info: 09 DGM STi
Anyone driving from San Jose?

Quick Reply: 19 Days Till The 9th Annual BAIC Meet (BAM 9)! PLEASE READ!!!