+1 for S&S autoconcepts

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 03:30 PM

Car Info: 2006 Limited WRX (totalled), black EVO IX
+1 for S&S autoconcepts

These guys have done a great job of getting a great suspension setup for autocrossing. I've also ordered and installed my complete exhaust setup through them for a reasonable price. The best part is that they are close by for those of us living in the Eastbay.

These guys are very personable and professional with all the work they do. Thanks for fixing up my car guys!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:44 PM

Car Info: WRX STi
Originally Posted by WRXgirl
These guys have done a great job of getting a great suspension setup for autocrossing. I've also ordered and installed my complete exhaust setup through them for a reasonable price. The best part is that they are close by for those of us living in the Eastbay.

These guys are very personable and professional with all the work they do. Thanks for fixing up my car guys!
What times last weekend at the Berkeley AutoX did you get with this great suspension setup?
Old 02-27-2007, 05:21 PM

Car Info: 91 civic
Originally Posted by mudman
What times last weekend at the Berkeley AutoX did you get with this great suspension setup?
She run the best time of the day baby! LOL!
Old 02-28-2007, 10:44 AM

Car Info: '02 WRX
+1 for the great work thanks guys!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:57 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Thumbs up

I would definetly recommend S&S for anyone in the Concord, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek area that needs work from an honest/trustworthy shop!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:27 AM

So let me explain the I do think I have great suspension even if I'm not the fastest on the track. The guys at S&S were the ones that told me if I was going to modify my car I really should autocross it cause then I would be able to really appreciate the work they had done.

I'm new to doing mods to my car, new to driving manual, and new to this whole world of modifying cars. So truthfully I'm not all that fast yet, but I'm working on it and learning a whole lot about my car in the process. This last autox was only my 3rd event ever.

Did you autocross on the weekend? What was your time? If you ever go to any of these events feel free to come talk with me, I'm the only girl that drives a 2006 WRB WRX out there on the weekends for now anyways. I'm sure if you go to the results on the SCCA website you can figure out what my time was for yourself. I don't feel the need to post it here.

The point is these guys are getting me to go out there and helping me learn to realize how good these cars really are along with doing work on it to keep it running well. Thanks S&S!

Last edited by WRXgirl; 03-01-2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 1997 Acura Integra GS Sedan
The point is these guys are getting me to go out there and helping me learn to realize how good these cars really are along with doing work on it to keep it running well. Thanks S&S!
My girlfriend (SuzWRX) ran better than most of the guys out on her first time, she has an STi though, so she's cheating. What is the suspension setup you've got?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Yeah, that is a rather crude remark. For a beginner she does very well, as does her husband (who ran a 49.291). Don't put down someone in a manner like that. One day she'll be just as fast anyone else out there.

-Gagan
Old 03-01-2007, 11:37 AM

Car Info: WRX STi
So let me explain the I do think I have great suspension even if I'm not the fastest on the track. The guys at S&S were the ones that told me if I was going to modify my car I really should autocross it cause then I would be able to really appreciate the work they had done.

I'm new to doing mods to my car, new to driving manual, and new to this whole world of modifying cars. So truthfully I'm not all that fast yet, but I'm working on it and learning a whole lot about my car in the process. This last autox was only my 3rd event ever.

Did you autocross on the weekend? What was your time? If you ever go to any of these events feel free to come talk with me, I'm the only girl that drives a 2006 WRB WRX out there on the weekends for now anyways. I'm sure if you go to the results on the SCCA website you can figure out what my time was for yourself. I don't feel the need to post it here.

My remark wasn't meant to come across like that, I just wondered what AutoX you attended and how competative your set-up is...didn't mean to offend.

Anybody willing to test their set-up against the clock, especially if they just started driving stick, is going about modding the right way.

Good luck for the rest of the season
Old 03-01-2007, 11:39 AM

you're lucky I don't throw you in the mud...man.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: dangerous with a wrench
ttiwwop (of Andrew)
Old 03-01-2007, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by platypus
ttiwwop (of Andrew)
and gagan...
Old 03-01-2007, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by SubyN00by
What is the suspension setup you've got?
Okay so here my current suspension setup, (I think this covers all I've done so far):

Prodrive Springs
KYB adjustable shocks
cusco tower braces (front and back)
cusco sway bars 22mm (front and back) Alot of people have much bigger ones than that but it works well for me.
Perrin endlinks and whiteline bushings

only a couple of things...

Oh by the way Gagan thanks for the positive feedback, I have to say that all the people I've met so far at autox are soo nice. Really great about helping newbies like myself and my husband with feedback.