17 Year old girl arrested for swearing at 911 operator to help dying father

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 04:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Originally Posted by dickson
Hmm...I don't know.... This cop is a 20yr veteran with a spotless record. (Are they hiding something?)

Let's give him the benefit of a doubt and say that he really does have a spotless 20yr record and on that specific day/week, he was just going through a really tough time. Granted that considering the importance of his job, he should be taking time off. However, he is human after all and we all make human error. IF this was the case, does the guy still deserve to be fired?

For the record, I'm not necessarily defending the cop. Just playing devil's advocate and creating a scenario-based discussion.

In any case, if the guy does get fired over this, I would vote for him to get a customer service job at Fry's.
Irrelevant IMO, You don't take your personal problems into your JOB, especially if your job is one that could mean the difference between someone losing their LIFE or not based on YOUR actions as an operator/dispatcher! If his Wife left him, he STILL needs to be professional at work regardless of how ****ty he felt! 6 minutes wasted could EASILY be enough time to make a bad situation WAAAAY worse. That ******* needs to be put up in front of a firing squad as far as I'm concerned.