#1 reason to not run a large website out of your house....

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:02 AM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by writersblock
Taken from your public profile:

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, you're a loser even when you win.

Give Nick some credit here. He boasts the largest online community of Subaru owners and he has a hugely successful web site. The very fact that all of us are here on i-Club bantering about it proves that.

I know that I haven't paid one thin dime to Nick for using the site, and it has been extremely helpful in working on my WRX. There is no way I could put a dollar amount on that.

The fact that many of us, including myself, Monday morning quarterbacked Nick when his site went down, just makes me sick. I'm sure Nick is feeling the same way right now.

I, for one, will offer whatever help I can provide to help Nick through this situation. I think the rest of you should step up to the plate, as well.

Writersblock

yeah i have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to 14U and data place.

one of our socal memebers works at the phone company. they have the generators the two HUGE ac things and alot of computer phone things in there.

there is some i club bantering on nasioc. you just cant post i-club or www.i-club.com on nasioc. i think its the swear filter that changes it to *********

you havent paid one dime, but your traffic helps out. so you have contributed that way.

yes nasioc has more traffic im not going to argue that point at all.

all i was saying was he didnt invent the better mouse trap.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by AcquaCow
^^^ A residence in FL alone might not, but a residence in FL and in DC certainly could...esp if both are multihomed... (read below)

Still...you can host in the best datacenter out there, but that datacenter can still get hit by some act-of-God and go down.

The only way to really keep a site up 24x7 is to not only have redundant hardware & data links, but to also keep another set of servers in a completely different REGION.

If you have servers in DC and in LA, the likelyhood that BOTH would be down at the same time is very close to zero.

And if you want to get even closer to zero...add a 3rd, location...

-- Dave
hmmmmmmmm north dakota seems like nothing ever happens there
Old 10-27-2005, 11:07 AM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by WagonMonster
And you'd be the authority on being a Dick, Dre.
dont take wagon master's job

that picture he chopped of me is posted in SCIC (so cal i club) quite a bit
Old 10-27-2005, 12:00 PM

thanks for the refuge.....later.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
What I have found rather humorous is that within the last week of those few Nasioc/OT members coming over to I-Club for refuge, half of them either mention they are from the all powerful OT once or twice, or continuously sign their post with their Nabisco handle like we care.

Meanwhile within the last couple years of Nabisco's rising, if you go over there and mention how you're a proud member of the original I-Club you get coined a loser by a bunch of people that have literally centered their social life on an internet forum. God I had the elitism in OT. It's really shame that a good Subaru information portal is now grossly centered around OT’s immature, intolerable, and elitist behavior.

Last edited by Salty; 10-27-2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Salty
What I have found rather humorous is that within the last week of those few Nasioc/OT members coming over to I-Club for refuge, half of them either mention they are from the all powerful OT once or twice, or continuously sign their post with their Nabisco handle like we care.

Meanwhile within the last couple years of Nabisco's rising, if you go over there and mention how you're a proud member of the original I-Club you get coined a loser by a bunch of people that have literally centered their social life on an internet forum. God I had the elitism in OT. It's really shame that a good Subaru information portal is now grossly centered around OT’s immature, intolerable, and elitist behavior.
what i find funny are the guys that come over here, talk about how inferior this site is, etc... 2 things come to mind:

1) this site is up and running so how inferior is it?

2) if you hate it so much, why are you here?

chris619
dr_wheel

RussB thinks that a signature line written in the third person is ghey.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RussB
what i find funny are the guys that come over here, talk about how inferior this site is, etc... 2 things come to mind:

chris619
dr_wheel

I do too.

Eric
Salty
Nasioc - Disgruntled and ex. Sisqocqk (May that handle rest in peace).
Old 10-27-2005, 12:40 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
WTF is OT? :?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX Sedan & 2008 GMC Sierra 4x4
Originally Posted by Salty

+1

chris619
dr_wheel

+eleventyBillion!1!!!!!!11!!

It's funny because being from the midwest there is soooo much more activity on the Midwest Nabisco forum but I can't stand that place one bit. The people are none too nice. I don't even want to go into the power mongering mods over there. bleh...Whatever....
Old 10-27-2005, 12:44 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by mcdrama
WTF is OT? :?
Off Topic. it's a part of the site where a bunch of on-line personalities (mostly over-inflated due to the anonymous nature of a message board) gather to mock people who signed up for the site after 2001.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:49 PM
VIP Member

Off Topic. it's a part of the site where a bunch of on-line personalities (mostly over-inflated due to the anonymous nature of a message board) gather to mock people who signed up for the site after 2001.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. This is by FAR the best description of OT I have ever read.

Thanks Russ.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 08 sti

you forgot the part where 99% of the mockers signed up after 2001
Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dr3d1zzl3
you forgot the part where 99% of the mockers signed up after 2001

RussB used to have a lower member number before being banned by subiegal.